“Best Asian food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amber Regent Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Asian food I've ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

I have to specify, this review is about food only, because I've ordered out from Amber Regent. Ladies were very nice and we didn't have to wait for food more than 10 min. Food was absolutely amazing, best fillet of beef I've ever had. All fresh and delicius. Will definitely order again and again, and again..:)

• Visited November 2011

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Family Friendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Just enjoyed a nice meal here, but when came to pay the bill we saw that they had charged €3.60 for two small glasses of blackcurrant for the kids, when I spoke to the manager she refused to back down and said they normally charge €2.50 for cordial!! I explained the kids didn't even drink it and that most places only charged a nominal amount or nothing at all, she wouldn't engage with me and was quite rude... I left with a sour taste in my mouth.. and went back to lift the tip I had left on the table, no way was I leaving any more money behind me. No wonder the place was empty when other places in the area were buzzing the activity, maybe they make more of an effort and not overcharge. I won't be going back there.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank liffeyvalley63
Dublin
“Great family restaurant with something for everybody”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

Think this restaurant has changed hands recently - now the Allendale. Was there last Sunday for dinner with friends; 8 of us in total. We didn't have a starter, just main courses which was just as well as the portions were huge. Had the prawn Ho Cho (I think) with rice noodles which was spicy and very tasty. We all shared as the dishes were put on heaters in the middle of the table. Shared a dessert - Tarta Fantastica which was yummy ice cream. Reasonable price for very tasty good quality food and good service, will definitely be back. :-)

1 Thank Jessie_cDublin
Dublin
“Good food - bad customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

This restaurant is now called the Alanadale Restaurant. Arrived one Wed evening at 6pm. Only people in the restaurant. Ordered quite a few dishes. My children adore the crispy aromatic duck and we ordered an extra portion of pancakes. When the bill arrived some two hours later after having a nice meal, wine desserts etc. we were horrified to note we had been charged an extra E3 for the extra pancakes. The place was still empty. I felt that as a gesture they might have included these in the bill.

3 Thank MabelDublin