“Restaurant review”
Review of La Fantasia - CLOSED

La Fantasia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Very good food, but pricy so its a treat. The only problem (as with many other restaurants) is their vegetables. Mistake to have them. They are called 'seasonal', but broccoli, carrots and cauliflower could be any old season. The promised asparagus never materialised. They are obviously microwaved.
The staff are lovely and just the right amount of attentive.
However, if I has a posh restaurant I would take coats and have linen napkins.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The food here is delicious, the portions are massive you won't leave hungry!
The staff are so nice, so accomendating!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We regularly visit la fantasia in Letterkenny when we travel to donegal. it's a must see in Letterkennyy from the moment we walked in to the restaurant we where greeted by friendly waiting staff, the amazing decor and the beautiful Italian music.
The food is always to die for. The seafood dishes are unbelievable. always save a little room for the homemade choclate brownies served with ice cream which are simply mouth watering.
looking forward to our next visit!

2  Thank niamhdawson
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This is the first time I have written a review for on TripAdvisor. I was so disappointed and angry at the service we received here in November, that I have to write one.

I booked a table for three in the restaurant for my boyfriends birthday in November. I dropped in a cake before our reservation at 8. So they knew it was a birthday celebration. When we arrived at 8 we were told our table wasnt ready and were asked if would like yo order drinks while we were waiting. We ended up waiting two hours for our table. Another two table of three were seated, that arrived after us (there were a few people with reservations waiting at the bar for their tables). We got seated at ten pm. The waiter took the order off a table next to us, ahead of ours. We were starving at this point. The food eventually arrived at half ten, it was fine.

After our meal I tried to subtly ask the waitress for the cake when she asked us for desert. She didnt know about the cake so I had to ask blatantly in front of the birthday man.

To make this experience EVEN WORSE they OVERCHARGED us for four beers which we did not order. There was no discount or complimentary anything with our meal, which was not worth the wait. It ruined our evening.

The bottomline is there was exceptionally poor organisational skills on behalf of the management.

9  Thank AoifML
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The pasta that I had tasted just OK and was lacking a bit of flavour and tasted bland. The waitress and manager kept asking if everything was 'ok' multiple times, which got a bit annoying. We were also seated at one of the tables that had a fake window next to it so the waitress kept giving and taking our menus or drinks or plates through the window instead of coming around directly to our table. I also ordered a cappuccino at the end of my meal and for an Italian restaurant, I can't say the coffee was anything special. There was also a stale stench in the air, the area/place we were seated in did not smell fresh which was a bit distracting.

6  Thank Jade B