“A mixed experience”

Leixlip House Hotel
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Leixlip
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A mixed experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

On arrival we were seated in a cosy bar with an interesting fireplace. There was a set menu with plenty of choice and our starter soon arrived. However our main course took ages to appear and everyone around us seemed to be getting served really quickly. The waiter apologised and admitted our order had been overlooked but rectified matters by offering us a free dessert. The food when it arrived was of a good quality and portions were generous. Wine on the expensive side. Overall a good experience.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank linda m

Kildare
“Disappointing Lunchtime experience”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I haven't been in the Leixlip house Hotel for sometime and so went one Wednesday with a friend. The menu used to be huge with a choice of light lunch or dinner and catering for everyone.

The first thing I noticed was the nice large suites in the bar were gone and replaced with more tables and chairs. In a way it felt like eating in a Community Centre style. Tables are very close together and so privacy is not great,

We needed a baby seat and we got one which needed a clean- when we mentioned this the waitress wiped it with a dry cloth and walked away-this did nothing to clean the greasy dirty table part!

The menu is now only a page long and very limited- I ordered Fish and chips. When it arrived I was surprised the amount of grease on the fish and chips. The fish was okay but the chunky chips were not cooked - I asked my friend to try them and they agreed.

We got a coffee and there was a nice home made cookie with it. But I left hungry and unhappy definitely I will not be lunching there again. I felt unwell later in the afternoon- what used to be an excellent experience is now just a disappointment.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Deadpet
Dublin
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Leixlip House is a nice place with a nice intimate feel. The food, which you can have in the lounge or the very homely foyer, is always good and nicely presented by very nice staff, who save the tables. With ample parking and proximity to Main St. it is ideally located. You always get the sense of occasion there. It would be our place of choice in Leixlip. We don't have shares there, we have no connection with the place and we've never met the owners, so this is a genuine objective opinion.

Visited February 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely spot for a family dinner out”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We recently travelled with my husband's extended family for a meal here for my Mother-in-law's 70th birthday. We had a lovely meal with the eldest to youngest (5) well catered for. A really lovely waitress, tasty freshly cooked food, lovely location. Thanks for a great evening.

• Visited January 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Myself and a few friends went for dinner here last night. They have a 'Ladies Night' Promotion which was great value. We had two courses and a glass of wine for €20.95. We sat in the bar beside the fire which was lovely, and very cosy on a winters night. I had the turkey and ham which was delicious and my friends had the salmon which must have been delicious as they both cleared their plates. The Eton Mess for dessert was fantastic . The young woman serving us was very friendly. I will definitely be returning here for another meal sometime.

• Visited December 2013