“Al Vitos - Mad Expensive Go to Maynooth!!”

Alvitos Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Leixlip
Price range: US$13 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kildare
“Al Vitos - Mad Expensive Go to Maynooth!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I have found living in Leixlip we take the easy option and eat local but the quality and price in Maynooth is miles better.

We went with 2 adults 3 children 3 /11 /13 and it cost 120 in total. When we got home we went through the bill and 2 glasses of wine and 2 glasses of beer cost 26 euro! Lesson learned on that one!

The service was okay but when we said we will have a look at deserts the manageress asked were we sure!

Because of the change of decor we presumed it would be different from the last time we were there and felt it was rather expensive.

Bottom line is its miles too expensive and we wont be returning- the fact they own the other local restaurant Da Vincis you would hope they used some common sense but its pretty much the same menu- now with steaks from 25 euro.

A Taxi to Maynooth next time!!!!!!!!

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Kildare, Ireland
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have eaten is this restaurant before and found it just OK, nothing special. Only because it was convenient to meet friends I purchased a voucher. Unfortunately the voucher only last a short period and a week after it expired I noticed the expiry date. I e-mailed the restaurant asking if they could validate this voucher for a further week and I would pay extra. I was told "NO". When I sent my polite email back they did not have the decently to reply.
Awful customer service.
Apart from the voucher I would have no interest in going to this restaurant again, I have been too much nicer Italian's.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Annie1702
“Great price, great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

It looks like a very small restaurant on the outside and it doesn't invite you in. But the restaurant inside is charming and the food was great! Three dinner course including wine in this restaurant is a really good deal!

Visited April 2014
Kildare
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Dined here for the second time tonight. Very disappointing for the price. Menu is vast yet limited to the typical Italian fare ( of which I am usually a big fan ). Bruschetta to start was nice and fulfilled my expectations but mains of pizza, which was very greasy and fillet steak,which was burnt left little to be desired. Wine at €8 a glass was average at best. Over all experience left a bitter taste.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Siobhan D
Dublin, Ireland
“A few changes to make it very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have eaten in Alvito;s before and have always left with the feeling that 'that was nice but it was expensive'. This time we took steps to protect ourselves: Barbara spotted a voucher on the internet and we decided to go for it. This turned out to be a great idea as the food, as I said, is very nice. Barbara had pizza for mains and I had a lovely dish of fillet steak, tiger prawns, chips and roasted peppers. I had started with really good chicken wings and Barbara had a different starter which she said was fine. I think I won on the food stakes.
The downside is twofold: The food without a voucher is expensive as I have said. Secondly the house wine is a whopping €28. House wine in suburban restaurants should be €18 at worst. Yuo want people leaving the restaurant saying that that was great, inexpensive and can't wait to go back. A few little changes Alvito and you are nearly there. Nearly everything is in place. The staff are very friendly and efficient, the tables appropriate and the decor is cool. Sort out the wine and shave a few euro off the dishes.

• Visited February 2014
Pietro M, Manager at Alvitos Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Dear Customer

Thank you for your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant.
I would like to point out that our House Wine is priced at €22.95, and not €28 as you stated in your review.

Kind Regards