“Sligo”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$34.33*
and up
Cliffs of Moher and Burren Day Trip Including Dunguaire Castle, Aillwee Cave...
More attraction details
Owner description: A striking collection of prehistoric underground caves.
Sligo, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sligo”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

A definite must,a great experience from start to finish. Excellent tour and really enjoyed the birds. Cannot speak highly enough of the farmshop and the young lady there Natasha/Natalie (sorry not sure) our girls couldn't visit enough,she spoke so enthusiastically about every aspect of the place and was so helpful,in fact she may have persuaded us to return for a Santa visit. My girls and I look forward to meeting her and the rest of the staff then

3 Thank Haleynfamily

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Go if You are in the Area”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

While staying in County Clare we drove to see the burren area and the Aillwee Cave. It cost 21E for both of us, but I might have received a student rate. FYI, I found out in Ireland most attractions have a senior rate and even cheaper student rate. Although I am in my late 50s, I have a student ID, since I take photography classes at my local community college. I probably saved 30E or more in admissions by asking if they had a student rate for old guys. I was required to show my student ID, but everyone gave me the student rate.
When we arrived at the cave gift shop we were told the next tour was going to be in 20 minutes. When the tour started it was only my wife and I and the tour guide. The tour lasted roughly a half hour. Although it was interesting and informative on how recently the cave was discovered, I would not go a long way out of my way to visit. If you are in the area, it might be worthwhile. We did not do the combo ticket which includes a demonstration of raptor birds. Photos including flash are allowed in the cave.

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Why wouldn't you visit?”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

A question asked by my 11 year old after visiting here. A true natural wonder that everyone should visit if you are near. A great experience, the guide was informative and it was interesting for all ages. Buy the ticket that includes the birds of prey show as these are a joy to watch.

Tubbercurry, Ireland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable Visit”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My husband, 10, 8 and 5 year old children along with myself went to visit the Aillwee caves during the Halloween break. Lisa our tour guide was extremely informative and patient. It has a very interesting history and is a great tour. The weather wasn't good so we skipped the bird experience but would love to do that on a return visit. Reasonably priced.Also the cheese and jams in the craft shops are delicious!

1 Thank Oonagh M
Ireland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A favourite”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Have brought a lot of people here over the years, it is a great place and the Guinness cake is the cafe is great!