“Orla - Kildare”

Springfield Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
“Orla - Kildare”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I had a surprise 80th birthday for my mam in the restaurant in the Springfield. The staff were so helpful and efficient. The meal was served without any delay and the food was delicious. A great night was had by all and this was largely due to the expertise and friendliness of all the staff in the restaurant. A big thanks to Ger and his team

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Orla C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Bursa, Turkey
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was my second time in Leixlip and I was really glad to stay at this hotel this time.
Hotel has an Irisih pub.
Town center is at a walking distance.
Very spacy rooms.
Very friendly staff.
Lovely breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the ground level, you will avoid stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ersinyx
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family in your hotel on a Monday and Tuesday night and am very angry with how rude a staff member was to me. After checking in and paying I went to ask at reception about a microwave and sterilising bottles for a 6 month old baby. The lady on reception was quite pleasant said she didn't know how it would work due to your industrial microwaves but the man on reception was quite rude and unpleasant to me when I queried if it be possible or what did other families with babies do he shrugged his shoulders as if to say go away who cares and said nobody ever had to do this before even when I said maybe it wasn't suitable place to stay he basically said you can go didn't care that I was a customer who had concerns about the welfare of my baby. I was very upset actually nearly in tears and had to go and organise a friend from maynooth to sterilise the bottles. Not at anytime afterwards did he even approach me to say what we could do. This man didn't care about us fair enough but at least be helpful and friendly not rude and ignorant to the customer. This man was unpleasant on checking out also. I will not be recommending or staying with you in the future although I have to emphasise that your barstaff were brilliant and enjoyed entertaining the kids during meals. I was very disappointed with my stay but hope you could possible have some form of facility for people to sterilise baby bottles especially if you have family rooms which will encourage families to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed in Dublin for the week end and our daughter was not feeling at all well. Gerard Hannigan, the hotel's the director, went out of his way to be helpful: he called the doctor's surgery to secure an appointment and drove my husband to the surgery ahead of the appointment so that we would not get lost. The staff in reception were very equally welcoming. We stayed for one night in a family room. The room was clean and had a large fridge, a microwave, a TV, tea facilities and two comfortable sofas. Great value for money. Thank you for everything.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank natevans47400
Athy, Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I didnt spend that much time in the hotel but what time I did spend I really enjoyed. Everything was so clean and presented well. Staff and food were exceptional while the facilities were comforting, as a hotel should be. I would definitely go back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Monkeyboytango
Leixlip, Ireland
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our Wedding Day,

I just want to say how wonderful our wedding day was in the Springfield Hotel. From the moment we picked this venue for our wedding, Padraig was brilliant, answered any questions we had. Their suppliers were amazing, from Fiona who did our wedding flowers, to Bernie who made our fabulous wedding cake. Terry from Gold Cars, who is a real gent and our photographer Paul Andrews. They were all included in the package we booked and were all amazing.
Everyone was so relaxed on the day, commenting on how helpful the staff was. The food was out of this world and seconds on the main course was even offered around, guests loved this. The garden at the side of the hotel was brilliant as we’d a good few children at our wedding and we felt it was safe for them as the gate to the car park was closed all the time. We loved that the doors from the wedding room opened out into the garden. The room was so beautiful. We cant wait to see our photos and Dvd to relive every moment.
I would recommend the Springfield for anyone thinking of getting married, wedding planning can be stressful but we didn’t have this as the Springfield was so helpful. Guests commented on how relaxed we were throughout the day it’s totally down to Padraig and the staff at the Springfield.
We are looking forward to our 1 year anniversary dinner.

Thanks again for making our day so special.

Sean, Claudia & Family

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

7 Thank claudia c
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently held my birthday party here and combined it with a family reunion. The location was excellent for everyone travelling from the airport, from the West and South East, not to mention locals! There was NOTHING too much trouble, and any questions or requirements I had,( and I had loads!!!), were all dealt with calmly,efficiently and in a very friendly manner by all the staff. A HUGE thanks to Padraig for all his professional help and advice in the lead up to and all during the evening. Thanks to you Padraig for making my night run in such a smooth manner. Big thanks also to the lovely and friendly Audrey, Linda and John - it was a pleasure to deal with you all. And I cannot thank the wonderful DJ, Eric enough for everything he did in the lead up to my night and his professionalism throughout. A wonderful, personable, funny guy who certainly MADE the night. The function room looked absolutely amazing on the night, a lot of my guests spoke of how beautiful the room was. The staff were all lovely and friendly and again my guests were very complimentary about the way they were welcomed and looked after. Finally, the food, on the night was absolutely beautiful and having sampled the menu in the lounge we will definitely be returning as soon as can to sample more!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank KelaMcL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Springfield Hotel? Share your experiences!