“Great Wee Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Lemon Tree
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Lemon tree is a Letterkenny owned family run restaurant opened in 1999. The three brothers in the kitchen have a unique style with a mixture of traditional Irish and French classic, influenced by country house cooking which was collected by their many years experience all over Irleand. All meats are Irish sourced and fresh fish is a special feature. Everthing is made freshly on site including all breads, pastries, pastas and desserts. The Wine list is ever growing and includes something for all tastes. The restaurant offers a Early bird menu 7 days available from 5 - 7 pm and a full A la carte menu from 5 - 10 PM. Lunch is available from 1 - 2:30 PM on Sunday
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Wee Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Although we have visited Letterkenny many times , this was our first trip (and not our last ) to the Lemon Tree. The pre 6.45pm menu was great and I loved my starter of crab on a bed of crushed potato salad with smoked salmon and salmon mousse !
I think previously we give it a miss as thought the children too young, and now as 12 and 14 thought they would enjoy it and they did. But at next table was a small girl of around 6 and staff very helpful and she was enjoying fish goujons and chips so don't be put off if you have children.
Thanks for a lovely meal

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank suzanne c

Washington, DC
“Last minute decision turned out to be pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The restaurant is very small so a reservation is highly recommended. We showed up at about 8 PM on a Sun evening and waited 30 min for a table for 4. The greeters and servers were just OK. One was actually a little robotic and made us uncomfortable. They have a good wine list and definitely a healthy pour! (reference picture) The food was good although some aspects better than others. The risotto appetizer was phenomenal as was the goat cheese with greens and the soup special. They also bring bread to the table. For Americans I would be aware when you order steak in Ireland it may indicate that it is a filet of steak. That does not necessarily mean it is Filet Mignon (tenderloin.) So 2 in my party were a little disappointed with the steaks they ordered when we figured out they were not tenderloin. The steak was very good flavor wise but not what was expected. I enjoyed a small portion of steak plus lamb (see picture) which was excellent. Dessert was good also. Note that I rate the food excellent but service was just OK. I left satisfied with the meal but overall felt the experience was average.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Juleszee
Belfast
“just ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Don't know why this restaurant is so high up. My favorite is chilli shaker, expensive but yum. I went in here twice. First time was a sunday and I got the three course set menu. I got the caeser salad and all I tasted was cheese. Got a steak, was fine and got a dessert. I think the dessert was nice enough but I can't recall what I got and I usually can if I've enjoyed something.
I thought maybe it was a fluke so went in again and tried a main course of monkfish at around 25 euro and it was ok but it had no seasoning and monkfish needs something. It came with a sauce that wouldv'e suited steak but was too heavy for monkfish. So my view of this restaurant, good service nice surroundings, food looks great but just lacks that extra ooophmm so you really want to go back. I'd suggest going across the road to the yellow pepper instead. Espeicially if you're looking for a steak.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Whitianga
“Quality restaurant in Letterkenny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I visited this restaurant with a small group of 10. Small and unassuming. The service was very attentive with great menu choice. The muse bouche very tempting to the palate and a showcase of the excellent meal to come. if you are keen to enjoy great cuisine I would pre-book as this restaurant was very popular.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Travel Options United Travel
Dublin, Ireland
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Visted this restaurant on Monday evening with my boyfriend. From start to finish the meal was superb. Not one fault from the complementary soup to the delicious desert. If only this restaurant was nearer my home in Dublin. Could not recommend high enough!

3 Thank Aileen C