“Save your money”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$27.71*
and up
Cliffs of Moher and Burren Day Trip Including Dunguaire Castle, Aillwee Cave...
More attraction details
Owner description: A striking collection of prehistoric underground caves.
Dublin, Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Save your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I am only reviewing the cave as I did not visit the birds of a prey portion of this attraction. I think there is a reason why you pay your entrance fee as you drive in. It is because I think disappointed customers coming out of the cave at the same place you would line up to pay is bad for business. If you have never been to a cave and have never seen a stalactite you might find this attraction interesting, but I was very disappointed, especially after paying 12 euro per person to get in. You are taken on a walking tour with a guide who explains the cave and it's geological formations, but there just isn't much to see - a couple of straw stalactites and at most 3 larger formations and one water fall. The walk back to the exit on your own almost takes as long as the tour itself. This is a 3 euro attraction at most.

3 Thank WHERESWAUGH

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Was very interesting,can be very tricky if taking kids as it can be quiet dark and wet in caves tour last about half hour,which is guided,I would say how and ever that it is very over priced at 12 er per adult it's not cheap,all in all I enjoyed it,and very very cool place to see

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Much enjoyed family trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I visited the Aillwee Caves with my 2 young daughters, my brother and my elderly mother. I one negative that I will point out from our trip was the admission fee. It was not clearly explained that you needed to pay extra for the bird show, the time these shows run at and that you can still visit the birds minus the show without paying extra.

When we arrived, my 2 daughters both needed the loos. I don't need to tell any parent how important clean and easily accessible toilets are with young children. They were both.

Then it was off to the café for some lunch. The selection of food is good and the quality and service are both excellent. The food was at a good price and you did not feel like you were being gripped off at another tourist trap. The staff were very helpful and friendly and dealt very well with a little madam (i.e. my 3 year old who is going on 13!!!).

After lunch, we had time for a look around the gift shop and purchased t-shirts for my daughters who have a love affair with all things sheep at the moment. 2 for €10.00 - can't go wrong at that price.

Next came the visit of the cave. I can only say that it did not disappoint. I have being her before but the brother and 2 daughters had not. This is the second cave visit for my girls and they enjoyed every last second of it, especially the bear bits and the waterfall. The guide was extremely patient and very informative. I will definitely visit again.

After the cave tour, we took the free transport down to the wild birds of prey and the farmers shop. The birds of prey are worth a look at. There is a large variety if birds from owls, eagles, hawk, vultures and the biggest black raven I have ever seen. My girls were suitably impressed and have told the rest of my family all about the big black crow.

Finally, the farmers shop. It is a quaint as ever but still sell the best fudge around. It is reasonably priced and not to expensive.

Over all, I highly recommend a trip here. There is also archery and woodland crafts which we did not see on this trip but hopefully will on our next one.

2 Thank HSIMCA
Springfield, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“great guide - so-so attraction”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our guide was informative and funny. The actual cave is so-so as an exhibit. I would have preferred to spend the time above ground at The Burren, but my travel partner like the cave. Children (none traveling with us) in the tour group really enjoyed it, especially when the lights were turned off. If you only tour the cave, park in the upper most parking lot. It will save you a trolley ride up and down the hill, thus saving time.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank LAB2013
Wicklow
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great day out and well priced. This venue doesn't try and rip you off like some do . The facilities are very family friendly and the staff are very friendly

1 Thank Maurice421