“Great food, friendly service, maybe a wee bit too warm” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Lemon Tree
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Letterkenny
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Lemon tree is a Letterkenny owned family run restaurant opened in 1999. The three brothers in the kitchen have a unique style with a mixture of traditional Irish and French classic, influenced by country house cooking which was collected by their many years experience all over Irleand. All meats are Irish sourced and fresh fish is a special feature. Everthing is made freshly on site including all breads, pastries, pastas and desserts. The Wine list is ever growing and includes something for all tastes. The restaurant offers a Early bird menu 7 days available from 5 - 7 pm and a full A la carte menu from 5 - 10 PM. Lunch is available from 1 - 2:30 PM on Sunday
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly service, maybe a wee bit too warm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Good food , local ingredients, well prepared , good advice on a new wine,friendly service,a very good experience. We were at the rear of the restaurant and at the end of the evening,we were a little warm. This wouldn`t put us off recommending this fine restaurant, the next time we will be near the front door.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Salmonfisher2014

Donegal
“Absolutely lovely :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my first visit to The Lemon Tree but it most certainly won't be my last. The food was so good. We went for the early bird menu, and what a choice! The service was great, food was piping hot which is a biggie for me and it was a good speedy service but not too speedy like you felt they were trying to get you out the door again asap. I couldn't fault anything with the food or the service. I know some people don't like to see into the kitchen but that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I will most definitely be recommending it to my friends, the early bird menu is such great value. I'm looking forward to my next visit already ;)

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank jodiejojo
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
“Fabulous again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Lemon Tree is simply the best restaurant I have ever visited. My previous review from last year said it was simply the best, and one year one, I am happy to repeat that. The quality of the food is absolutely top drawer; it's not tremendously fancy and I'm not a pretentious foodie. What shines through is the quality of the raw ingredients and the fact that they are cooked to absolute perfection.
It's not the most striking of establishments either externally or internally, but I think that's sort of the point; forget the pretension and just strap on the nosebag in this place - it is truly excellent!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Local L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Wee Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Although we have visited Letterkenny many times , this was our first trip (and not our last ) to the Lemon Tree. The pre 6.45pm menu was great and I loved my starter of crab on a bed of crushed potato salad with smoked salmon and salmon mousse !
I think previously we give it a miss as thought the children too young, and now as 12 and 14 thought they would enjoy it and they did. But at next table was a small girl of around 6 and staff very helpful and she was enjoying fish goujons and chips so don't be put off if you have children.
Thanks for a lovely meal

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank suzanne c
Washington, DC
“Last minute decision turned out to be pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The restaurant is very small so a reservation is highly recommended. We showed up at about 8 PM on a Sun evening and waited 30 min for a table for 4. The greeters and servers were just OK. One was actually a little robotic and made us uncomfortable. They have a good wine list and definitely a healthy pour! (reference picture) The food was good although some aspects better than others. The risotto appetizer was phenomenal as was the goat cheese with greens and the soup special. They also bring bread to the table. For Americans I would be aware when you order steak in Ireland it may indicate that it is a filet of steak. That does not necessarily mean it is Filet Mignon (tenderloin.) So 2 in my party were a little disappointed with the steaks they ordered when we figured out they were not tenderloin. The steak was very good flavor wise but not what was expected. I enjoyed a small portion of steak plus lamb (see picture) which was excellent. Dessert was good also. Note that I rate the food excellent but service was just OK. I left satisfied with the meal but overall felt the experience was average.

• Visited June 2014