“Little Gem”

Leixlip House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Reviewed 31 January 2010

Have to say that i was very nicely surprised, this place looks lovely from outside and when you are walking in looks a little bit small but it's actually quiet big. Receptionist was lovely overall staff was very good. Violet on the phone was just brilliant.

Rooms are cozy as actually the hole hotel. You have coffee/tea facility, very comfortable bed, a little bit small TV but i didn't really care about that. In bathroom there was shower not sure if there are rooms with bath.

Corridors might need a little bit of updating, but i'll not complaint about that.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Leixlip House Hotel

Reviewed 12 September 2009

Spent two nights in this lovely hotel last week with my partner and couldn't have enjoyed it more! we were given a complimentary upgrade on arrival which was great and the bedroom was spacious and had a really traditional style (four poster bed) and had a large desk/work area which was convenient also. We had dinner on one night in their restaurant, and lunch in the lobby are the next day. Both areas had great food and the staff were really friendly and helpful. Overall really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone visiting the area for work (like myself) or for pleasure (my wife!)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2009

welcoming atmosphere, Loved the room, dinner and breakfast superb. Lovely staff very helpful and pleasant. Will return again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed in Leixlip House Hotel at the end of April for my sister's wedding. Most of the guests were staying overnight in the hotel. The wedding was wonderful and the staff were very nice. The hotel doesn't have any grounds to speak of, but if you need to take photos you can make the short walk to a sister hotel close by. The food at the reception was tasty and beautifully presented.
HOWEVER! The bedrooms are small (our would just take a small double bed), badly furnished, shabby and in need of refurbishment. Our room had a badly stained carpet (dont want to think about what the stains were), the curtains were in danger of falling down, the wardrobe door kept swinging open and the television was balanced on the luggage rack! There was no lock on the bathroom door and nowhere in the shower cubicle to leave soap or shampoo. For this "elegance" we were charged €150 for the night. This in a time of recession and when our party was filling the hotel for them on a night when it probably would not have been full. Other guests also felt the rooms left a lot to be desired. Breakfast next morning was terrible. I asked for scrambled eggs and instead of the soft creamy eggs that I would make for myself I got a mound of eggy bits mixed with chopped onions and herbs! For breakfast!! I should have complained but I didn't because my sister would have been upset. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank AustinL
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I walked in to the Leixlip House, very tired, looking for a room. I found not only a room, but a wonderful "secret" outside of Dublin. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was on par with many manor houses and castles that I've stayed in recently. The amenities (robe, slippers, free internet, etc.) were classic. White duvets, heavy curtains, roomy bathroom, etc. I went down for a quick bite, and had a wonderful dinner, again, great service, and ended the evening with an irish coffee, as good as any I've had. I will stay here again and give high recommendations for this small hotel. Convenient to Dublin City, and the airport.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for only one night while I was in the area on a business trip. The room I had was absolutely fabulous! It was filled with individual pieces of furniture and antiques which complimented the huge windows and high ceiling perfectly. It was so far removed from the normal sterile multi national hotel chains which I often find myself. The bathroom had a reasonably good selection of toiletries and there was plenty of hot water. The TV also had a very large selection of channels.

I had dinner in the hotel which was above average and decided to have breakfast in my room the next morning which was delivered promptly with the morning newspaper and a flower in a vase on the tray which I felt was a nice touch. The breakfast like the dinner the night before was also well presented and well cooked.

The staff were friendly and efficient.

To sum up “A charming, eclectic, individual hotel which I would certainly stay in again and would highly recommend”.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ChristianSchmelter, General Manager at Leixlip House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2008

Dear TravelledLondon,
Thank you for your very kind words. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest regards,
Christian Schmelter

Reviewed 30 July 2008

we had our wedding reception on the 26th july 2008. It was amazing The food was great the staff were so nice to our guests and everything was done to perfection. I would recommend this hotel for a wedding reception to anybody. A hotel with such comfort and a wonderful atmosphere to it. Many Thanks to all the staff.

Mr & Mrs Ryan

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank DublinBeautiful
Christian072, General Manager at Leixlip House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2008

Dear Mr & Mrs Ryan,
Thank you for your review and kind words. We were delighted to be able to host your wedding reception and be part of your special day. I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,
Christian Schmelter

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Leixlip House Hotel? Share your experiences!