We stayed for two nights at end February, whilst attending a wedding at another venue. The hotel was very pleasant with friendly and helpful staff at reception, restaurant and bar. Our room was reasonably spacious with a comfortable large double bed, usual fittings and nice bathroom suite. Room was a bit too warm on arrival but we just turned down the radiator valve, which solved the problem. My wife had the full Irish breakfast, which she enjoyed, whilst I had the continental buffet - juices, cereals, jams, toast etc - which was quite adequate for me. we had dinner one night (included in our package) in the restaurant. Although this was not the full a la carte menu displayed on the website, a wide menu was offered and the food quality and service was excellent. We brought our own drinks to the table from the bar,but a nice touch was that a jug of water was automatically provided free of charge as part of the meal. Two courses plus coffee/tea were included in our dinner package, with a third course available for an extra Euro5.5 per person. Excellent value.
We had a quiet room on the second floor at the back of the hotel, staying Thursday and Friday night, which was mostly fine. We attended a wedding on Friday away from the hotel and returned to the hotel just after midnight. A birthday party celebration was still underway which we could hear slightly from our room, but it was not much of a problem and seemed to finish shortly afterwards. The hotel itself appears to be a popular wedding venue so I suspect a midweek stay is likely to be queiter than a weekend stay.
All in all, we had a very pleasant stay. We would recommend the two night B&b plus dinner on one night package as very good value at Euro160 total for two people. We used Suntransfers for transfers from and back to Dublin airport - excellent service and very price competitive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Springfield Hotel we aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It starts as soon as you step inside the hotel and experience the facilities, from the welcoming bar atmosphere to the relaxed quality of our restaurant. All our 52 central heated bedrooms are en-suite, are tastefully decorated and furnished to a high standard and designed to make your stay with us a comfortable as possible. Choose from a suite of rooms including Standard Guestrooms, Executive Guestrooms and Family Rooms for the perfect accommodation in Kildare. The following facilities are standard: Colour satellite/cable TV, Hair dryer, Tea/coffee courtesy tray, Direct dial telephone, Voice mail, Modem points, Personal safe, FREE broadband and wireless internet connections. We also have 10 executive mini suites decorated with a touch of elegance incorporating the same facilities as our bedrooms, extras include mini fridge and trouser press all designed to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Some of our bedrooms are designed for people with special needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Springfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leixlip Hotel Springfield
- Springfield Hotel Leixlip, Ireland - County Kildare