Alvitos Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It looks like a very small restaurant on the outside and it doesn't invite you in. But the restaurant inside is charming and the food was great! Three dinner course including wine in this restaurant is a really good deal!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Dined here for the second time tonight. Very disappointing for the price. Menu is vast yet limited to the typical Italian fare ( of which I am usually a big fan ). Bruschetta to start was nice and fulfilled my expectations but mains of pizza, which was very greasy and fillet steak,which was burnt left little to be desired. Wine at €8 a glass was average at best. Over all experience left a bitter taste.

1  Thank Siobhan D
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have eaten in Alvito;s before and have always left with the feeling that 'that was nice but it was expensive'. This time we took steps to protect ourselves: Barbara spotted a voucher on the internet and we decided to go for it. This turned out to be a great idea as the food, as I said, is very nice. Barbara had pizza for mains and I had a lovely dish of fillet steak, tiger prawns, chips and roasted peppers. I had started with really good chicken wings and Barbara had a different starter which she said was fine. I think I won on the food stakes.
The downside is twofold: The food without a voucher is expensive as I have said. Secondly the house wine is a whopping €28. House wine in suburban restaurants should be €18 at worst. Yuo want people leaving the restaurant saying that that was great, inexpensive and can't wait to go back. A few little changes Alvito and you are nearly there. Nearly everything is in place. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the tables appropriate and the decor is cool. Sort out the wine and shave a few euro off the dishes.

Pietro M, Manager at Alvitos Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Customer

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant.
I would like to point out that our House Wine is priced at €22.95, and not €28 as you stated in your review.

Kind Regards
The Alvito's Team

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We turned up with no reservation... staff where very attentive offering to take my coat ask to taste the wine before purchasing. The food was great... open kitchen so you can watch them chefs cook. Throughly enjoyed eating here. They jave a sister restaurant called da vinci which is a lotter bit mpre informal.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I like the colour scheme and the layout. It's bright and welcoming and there is always very ambient music playing. We went here with family before christmas and there were a few of us and we were well treated and everyone got their food at the same time, in good order and piping hot.
The staff were very friendly and didn't mind our noise and even took a few photos for us.
Everyone loved what they got and I've been here a few times and always enjoyed the various dishes I've ordered.