“Still as good as ever”

Ranked #1 of 5 Leixlip B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Still as good as ever”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here recently. Being local we use this restaurant quite a lot and have never been disappointed. The staff are very friendly & efficient and the the food is always great.

We brought 2 friends with us and they thought the same. You would need a reservation as it us a busy & popular restaurant. Look forward to our next visit!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
Southern Spain
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Excellent hotel, stayed in this hotel on recommendation; this praise was based on the professionalism of the Hotel Manager, Colin and his marvellous colleagues. Neither disappointed and lived up to their reputation.
We were given a second floor suite, bags of space, most comfortable bed and good sized en-suite bathroom.
We didn't get a chance of eating in the restaurant, although from chatting with another guest, that was our loss!
On any future visits we will definitely give this hotel's restaurant a try.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdenDragon
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel some time ago...I remember driving around and looking for it...In actual fact it was less than 2 mins from motorway behind old walls.

I would note say this place is good for county walks..There does not seem to be much around....Well, you will need to drive to get anywhere...However, hotel has spacious and nicely decorated rooms..Our one was with exposed brick work, long red velvet curtains, which I loved..It gave room extra warmth...We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs...Food was great and service was fantastic..It was a bit too bright for me in terms of lighting, I prefer dining in the intimate settings...with less light..but same restaurant was perfect for breakfast and then a terrace which would be great if sun was shining...Other little thing, there was no bar....there was just a couch that you could use...But other than that you could not really go into bar after dinner and relax..so we used the couch and then just brought drinks upstairs as the room had a couch and TV in front of it...Overall, very good memories of this hotel. If you need to be in the are it is a definitely place to be.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed here for my wife's birthday last weekend. The first time we had stayed here. We have eaten here many times in the past and have always enjoyed our meal. We checked in and were given the key to our room No 6. We then went to our room on top floor, the hotel is very tastefully decorated using neutral and earth tones. It is a pleasant experience going to the room and evokes thoughts of grandeur that the original owners would have experienced. We got to our room and were disappointed by it to be fair. It was possibly the smallest room that I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in my share of city center / budget hotels. The bed was a small double and there is very little room around it, for example if my wife was standing at the end of the bed to do make up I could not walk past her. The en suite is within 16" of the bed and the extractor fan did not work. The shower head was a bit leaky and attached to a noisy old electric shower. The ceiling in the room is very high and the room is much bigger when lying down!! For me the biggest disappointment about the room was the bed. We have a king size bed at home and usually when we go away for a night to celebrate we expect that the room would be better than our own... this was far from the case here unfortunately. Neither of us had a good nights sleep. I am 6'4" and weigh 92kg my feet were over the end of the bed and I nearly fell out twice during the night.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and were disappointing again by the lack of a hot breakfast. I did have smoked salmon and brown bread. Plenty of toast and fresh coffee. I still left feeling hard done by.

The staff in this hotel are really brilliant and are the saving grace. They are all very friendly and really do their best to ensure your stay is as good as they can make it.

I don't think I would stay here again or at least I would specify a different room. On booking you only get one choice of room but I saw into different rooms which were much larger. I think If you were to be stuck with this room No.6 you would also feel hard done by. I also specified that we were staying here for my wife's birthday on the booking which was made through the hotels own website.

Room Tip: Avoid number 6 for a start.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Derek K
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife have eaten in the restraunt of Becketts several times, the food is always amazing. As an extra treat for our anniversary we booked an overnight deal with dinner included.
On arrival we were booked in to a suite even though we thought our booking was a standard room.
The suite made our stay even more enjoyable. The food as always was stunning. The whole hotel is really tastefully decorated and the staff were very freindly.
We definitely will be back !

• Stayed September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I only discovered this hotel the other day. We had dinner here and the food was out of this world, great value also. I must say the dessert was probably the best ive ever eatin. The staff are very friendly and helpful also. Five ***** experience all round

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Only discovered this Hotel recently and its a jewel!

From entering the courtyard to park, to friendly staff greeting and meeting us; super rooms; helpful and friendly bar staff; lounge area and food all superb and if you are looking for good value and sincere friendlieness... this is definitely the place to go.

Stayed there in July and again August bankholiday and enjoyed both times.

Cannot recommend it enough.

Louise & Fin

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
Celbridge Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Celbridge
Finnstown Castle Hotel

Been to Becketts Hotel? Share your experiences!