“1st Anniversary” 5 of 5 bubbles

Springfield Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
“1st Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We were married in the Springfield last year and have since spent valentines weekend and our first anniversary there. This is a family hotel with the truly personal touch. The staff and management always seem to remember us and received us with a warm welcome. The hotel is comfortable, clean and attractive with very good quality food considering the affordable prices. Overall good value and pleasant hotel, full of character and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank S W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Springfield Hotel was the perfect location for our civil ceremony and wedding reception. They went above and beyond to make our day perfect. From the moment we went to see the venue we knew it was perfect and not just because of the magnificent hotel but because of the people and how they did everything they could for us. Communication with them was effortless. They looked after every detail. On the day they made sure everything ran smoothly which it did. We are thrilled to have had the pleasure to celebrate our marriage with The Springfield Hotel and would highly recommend them to anybody who would listen. Thank you so much for making our day so special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank theresebarton
Pardaig_Kennedy, General Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Therese
I will pass then on to alll the Management & Staff,and to all of our suppliers.
We here at the Springfield Hotel are delighted that you and your family and friends had a memorable day and that we treat every wedding as part of our family.
We look forward to seeing you both soon.
Kind Regards
Padraig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I had a party here in one of the rooms.the staff were great, friendly, decorated the room for me with my decorations as I had no time to do it myself and they couldn't of done a better job it was fantastic.The staff went out of their way to please everyone and make sure everything was right. The food was fantastic never had a better meal in any hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is having a party of any kind big or small this is the place to have it. Il definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank amy201425
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We booked our wedding here in march 2013 , could not have picked a better spot. Staff were fantastic and when things got busy both manager and owner chipped in , brilliant and friendly. Only celebrated our first anniversary and went back and will return again for our 2nd . Money well spent . highly recommended ,No regrets

Room Tip: any room all quality
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Will C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

While stating at this hotel, my room was broken into and my stuff as well as a rental car stolen. The hotel staff saw it all on video, yet will not compensate for this theft.

The staff was very friendly. The service was good. They do have a decent restaurant with decent food. The prices were a little high.

The room was a bit dated.

Very disappointing

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Shawreid
Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was at a function here 2 weeks ago and even though I am from the county of Kildare it was the first time I was in the Springfield hotel and it will definitely be the first of many. Everything was top class. Our dinner in a private dining room was fantastic, the staff were so friendly and nothing was a problem. I stayed overnight as it was very reasonable and nearly the same price as a taxi home. The room we were given was bright and spacious, finally breakfast the next morning what can I say it was one of the best frys I have had in a while. Thank you to all at the Springfield I truly believe I have found a hidden gem and am looking forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Earlscourt-11
Huddersfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had to stay at this hotel through no choice of our own. The room was comfortable and could not find fault but an easy chair could be added to the poom for more comfort.
Bar area was not very comfortable at all. The room was freezing and had to wait for service--food was very good and we returned to eat later in week after moving on to our original hotel.
Breakfast was just average and slow service.
Staff on the whole very helpful but some services could benefit from more training.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LenihanHuddersfield
Pardaig_Kennedy, General Manager at Springfield Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi Lenihan Huddersfield.
Thank you for kind comments and have passesd them on to our head chef.
I would like to start by offering our sincere apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused to you during your last stay. I can clearly see how disappointed you must have been. I would like to reassure you that this issue is not the norm for this hotel. I was made aware of this situation by my team and I have advised my housekeeping department about your comments, and since then have taken preventive measures to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. Should you be travelling to Leilxip in the near future, please contact me directly and I would be pleased to assist you personally with any of your requirements.
I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding small errors that keep surfacing in our delivery of service.

Once again, please accept our profound apologies.
Kind Regards
Padraig Kennedy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Courtyard
Leixlip House Hotel
Leixlip House Hotel
#3 of 4 in Leixlip
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Springfield Hotel? Share your experiences!