“Quaint, could use an update”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leixlip
Leixlip House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I was there for 4 nights in May, 2013 on business. The facilities are rather old and some modern amenities are lacking, but the staff was responsive to my requests and the breakfast was great. There is no elevator, and only a tiny TV in the room. The bathroom only has a shower but no bathtub, and the sink has separate hot and cold water faucets, which made it rather difficult to get water at a decent temperature for washing. My biggest issue was that there are no temperature controls in the room. and there was no heat at night even though it got rather chilly. One night I woke up really cold and had to call the front desk to have them turn it on, which they did. The free wifi access came in handy, but it was very slow.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank banerjee

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We spent 3 nights in the hotel on a business trip and we had a great time. The staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 205 which was large and comfortable - apart from a big bed there was enough space for a desk to do work and a couple of arm chairs plus coffee table. Breakfast was plentiful - I couldn't manage a full breakfast but I enjoyed scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and a bowl of fresh fruit salad.
There is a comfortable lounge which serves afternoon tea.
The hotel has a restaurant which was full every evening - a good sign. It is frequented by people from the town as well as residents of the hotel. They offered a two course meal plus wine for less than Euro 20.00 - there was a good choice, the portions were generous (no space for a dessert).
This is not a luxury hotel - it is clean, it is comfortable, the staff cannot do enough for you - it is the place you look forward to come back to after a day in the office.
It takes less than 15 minutes by taxi to get to the technology park - no stress re: traffic jams !
There is a bus stop close by (less than 10 mins walk) which offers a frequent bus service into Dublin (it takes about 50 mins). We would come back anytime.
Just one consideration: we had to climb stairs to get to our room - which was no problem for us, it may be difficult if you have problems walking.

Room Tip: Room 205 is great - enough space to do work, plus two arm chairs to relax.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2013

one of the best wedding receptions i was ever at
the staff were very friendly really nice very helpful the food was superb any amount you wanted
not one complaint from start to finish would really go back again especially for a wedding
small hotel but class shows

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We recently had our wedding reception at Leixlip House Hotel and the service we received was second to none. Stuart O'Connor, the food and beverage manager, gave an outstanding service, he was so easy to deal with on the run up to and on the day of our wedding, nothing was too much trouble, he was always on top of things, he said he would look after everything for us and was so true to his word, really putting us at ease. The hotel itself was lovely, the food there is always outstanding and the staff, polite, friendly and willing to help. The rooms were really nice and comfortable. We would have no hesitation in recommending Leixlip House, Stuart or the staff at Leixlip house to anyone, whether you are looking for somewhere to hold your wedding reception or just looking for great food and superb accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

i would like to thank thew managment and staff of the leixlip house hotel recently we had the tasting of our wedding menu,well what can i say my compliments to the chef,the food was fantastic,the service on the night was exellent to and the staff were very lovely and helpful,after having our menu tasting we are really looking forward to our big day thankyou so much stuart(our wedding co-ordinator)and his team you have just made our big day a whole lot easier and would recomend the hotel to anyone who wants to have a good night out for a meal or a

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent 2 nights here recently. I found the staff very helpful and pleasent, and the food was great.
I'll be back again, to try some of the other menu treats on offer that I didnt get to sample while there.
Looking forward to seeing Stuart and his team again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I would like to thank all the staff at the Leixlip house hotel for a lovely weekend that I had there at a friends wedding, my complements to the chef the food was fantastic. The staff are lovely and friendly and couldn't help me enough, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. I really enjoyed my stay in a lovely friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Loulou20101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross

Been to Leixlip House Hotel? Share your experiences!