“Flawless Service”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Leixlip
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Flawless Service”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Spent a weekend at the courtyard and have to say it was one of the most enjoyable stays i have ever experienced. It was a surprise break as it was a birthday present from my partner. On arrival we were greeted by an extremely friendly and professional reception team. Owen was dealing with us throughout the weekend and was very helpful with any questions we had regarding our stay and local facilities. Restaurant was top class and very reasonably priced. The bar food was also very good value and of extremely high quality. We were lucky enough to have reserved a suite which was equipped with its own balcony overlooking the hotel grounds and have to say is well worth the extra money. Room was clean, well equipped and very quiet. The bar that is attached to the hotel was very busy considering it was world cup season and had a fabulous atmosphere. Had a great beer garden area to enjoy the sun. If i was to have one complaint it would be in regards to the car park. There is not enough spaces to accommodate the hotel guests as well as visitors. However there is a public car park next door which was very reasonable. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
RRamjan, General Manager at The Court Yard Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Nick E

We are delighted that your stay at the Court Yard and Leixlip met your expectations and thank you for your kind comments and for recognizing our great Team. I have shared your comments with them and pass on your kind words to Owen. Personally, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thanks for sharing your recent experiences in Leixlip with us and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the food service outlets and the courtyard, it certainly has something for everyone.

I hope you are already planning your return visit and we would be delighted to welcome you when you do so.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Kilkeel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Have stayed here for two nights this week and it has been a disappointing experience. There are good points in that the hotel is in a good location and is quiet. The bed was very comfortable. We had an evening meal which was quite acceptable but the breakfast was the worst I have ever had in a hotel. The continental choices were dried up and not appealing. The yogurts were not chilled but rather warm. We ordered pancakes and these were so undercooked they were inedible.
The bathroom was badly in need of refurbishment with evidence of black algae round bath. The safe in the bedroom did not work and despite drawing attention of this to staff it was not fixed.
We will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happytravellers01
happytravellers01

I am the General Manager at the Court Yard Hotel and I am writing in regards to your recent stay and subsequent comments.

The purpose of my e-mail is to offer, on behalf of the entire team at the Court Yard, our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had during your stay at our Hotel. We are disappointed with ourselves for the lapse in what is usually a very high standard of service and quality.

The experience that you had was so far below the norm that I would like to contact you personally to go through these issues . This will not only allow me to further apologies but it will present us with an opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to deliver a positive and memorable experience. Please let me know if you are open to me contacting you directly.

I have addressed the matter with our operational departments and with the service team and we will aim to learn from your comments and ultimately improve our quality.

I certainly appreciate your feedback regarding small errors that keep surfacing in our delivery of service. I would like to assure you that this will be a key focus of mine and the team here to change.

Once again, please accept our profound apologies.

ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we arrived at the courtyard hotel following a 10 minute walk downhill from the train station.my first impression was not positive as i thought the frontage looked like a pub. we turned into the courtyard entrance and what a surprise....the large yard was buzzing with people enjoying a drink while watching the football on the giant open air screen. we then proceeded to reception where we received a warm welcome .the bedroom was spacious and spotlessly clean with good quality linen and very comfortable beds.there was an iron and ironing board with a trouser press. the wardrobe housed a safe and there was a good supply of toiletries in the bathroom.
we ate at the riverview restaurant where the food was first class and the service impeccable.
the following day,after a great breakfast,we caught the bus to dublin..,bus stop just facing the hotel.
TIP! the bus driver only accepts coins and correct fare only.we had to exit the first bus and go to the bank to get coins.
on our second night we ate in arthurs bar..mostly pub grub but very good.
all in all a very pleasant and happy stay and i would definately recommend.

Room Tip: ask for a riverview room
1 Thank rosiemac
rosiemac

I am the General Manager at the Court Yard Hotel, Leixlip and I am writing in regards to your recent stay and your positive feedback. I am delighted that your first visit to Leixlip and the Court Yard met your expectations and thank you for the kind words which I will certainly pass on to my team.

I hope you are already planning your return visit and we would be delighted to welcome you when you do so and thank you for your kind recommendation.

UK
Reviewed 24 June 2014

For the price paid , which does not even include breakfast, the hotel is poor value. At 80 euros a night plus 10 euros for a mediocre breakfast, added to staff that seems uninterested and not very friendly, it is too much. The hotel is also a pub so beware inebriated and noisy clientele. Also, I could hear all the plumbing sounds from the rooms around me. No air conditioning apparent in room. No fridge either.bathroom had plenty of hair on the floor, disgusting. Note that it's 1 km from the train station and there were no taxis there, no one advised me of this when booking so I had to walk, which was fine but only because it wasn't raining. Add to this the convoluted internet connection with bizarre vouchers that are only valid 24 hours ( as opposed to duration of stay) and overall this hotel is an average proposition.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fmackUk
fmackUk,

Firstly i would like to thank you for taking your time to pass on your feedback as this is most valuable to me and my team here. On behalf of the entire team at the Court Yard Hotel, our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had during your stay at our Hotel. We are disappointed with ourselves for the lapse in what is usually a very high standard of service and quality.We will certainly take on board your feedback and comments and aim to make these changes.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. Hope on your return visit these minor changes will be noticeable to you, and we will aim deliver a more positive experience.

England
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard in February and had a great stay - lovely meal, atmosphere in the bar was brilliant and staff were so helpful. Unfortunately the room we had was very noisy and as I'm pregnant I found it difficult to sleep. The staff were so apologetic and we returned for a complimentary stay this weekend past. We were looked after so well, the hotel is exceptionally clean, well staffed and of a very high quality. Would definately return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river side of hotel quieter
3 Thank luckykatie
luckykatie

Thank you for allowing us to make your return visit a memorable experience again and thank you for the kind words in regards to hotel and our team here. I will pass on your kind words to my team here. We certainly look forward to seeing you and your extended family in the near future.

Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just wanted to say what a great hotel, second stay here and once again excellent. The staff, food, drinks of which there was plenty!! And the exceptional beer garden will be a welcome to any traveller. A special thanks to the owner Luke Moriarty who very kindly sent us down a drink, cheers. A special hotel and one I hope to return to soon.

1 Thank Bernie O
Bernie O

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to see we are your hotel of choice whilst in Leilxip and thank you for your continued patronage. Your feedback of the hotel including the rooms, bars, courtyard and of course the team here was gratefully received will certainly pass on your thanks to Mr Moriarty.
Thank you again for your lovely comments; we look forward to welcoming you back to the Court Yard Hotel.

wexford
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just back from a lovely two night stay here and enjoyed every minute. Had a lovely big room with double and single bed and sparkling clean bathroom. Included in our deal was a dinner in the resturant and it was perfect, service with a smile from Leigh-Ann in particular. happy and hard working and the food was fab. We loved the bar and could'nt believe that it was buzzing even on a Wednesday and Thursday night and the music in the bar was lovely and added to the athmosphere. The food in the bar is really lovely also and the portions are huge! We really enjoyed our stay here and would love to return again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ronnieWexford
ronnieWexford

for your kind comments and for recognizing our great Team. I have shared your comments with them and have passed on your kind words to Lee Ann. Personally, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
Springfield Hotel
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan

Been to The Court Yard Hotel? Share your experiences!