“Wedding Day”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Dublin
“Wedding Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We got married in Leixlip House Hotel on 6 September last (I know, I'm a tad tardy with the review, brides prerogative!!).

Have to say a huge thank you to Stuart, Anthony, Katie and all the team who made our day just fabulous. Every one of our guests have come back to us with nothing but praise for our choice of venue, the food, the staff, everything!

We had a civil ceremony in the Bradaun room, which is such a lovely room, then drinks on the balcony outside, in a bit of precious Irish sunshine! The party then moved into the main function room which had been decorated beautifully by the team and it was just perfect for our sized wedding of 80.

The DJ provided by the hotel was brilliant, there were guys on the dance floor all night, who would have expected that!!

We had taken all the rooms in the hotel and I have to say it was so nice to have the place to ourselves it made our day so much more intimate that the only people there were us and our guests and we have absolutely no hesitation in recommending The Leixlip House Hotel

We had an amazing day and wish much luck to all the other Brides & Grooms out there whose day will be made so special by the team in The Leixlip House Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I had the privilege of staying at the Leixlip House Hotel on 17/09/13. Whilst on a buisness trip this hotel was provided by my company.I checked it out on Tripadvisor and was pleasantly surprised on arrival. This hotel has lots of caricature,it is defiantly not your modern day hotel.It has al the hallmarks of an English village hotel, original handmade furniture in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel. In the bedroom (203) we had 2 comfortable beds, a small TV which had a wide range of channels,
ample period furniture.The bathroom was ok, no bath, however the shower had a very good Mira shower unit.Breakfast was excellent,I can still taste the black and white pudding,although the tea and coffee were not the warmest and the maid didn't know the difference between brown sauce and BBQ sauce.All in all I would recommend this hotel for a short stopover,maybe not for longer stay as there is not much craic about it, but then I stayed midweek.

Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

My friend had her wedding here it was one of best weddings I've ever been at lovely atmosphere staff was very helpful and friendly go out of their way to fully accommodate their customers (especially Anthony) food was amazing, room was lovely great experience overall.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Michellemybel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here on the 21st of August for 2 nights with my family. The staff were so friendly and helpfull in recommending places to visit while I was there. We had breakfast and dinner the food was lovely they even catered for my daughters food needs, compliments to the chef. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Thanks leixlip House for a great stay

• Stayed August 2013
clare
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

My Family stayed here for two nights to attend an event in Dublin, monday 19th and tueseay 20th August.. On check in we were left waiting for 15 - 20 minutes while the receptionist was showing a couple the wedding facilities which i didnt have a problem with. We were told our room was out the back of the hotel and given directions to go back out the frount door through the car park and to the back of the hotel passing Wheelie bins, portacabins and lots of dead flower pots on the way. The room which i assume was used as staff accommodation at one time because that is all it was fit for was old and shabby with dirty carpet, tiny television, bath room was just a shower with a shower curtain that didnt meet the floor so u couldnt possible ensure was inside the shower when showering as directed by the sign! Hairdryer was broken and a laminated sign said to contact reception to get one. The heat was never turned off in the room day or night so was unbearably hot if u didnt leave windows open all night. Having been kept awake most of the night by a generator which sounded like a mother ship was landing and an early rise by the Bins banging being emptied at 8 30 am we went into hotel for breakfast and i said to receptionist that the room was just terrible which she ignored. Breakfast was equally as bad as the room ......eggs benidect was covered in a thick cheese sause NOT hollandaise as the menu describe and was unedible. Sausages were reheated and you could have floated a ship on the coffee. Upon check out the receptionist said that she had been looking for me to change rooms the day before....funny that because i did leave my mobile number when making reservation and i didnt recieve any calls from her to say this. I will not be staying here again and i advise others to avoid.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank marion127pink
Greystones, Wicklow, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The Hotel is in dire need of a makeover. Stained carpets, peeling wall paper , dirty showers, broken hair dryers and broken lampshades . This was all in our room!! I dont think the hotel has been redecorated for a long long time and it shows. Tiny double bed and a very small Tv that sat on a luggage rack so when you were in bed you could not see the tv as it was so low.

The breakfast was average but no menus so you told the waitress what you wanted.
I would not stay again and got out first thing in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Hardy1969
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

We got married on the 14th of June in the Leixlip house hotel. From start to finish it was a stress free experience with the staff of the hotel. We liaised with Stuart, Katy and Emma in finalising the details and they were most professional and paid great attention to the details that make the day run smoothly. It rained on the day(typical as it hasn´t rained since) and the staff arranged for us to have the photos taken inside. They turned out great. The venue was intimate and the accomodation was super. The food was excellent at both the tasting and the meal. Wouldn´t hesitate in recommending the venue to friends or family.
Thanks guys,
Tom and Helen

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Courtyard
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Leixlip House Hotel? Share your experiences!