“just ok”

The Lemon Tree
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$28 - US$46
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Lemon tree has recently moved MAY 2017 to a NEW location in Letterkenny at the Courtyard Shopping Centre to the rare of the building at the carpark. This is a Letterkenny owned family run restaurant opened in 1999. The three brothers in the kitchen have a unique style with a mixture of traditional Irish and French classic, influenced by country house cooking which was collected by their many years experience all over Irleand. All meats are Irish sourced and fresh fish is a special feature. Everthing is made freshly on site including all breads, pastries, pastas and desserts. The Wine list is ever growing and includes something for all tastes with over 90 different wines. The restaurant offers a Early bird menu 7 days available from 5 - 7 pm and a full A la carte menu from 5 - 10 PM. Lunch is available from 1 - 2:30 PM on Sunday.
Belfast
“just ok”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Don't know why this restaurant is so high up. My favorite is chilli shaker, expensive but yum. I went in here twice. First time was a sunday and I got the three course set menu. I got the caeser salad and all I tasted was cheese. Got a steak, was fine and got a dessert. I think the dessert was nice enough but I can't recall what I got and I usually can if I've enjoyed something.
I thought maybe it was a fluke so went in again and tried a main course of monkfish at around 25 euro and it was ok but it had no seasoning and monkfish needs something. It came with a sauce that wouldv'e suited steak but was too heavy for monkfish. So my view of this restaurant, good service nice surroundings, food looks great but just lacks that extra ooophmm so you really want to go back. I'd suggest going across the road to the yellow pepper instead. Espeicially if you're looking for a steak.

• Visited April 2014

Whitianga
“Quality restaurant in Letterkenny”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited this restaurant with a small group of 10. Small and unassuming. The service was very attentive with great menu choice. The muse bouche very tempting to the palate and a showcase of the excellent meal to come. if you are keen to enjoy great cuisine I would pre-book as this restaurant was very popular.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Travel Options United Travel
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Visted this restaurant on Monday evening with my boyfriend. From start to finish the meal was superb. Not one fault from the complementary soup to the delicious desert. If only this restaurant was nearer my home in Dublin. Could not recommend high enough!

3 Thank Aileen C
Lincolnshire
“An absolute gem”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

this is a small good quality French style restaurant. Staff are helpful and food was excellent. I had beef and it was Lovely. Not cheap but good

Visited June 2014
4 Thank sugaraunty
Ontario, New York
“Letterkenny choice for the night”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We arrived about 7pm after a hectic ride up from from Belfast. Tired and staved we checked in at the Gallagher's Hotel, 100 Main St. Letterkenny. We walked down Main St. to find a place to eat late on a Sunday night .What a surprise to find the Lemon Tree Restruant open and crowded with local dinners. This place is small but has a wonderful romantic and friendly atomsphere. I ordered the goat cheese biscuit for a starter and pan fried Monk fish. My wife had a great salad and baked salmon special.
The goat cheese was light and creamy and the Monk fish excellent. My wife commented the she had not had better salmon since arriving in the Hebrides.
Islands at beginning of the of our trip. We highly recommend this gem if you enjoy great local cooking. Great atomsosphere.

• Visited June 2014