“Lovely Stay”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed using the pool etc, looking fectching in our swimming hats!!

We had a very reasonably priced meal in the restaurant - large portions of beautiful food, fantastic!!

The only thing I feel could have been better was our room and the pool area were a little tired but were clean and had no real impact on our stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky7406
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Thanks a Million for taking the time to review your recent stay, we are delighted you enjoyed your break with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

I spent five nights in the Mount Errigal as part of a group. I was with my local Active Age group. We were blessed with beautiful weather and were looking forward to a great break. However the food was awful. Breakfast was fine, however dinner was inedible. I existed on a bread roll and a bowl of soup for my dinner each night. We were fed in a room aside from the main dining room - where incidentally the food looked beautiful. Our food looked nothing like the food in the main dining room and was dry and tasteless. Perhaps because we were a group of pensioners we were given inferior food thinking that we wouldn't complain. Definitely wont be going there again, or even recommending it.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank loloooo
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I would like to apologise profusely for your experience at dinner... I was shocked to read that you existed on soup for 5 nights and I don't understand why you would not raise your issues with a member of management. During your stay we had 3 groups consisting of 150+ in total, we served dinner in our function room because our restaurant would not be as spacious or comfortable for 150+ guests. Members from each group were so impressed that we got numerous 'thank you' cards and gifts. Each night, a member of senior management went round every table and asked if everyone was enjoying their meal and he got a very positive response. On check out, we ask every guest if they enjoyed their stay and no one raised any concerns at this point. I can assure you that groups at the Mount Errigal are treated just as well as individual leisure and corporate guests. The menu on offer is always extensive and every effort is made to ensure that each group member is having a relaxing, enjoyable and comfortable stay.
I have made every effort to contact you to rectify this situation and you instructed me not to contact you again. I'm very disappointed that you didn't raise any concerns during your stay and following your stay you refuse to speak to me.

I genuinely wish you would give us a chance to deal with your concerns and I would be delighted to hear from you in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Bedrooms are tired, outdated and badly in need of a good makeover. Public areas could be cleaner. food in bar very good and service there excellent

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank irishone1
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food in our bar and the service provided by our excellent team. You will be happy to know that the bedroom block you stayed in is currently undergoing a major refurbishment, we have already completed refurbishment on the majority of bedrooms. We appreciate your comments, it is only with our customers comments and reviews that we can improve.

We look forward top welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 8 June 2011

the Mount Errigal is really nice, it's in a good location and is situated within walking distance of the town centre.Staff was good and helpful, room was big and bright, all in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cunamara44

Thanks a Million for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Excellent service from the moment we arrived at this superb hotel. Reception staff were warm and welcoming, full of information and helpful tips as to were my group could enjoy an evening in Letterkenny. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms were spotless clean and very well maintained to a high standard. The location was ideal for Letterkenny town center ( 5 mins in a taxi). I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends or family, Its a hidden gem with very reasonable prices. Overall I had a fantasic experience in this hotel and cant pick out an faults.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay, we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you backa again soon

Reviewed 6 June 2011

We spent three nights at Mt Errigal hotel to attend a family wedding, which was being hosted there. The first two nights were fine and the wedding was excellent - especially the food. However, our enjoyment of the weekend was ruined by the selfish actions of a hen party staying in adjoining rooms. Their drunken antics, loud voices, slamming of doors and anti social behaviour kept up us awake until 5am in the morning. My elderly parents staying in the next room were also kept awake all night. It's a real shame that our stay at the Errigal is remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Room Tip: Check your neighbours are not on a hen night
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise profusely for the noise disturbances caused by a group of ladies on our 'Sex & The City - Diva's Package', fortunately, the majority of ladies who book into this package which includes cupcakes, dinner, cosmopolitan, spa treatments and breakfast in bed are usually very considerate of the other guests in the hotel, however, on this occasion, despite our best efforts to reduce the noise - the group did not co-operate. You can see a member of the group highlighting this in another recent review.
I am happy that you enjoyed the wedding, the food and the remainder of your stay. I would be delighted if you were to contact me so we can discuss this further and hopefully welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2011

From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome by the staff.
The room we had was very comfortable and clean but unfortunately the view left a lot to be desired.This,however did not take away from our stay.We had a lovely meal in the bar and the service was excellent.My wife and I will definitely be calling back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks a million for taking the time out to review your stay with us, we are delighted by your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.