“Enjoyable family stay”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Portrush, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable family stay”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband and two children. We were really pleased with our choice of hotel. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, bedroom was huge with large flat screen TV which my son loved, leisure facilities were good with family changing and nice warm kids pool etc. Meals were included in our deal, and were tasty and generous portions. Letterkenny is within walking distance but far enough out of town to not be bothered by noise or traffic. Hotel was family friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with, we are delighted you enjoyed your time and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Carolynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Had a great time, great location with alot of facilites. Great value, would def stay again

• Stayed October 2011

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Myself and my partner stayed here back in August, I wanted to take her away as we were due to get married but had to cancel due to financial reasons, so the day we were due to get married I took her to Donegal overnight to take her mind of it.

I found the Errigal online and as they were doing a great deal I was tempted. I read some reviews on this and then had second thoughts but I decided I'd be the judge and booked it.

Ok it's not the Ritz but what do you honestly expect from a 3 star hotel. I can't speak for the other rooms in the hotel as we were lucky enough to get an upgrade to an executive room, which was very spacious, clean and cosy, ok it was overlooking a flat roof and the side car park but the hotel is right on the outskirts of town if you want views of rolling hills etc, wrong hotel.

Outside the hotel should have been cleaned more as there was some broken glasses when we arrived that were still there later in the evening and certain aspects of the hotel need a sever updating (corridors quite dark, and the decor very dated) but still a nice place to stay.

The food isn't michelin star dining but was still very very nice and for the price excellent value, although the breakfast service needs a lot more organising, dirty tables with food on the floor and not enough staff working.

In summary, not the best 3 star hotel I've ever stayed in but far from the worst, very friendly staff, good food, clean, very reasonably priced and central to the town. Good hotel but could be excellent. I would recommend staying here but keep in mind it's 3* not 5*

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank AliRed2011
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our friendly staff, good food, value for money and location to town centre.
You visited during the busiest month the hotel has ever seen, so I do apologise as regards some of the issues you raised relating to that.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Stoneyford, Co Antrim
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Triumph Club Northern Ireland for the second year in a row choose the Mount Errigal as their base for their End of Season Weekend. "24 Classic Cars, reserved parking, no problem. Two dinners, the second our 'Gala' one in a room to ourselves. Great food, wonderful breakfasts, and staff who seemed determined that we should be well looked after by efficient friendly people.
Its a big hotel, with a large foyer, lots of comfortable seating, and ideal for groups like ours. And of course there are bars and restuarants.
The rooms were excellent, with a lift for anyone requiring it. With a busy schedule few of our group used the spa and additional facilities, but we could have.
An excellent base from which to explore Letterkenny, and beyond.
Thank you, Mount Errigal, we may well be back to make it three years in a row.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TriumphClubNI
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Triumph Club are an absolute pleasure to work with and we would be delighted to welcome you all back again in 2012 for the 3rd time in a row.
We take great pride in treating our groups with the same level of excellent customer service which we provide to individual guests, so we are very happy that it was well received.

We look forward to working with you again in the future,

offaly ireland
Reviewed 26 October 2011

well if this is the finest in letterkenny then i hate to imagine what the worst is , stayed there with group of friends in early october and was really disapointed with every aspect from dining experience to leisure failities hard to believe that this is 3 star ( must have been awrded a long time ago.) Pool smelt and floods of water on changing room floor and paint peeling all over the place , towels smelt musty and clearly hadnt been laundered in long time.
Room i stayed in was smelly ,pokey and main light was blown--brought to attention of receptioist twice but nothing happened, each day breakfast was just mediociar and tasted like it hd been cooked the night before. Main room dr hit of wall of bathroom and there was only one plug to plug in phone charger and that was at luggage rack- so take down bg every time needed
Garden outside and car park need a lot of attention and so clled gardens that were planted in hotel between some rooms had never been given any attention since they were planted. Staff were the same ones on at breakfast and still serving at dinner and after in bar.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kidneybean085
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was shocked to read that you were so dissappointed, especially when on check out you were asked if everything was ok and you failed to mention any of the above, otherwise I would have been aware of this.
We are inspected by Failte Ireland on a yearly basis, their scoring system is very stringent so you are incorrect in saying that we were awarded our stars a long time ago. I'm very sorry, but - for your own health and safety, we are obliged to treat our pool with the necessary chemicals such as chlorine, perhaps this was your first time visiting a pool? I genuinely believe you are exagerating in some ways, all towels provided at the pool are freshly laundered and no one has ever remarked that they smell musty in any way. You also claim that our rooms are small & ‘pokey’, this is also very strange considering that almost all of our bedrooms are a lot larger than the minimum accepted for 3 star status, if you scroll down to some of our recent reviews, you can see many comments on how spacious, clean and fresh our rooms are.
I apologise if you were not impressed with our buffet breakfast, however, I can assure you that our breakfast buffet is freshly prepared every morning and is replenished regularly throughout breakfast service. If it had been cooked the night previous as you have alleged, I don’t see how it would even be ‘mediocor’, so again, I think you are just being quite vindictive with that comment.
As regards power points in the rooms, each room has numerous sockets available, I apologise if you did not realise this, however, a quick call to reception would have rectified that. We have numerous, well kept gardens in some areas of the hotel, every day, our hard working maintenance staff address these areas. I accept that at this time of year, and with the unpredictable weather we have been having, some of our gardens may not be in full bloom so I apologise if that upset you.
I refute your comment on our staff working at breakfast dinner and bar, this is totally untrue and just another obvious exaggeration on your part – mind you, if you asked our dinner service staff to get you a drink, they would of course go and get that for you themselves because our core values are to serve the customer as efficiently and promptly as possible, even if that means going over and above their usual duties at that time.

We are a very hard working, 3 star hotel offering the best possible value to our customers. We are deeply dissappointed by some of your comments and we feel that you have went out of your way to be hurtful in your review. It’s a great pity that none of these issues were raised directly with us and you waited until you were in the comfort of your own home to be so opinionated. We would have liked the opportunity to deal with your issues and ensure you had a relaxing, enjoyable stay.

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay, but I do feel that some of your comments are very unfair.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Should have posted this review when I returned from Mount Errigal but better late than never.

We spent the last weekend of September 2011 at the Mount Errigal, initially booked for my husband, my four year old son and myself but when we arrived my husband had also booked my mother and father and their room was right beside our room.

The Mount Errigal is a great hotel, beautiful foyer and on the Friday night the fire was on and it made the foyer so homely. Food in bar is not great and not really good value but the meal in the Restaurant and the service is out of this world and great value for 25 Euro per person.

Letterkenny itself is a great shopping town, lots to down. No entertainment in hotel on Saturday day but that didnt matter and wouldnt take away from our enjoyment of the hotel. Our room was large and spacious, two double beds and a single bed.

Will go back to the Mount Errigal for another weekend in 2012 and would have no hestitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Eat in the Restaurant and not the bar.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted you were impressed by our food, service and ambience.

We look forward to welcoming you in 2012!

Newton Stewart
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Have just returned from another stay at this hotel. I was again there as part of a coach tour and the service was outstanding. Rooms clean, tidy and well equipt, Staff always friendly and helpful, The spa facilities was great, And the food was of an excellant standard. Can not fault this hotel in any way and would definatly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kellybNewtonStewart
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Carolynne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Clanree Hotel
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Mulroy Woods Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!