“Al fresco Irish-style”

Burren Fine Wine and Food
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Ballyvaughan
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are open May 1st through Mid-September from 11am-5pm Daily. Our Dishes follow the rhythm of the season drawing on the best of what the Burren has to offer and enlivening them with sweet and savoury touches. Serving them with our delicious home made scones, breads, pickled vegetables and condiments. Enjoy our Beilini Plates (Irish Tapas), Smoked Fish, Chicken and Regional Cheeses, Stone Baked Pizzas, Seasonal Soups, Weekly Specials and a range of mouth-watering Homemade Desserts. Lunches are a delicious blend of local and regional produce, the culinary know-how of our Chef and Cathleen's baking and gardening skills.
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I love coming here. The converted coach-house is full of character and Kathleen is ever-attentive. Despite the vagaries of the Clare weather, we've been able to sit and enjoy our meal outside. Food is great and good value, and the desserts are to die for. Whether for a coffee and a nibble or a full meal, I would highly recommend BFW. My favourite is the pear and blue cheese salad...

1  Thank NoirinT

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Visited this restaurant recently. It is a real gem. Shared platters of smoked fish and and local cheeses with my wife. Delicious local food, presented beautifully. If you are looking for a real taste of Ireland, then look no further. This is a must visit restaurant.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We happened upon this adorable place on our drive back to Galway from The Cliffs of Moher and were so happy we did! We had coffee and a wonderful plate of smoked fish and cheese - perfect afternoon snack. The place couldn't be more adorable and inviting. A must stop!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I was in Ballyvaughan for a month, and I finally went to the Burren Wine and Food the last week of my trip. I wish I had gone every week. I had THE most delicious meal of a ratatouille with goat cheese and a beet salad and I cannot even tell you how amazing it was. I highly recommend making a stop here in your travels. EXCEEDS all pubs around. Home made goodness.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

As the previous reviewer said, this is a gem. I was wandering around the Ballyvaughn area while a friend took a nap. Stopped in for a lunch and a glass of wine.

The menu uses Irish local produce with a light, fresh touch. I had the smoked fish plate, and it was wonderful. They also have a wide variety of wines that you can get by the glass or bottle.

The only bad thing I can say is I only got to go once.