“honeymoon”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Dunboyne, Ireland
“honeymoon”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here on the 16/6/14 for 2 day in the bridal suite the room was beautiful the staff in both the hotel and bar made us very welcome food was great i would recommend this hotel to everyone thank you for making our honeymoon a great one

1 Thank Alison H
Clanree, Guest Relations Manager at Clanree Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Alison H,
Firstly we would like to extend our congratulations again on your recent marriage and thank you so much for the lovely review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read.

My colleagues and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great lift.

I do hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you again.
00353 74 9124369

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and i stayed in The Clanree last weekend having stayed there twice before.
After this visit however we will not be returning.

Our room (208) was disgustingly dirty - the walls especially! Seriously a wipe of a cloth would have made all the difference!
The entire room was dusty and i doubt the curtains have ever been washed! The room even smelled mouldy - like it hadn't been aired in quiet some tome!
The bathroom had visible cracks on the tiles and bath.

The bar staff were quiet rude, i realise it was a very busy weekend and they were under pressure but a smile and a little acknowledgement would have been nice considering the length of time i had to wait to get a drink!

The only positive from our stay was the location of the hotel, its within walking distance of the town and has free parking.

I really expected a better experience from The Clanree especially considering the price!

4 Thank Lynda H
Dear Lynda H,
We are very disappointed to learn you did not not enjoy your latest visit with us, we are undergoing major refurbishments at the moment on all the bedrooms. We at all times strive and work towards delivering the highest possible level of service to all our guests and I sincerely apologise that we failed to deliver to you on this occasion, I do hope you will give us an another opportunity to redeem your faith in the Clanree Hotel & Leisure Centre. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help or assist in any way.
Warmest Regards,
0035374 9124369
Galway
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was recently staying in the clanree hotel for a weekend . On arrival we were told that on top of the 269 euro we had to give them 100 euro deposit coming to 369 for 2 nights leaving us short for the weekend. There was no mention of this 'deposit' when we booked in January nor were we told a few days perviously when we got a confirmation call. So we had to pay for the room all upfront along with 100 euro we had planned to spend that weekend. If that wasn't bad enough the room we were staying in had a dodgy door a broken sink and the airconditioning wasn't working the room was so hot and stuffy it was hard to sleep in at night . There website also states that they have a residents bar , on the Friday night there was no residents bar that's false advertising. And as for the bar manager I've never come across such a rude and arrogant person it nearly killed him to tell me where the bathroom was when I asked him we also ordered food that took 53 minutes exactly to prepare and bring when it came out there was mould on the bread so we politely asked for another sandwich and when that came out the meat was cold so we left it. I just couldn't get over the cheek of the staff where does being nasty get you ?? Some of the girls in the bar were lovely thou in fairness . I was so disappointed as this hotel was the hotel to go to last year a lot has changed and not for the better. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone nor will I ever consider staying there again .

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Coco0055
Dear Coco 0055,
Thank you for your recent review we appreciate all feedback and I am sorry you didn't enjoy some aspects of your stay, however we do require a valid credit card with all reservations and on this occasion no one was able to provide a valid card so therefore a cash deposit was required for incidentals such as room service, drinks, or food. We of course have a residents bar which is in McGettigans's and normally opens for residents until 3am. We have of course highlighted your points with the relevant departments to review where all points raised will receive our full attention
Many thanks &
Kind Regards,
00353 74 9124369.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I attended a wedding in the Clanree recently and I have to say I was not overly impressed. The function room was well dressed, but that is probably the only compliment I can give the hotel.
The service during the reception was just OK. The wait staff were not overly friendly and were slow to check on the tables. The food was mediocre. The potatoes were cold and the beef was tough. The "top-up" of veg AND wine came after everyone was finished their meal. The "afters" (the cake and hot food) apparently was a secret that only few were privy to. It was only after a few guests had ventured past the partition and found the set up that the rest of the guests slowly made their way towards the treats.
All in all I was disappointed with the day having heard good reviews in the past.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda P
Dear Amanda P,
Thank you for your recent review on your visit to The Clanree Hotel, we find your review slightly confusing as all the feedback from all our the Bride & Grooms, wedding guests has been so positive complimentary of the service and quality of food served on the day. Seconds are always offered to all wedding guests after all guests are fully served their main courses. I am sorry you were disappointed and did not enjoy as we do take all feedback on board and learn from it as we strive to deliver and exceed our guests expectations at all times.
The band announced that the buffet was being served in the buffet area which is specially set up and can be seen by all the wedding guests and are given time to enjoy the finger food that is on offer.
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you on another occasion where the warmest of welcome awaits if I can assist in any way please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Many Thanks & Sincere Regards,
00353 74 9124369.
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a very nice hotel to stay in, even if it was only one night. The food was lovely in the bar and restaurant. Service was 100%. Not the cleanest room i have stayed in but its not a 5star hotel but the rest of the hotel was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel as they will be alot quieter than the front ones which have...
Dear Mickkelly 2014,
Many thanks for your recent review we are really delighted you enjoyed your experience and are pleased to read you found the service 100% we really appreciate your kind recommendation and we hope we get the pleasure again in the near future to welcome you on another visit.
Many thanks &
Sincere Regards,
00353 74 91 24369.
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We got a deal in the Sunday paper so thought we would try it. Hotel was lovely and clean. Food was 1st class . It was ladies nite on the Thursday nite in the front bar so it was bogof on cocktails and 20% of my meal couldn't be better lol. We will go back for another visit soon

1 Thank Donna H
Dear Donna H,
Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Ladies night on the Thursday night.

Thank you for your kind recommendation and we do hope that we have the privilege of welcoming you back to The Clanree Hotel & Leisure Centre in the not too distant future.

Many thanks again,
Antoinette Coyle
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and myself stayed in this hotel from Monday 16th June until Wednesday 19th June as a wee treat to ourselves for our anniversary. On first impressions this hotel definitely had the whoa factor. The appearance from the outside totally overwhelmed us from the start and from check in to check out we had a wonderful time. The staff were amazing extremely helpful and obliging the room was spotless the food beautiful and the bar very relaxing. I only have one small complaint and that is that we didn't book for a longer stay. I will most certainly be back there again. Even the local taxi firm the hotel uses have extremely charming and friendly drivers. This hotel is hard to beat

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Kaylare
Dear Kaylare,
Thank you for the lovely review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read.

Thank you again.
Antoinette Coyle
00353 74 9124369
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
#7 of 12 in Letterkenny
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Station House Hotel Letterkenny
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to Clanree Hotel? Share your experiences!