“Fantastic place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Kildare, Ireland
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was at a function here 2 weeks ago and even though I am from the county of Kildare it was the first time I was in the Springfield hotel and it will definitely be the first of many. Everything was top class. Our dinner in a private dining room was fantastic, the staff were so friendly and nothing was a problem. I stayed overnight as it was very reasonable and nearly the same price as a taxi home. The room we were given was bright and spacious, finally breakfast the next morning what can I say it was one of the best frys I have had in a while. Thank you to all at the Springfield I truly believe I have found a hidden gem and am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Earlscourt-11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Huddersfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had to stay at this hotel through no choice of our own. The room was comfortable and could not find fault but an easy chair could be added to the poom for more comfort.
Bar area was not very comfortable at all. The room was freezing and had to wait for service--food was very good and we returned to eat later in week after moving on to our original hotel.
Breakfast was just average and slow service.
Staff on the whole very helpful but some services could benefit from more training.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LenihanHuddersfield
Pardaig_Kennedy, General Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi Lenihan Huddersfield.
Thank you for kind comments and have passesd them on to our head chef.
I would like to start by offering our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused to you during your last stay. I can clearly see how disappointed you must have been. I would like to reassure you that this issue is not the norm for this hotel. I was made aware of this situation by my team and I have advised my housekeeping department about your comments, and since then have taken preventive measures to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. Should you be travelling to Leilxip in the near future, please contact me directly and I would be pleased to assist you personally with any of your requirements.
I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding small errors that keep surfacing in our delivery of service.

Once again, please accept our profound apologies.
Padraig Kennedy
Dublin,Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The hotel really could do with a bit of an update. I have had to stay here on a few occasions and most of the time the staff are very friendly and accomadating. I think its strongest selling point is the food in the bar and restaurant both are very good. The breakfast service can be slow at times and you can end up with the wrong order. The last time I was there the radiators were off, tv unplugged it was as if no one had been in the room for a while, there was also a terrible wind blowing through the gaps around the window.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sunflowers123
Pardaig_Kennedy, Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Sunflowers 123
I would like to thank you for taking the time in writing your review.
It is good to get feed back from all our guests it helps us identify areas where we can enhance our guests experience.Thank you for your kind comments and i pass them on to all the management and staff, In your case regarding your stay this did not happen which i apologise.
We pride ourselves in customer service and Food. This is rare situation which i have dealt with and we all have learned from this experience.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you both back and hope we can redeem ourselves.
Padraig Kennedy
surrey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a family wedding at another venue. The hotel itself is ok, staff could be friendlier but their biggest down fall is breakfast, it was a mess! I work in hotels and know not to go for breakfast at that peak time because it can be chaos so I thought that 8am on a Saturday morning would be ok but it wasn't. Staff we're obviously aware of the quiet period and decided not to take care of any guests. Buffet was very bare, bowls were dirty, a lady was actually on her mobile phone whilst standing on the host desk and looked annoyed when a couple of family members were entering the restaurant trying to give their room number. We were at breakfast for an hour and not by choice! 20 mins for tea and toast, only then was our order taken then another 30 mins for our food to arrive! For a table of 2 that's unacceptable! I was going to give this 2 stars but the lady that checked us out was really amazing! I'm afraid I don't remember her name though but she was a brunette, if that helps?
We won't be back.

Stayed November 2013
4 Thank scouse1986
Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Myself and my Husband had our 10th anniversary/wedding renewal here at the springfield hotel on 14th march 2014,we had a ceremony in their restaurant in which they moved everything around and rolled out the red carpet, they added lots of extras like an arch way and stunning flowers on the tables.we along with our guests were blown away by the perfection of the room when we walked trough the doors.,they honestly made our day the most perfect day ever .it was even better than our original wedding 10years earlier,
they went above and beyond for us and i could not believe the value for money, the staff were amazing and Gerard and Tomas looked after us all so well and interacted with all of our guests making everyone feel very welcome and comfortable., their bedrooms were stunning and our guests were very happy and some of them are going to book their own wedding there too, For anyone on a budget or wanting to splash out this hotel is perfect for any budget and you will not feel more welcome anywhere else i can promise you that,it is also kid friendly and the kids had a brill time. i want to say a thank you from the bottom of our hearts to the staff and managment at the hotel, you all truly gave us a day we will never forget, i look forward to booking many more events with you guys , thanks a million,
Paula and Keith stephens.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula S
Pardaig_Kennedy, General Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I will pass then on to alll the Management & Staff,
We here at the Springfield Hotel are delighted that you and your family and friends had a memorable day and that we treat every wedding as part of our family.
We look forward to seeing you both soon.
Padraig
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Cracked tiles in the ensuite which were also full of dirt,mouldy bedroom ceiling, broken kettle in bedroom, dirty dining room floor sunday morning at 10 o'clock, wrong breakfast order after 25 minute wait, no decaff tea, no gluten free bread, dirty side plates and dirty cutlery on more than one table. Waiting staff were extremely unhelpful and disrespectful.Hotel excuse was very busy Saturday afternoon trade.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank paddy m
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I held a charity 80s night in the Springfield on Saturday night and couldn’t praise the venue and staff more highly. The hotel holds a lot of great memories for us and the location just of the M4 makes it so easy to get too. I also got great feedback from guests with many of them staying over in the hotel and they said the rooms where perfect and they all had a great breakfast, which they would have needed. I’ve booked it again for next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tina L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Courtyard
Lucan Spa Hotel
#2 of 2 in Lucan
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Springfield Hotel? Share your experiences!