We stayed here for 1 nite as we'd vouchers otherwise i would normally not pay over 200 euro's for 1 nite's accomadation no matter how nice.
The hotel itself is located a couple of miles from the quaint village of ballyvaughan.
The hotel is really nice, a country house.
A lovely bar inside there, the only problem was we were the only 2 people in there.
The rooms were very nice, beware though if looking for a tv you won't find one in gregans.
The grounds are very nice.
We ate in the restauraunt which is an experience.
I've never eaten food like it before, fine dining it certanily was.
The chef obviously puts a lot of work in to the food and the staff were friendly and very efficient.
Worth going once for treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With breathtaking views across Galway Bay and idyllically situated overlooking the unique Burren landscape, this is the ultimate luxury and gourmet hideaway. Simon and Frederieke together with their staff manage this oasis of comfort and offer genuine Irish hospitality, award winning innovative cooking and elegant bedrooms free from the intrusion of televisions. Antiques, an eclectic art collection, open fires, candles, jugs of flowers and Shelley the cat add to the indulgently relaxing atmosphere. The hotel while strictly not a "castle" in the usual sense of the word has been named "Gregans Castle" since it was built in 1750 as a more comfortable residence for the O'Loughlen and Martyn families from the nearby 16th century towerhouse. Located on the Wild Atlantic Way and the Burren Food Trail. The ideal location from which to enjoy the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Walking, Cycling, the Aran Islands, Horse Riding, Surfing, Sea Angling, Golf. Members of The Burren Ecotourism Network. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Gregans Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gregans Castle Ballyvaughan
- Hotel Gregans Castle
- Gregans Castle Hotel Ballyvaughan, Ireland - The Burren