“Good”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
“Good”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Got a deal on groupon. One nights stay and breakfast. Room fine and good size. Was a funny smell in room mentioned to the receptionist, were moved to a suite. Beautiful!!!
Dinner in the bistro, lively and big portions. Breakfast good although cud have been a little warmer. All in all a nice hotel wud def return

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Lucylui0801
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us through the Groupon sale. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Carolynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
ashmcgrath
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I booked three nights in the Mt. Errigal hotel for a family wedding, as the hotel where the wedding was taking place was booked out. I thought the deal I got online was good value based on the images on the hotel website, but on arrival, it quickly became apparent that these images were fairly misleading.
It's not a TERRIBLE hotel, but it's very dated, dark and a bit grim. There was an unpleasant smell in the main bar and a general feeling of unkemptness about the place. Breakfast was average at best, greasy canteen food. The rooms were huge, which was a plus and the staff were all very friendly but that definitely wouldn't be enough to tempt me back again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ashmcgrath
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read your comments. We try our best to offer great value prices and we are often commended for our value, cleanliness and quality of food and service.
The images on our website are current images so I refute your claims that they are misleading in any way. We are currently in the process of updating the decor in our bedrooms, so we accept that some guests may find this decor dated - however, many other guests still compliment us on our bedrooms.

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay, we hope you will give us another chance in the future, I can assure you that your next stay will be relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Hi, I recently stayed at this hotel and I am speechless at the value, staff friendliness and the hotel itself. When booking this hotel for 20 girls I could tell we were in for a good time as the staff were very pleasant and couldn't have done enough to make sure we got what we needed. When arriving we were immediately made to feel very welcome and were so happy at the comfort, cleanliness and space in all of the rooms. We all had massages which were absolutely fabulous and had us ready for the partying we had ahead of us. The food was absolutely delicious and this is a comment coming from a fussy eater, however, we all could not believe how tasty the meal and also breakfast which we had delivered to our rooms was. We went to the Ink nightclub which was probably one of the best I have been to, the package they supplied to us made us feel like celebs and the bride to be was over whelmed with the excitement and disbelief at the service. I don't normally write reviews but I feel due to the level of service we received needs to be mentioned. Thank you all very much, you gave my sister and the other 19 of us a very special day to remember! x

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are absolutely delighted by your comments on our SATC Diva's only package. I am especially happy that your sister was impressed! You and your group were a pleasure to accommodate and we wish you all the very best for the future wedding.

Warmest Regards
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently with a group of 20 ladies on a hen night. We had booked the 'Sex and the City' package which included an evening meal. Must say the group had such an amazing time at the hotel. The evening meal selection was amazing for a set menu and I was pleasently surprised that the steak choice did not carry a supplement choice, as most menu's would in other establishments. The staff were so friendly, in particluar the front desk and beauty spa staff. They made us feel very welcome and constantly asked us how our stay was going. The rooms were very clean with two beds in each. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and although Mount Errigal might not be the most modern, it's certainly one of the most homely. I would definately recommend this hotel and package to anyone who is booking a hen party as it is fantastic value for money. I will definately be back very soon!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Sex & The City Diva's Only Package! We are delighted by your comments. This is a very popular package for hen's, girly weekends and birthdays.
We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Warmest Regards
Belfast,Northern Ireland
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My husband and I bought a Groupon voucher for a one nights stay at the Mount Errigal and decided to stay 2 nights as it was my birthday.We got a very good deal for the 2nd night and we throughly enjoyed our stay. We had dinner on both nights in the hotel,once in the Bistro and the other time in the main hotel.Both meals were very nice and staff were all very attentive.The hotel management left lovely chocolate covered strawberriers in our room for me for my birthday which was very thoughtful! I had a treatment at the Beauty Salon by a lady called Sylvia which was just heaven!! Highly recommend her!! We also made use of the hotel swimming pool and jacuzzi and sauna,all great! So all in all a very good couple of days and would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted by your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Ballymena
Reviewed 10 October 2011

My wife , my daughter and myself stayed in the Mount Errigal lately and were delighted with our stay. The staff were excellent as was the food and accomodation. We stayed 2 nights midweek and enjoyed entertainment in the hotel on both nights. Certainly a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed it!
Reviewed 7 October 2011

When I visit Donegal I always try to stay in this hotel. It is in a very central location, it is very comfortable and offers great value for money. They often have special offers for weekend and mid week bookings, watch out for these for even better value. Enjoy and relax.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Clanree Hotel
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Mulroy Woods Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!