“Had a Pleasant Stay.”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The room that we were allocated was very spacious and came with 2 double size bed.
There is ironing facility, U can make tea/coffee and an entertainment TV unit which is wall mounted.
The stay comes with breakfast and there is a wide range to choose from, eat till heart content.
The guest is also allow to use the swimming pool and spa facilities but never had the chance to have a goal with it as we merely stayed for a day attending a wedding function.
The front lobby is huge and nice fireplace to keep the guest warm while relaxing.
The hotel is big and the food serve is of good quality and standard.(food at the wedding)
The only thing that need to be addressed is the decor in the room which is slightly dated.
I received feedback from he management that they are going to refurbished the rooms in January 2012 and I guess it is going to be more contemporary and impressive.
My overall stay in the hotel is good and pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed the wedding and quality of food and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Mount Errigal Hotel

Reviewed 13 November 2011

i booked this hotel for my family and friends the rooms are ok, on arrival we were told we got r meal in the restaurant and thats were breakfast was too so we booked the restaurant for r party, wen sitting down i asked the girl was it the right menu as i thought it was 2 courses not 3 she said it was the full menu, so i said ok previous to that a member of my party asked twice was it the right menu she was told yes, half way through eating dinner we were told we got the wrong menu and would have to pay 10 euros each, eh no i dont think so ur fault not ours we asked 3 times, after some debating the girl who was management came back and said it was our fault but she would leave it that we had 2 courses and were to get no more, very rude shouting down the table at me in front of the whole restaurant, talk about embarressed i have never been talked to that way in my life, after r meal i complained to the owner he didnt want to know said they apologised and hadnt time to stand there all night very rude and ignorant. one of our partys bathroom flooded everytime they used the shower did we complain NO. wish we hadve, i will never stay at this hotel again management need to go and learn how to treat their customers, i feel sorry for the staff (who were lovely) the Silver Tassie up the road is a million times better and so friendly will be going there from now on. the mount errigal is a terrible hotel dont stay here

Room Tip: rooms are out dated
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank noleen46

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to read your review. I personally checked you in because I happened to be at the front desk when your group was checking in. I clearly explained that included in your package was a 2 course meal and a glass of wine in Cafe Renaissance our bar, I then gave you all vouchers which clearly stated this and told you that there was no need to book for the bar. You and your group were staying for two nights and on one of the nights you booked into the restaurant, as any guest would. You were presented with a 4 course table d'Hote menu, at no point did you enquire if this menu was included in the voucher you had, nor did you mention that you had a voucher.
The manager on duty asked you to sign for the meal and this was the first and only point that you presented us with the bar voucher. It was witnessed that our manager on duty politely explained the error, you seemed to get quite irate so our manager on duty immediately waivered the supplement to which you seemed pleased with. After this, you refused to sign for the bottles of wine that you and your group had had and you THREATENED to write a negative review should you have to pay for the wine. We felt that we had already given you suffice discount, especially since the error really wasn't any fault of the hotel. THREATS against hoteliers in order to gain financially is unacceptable behavior.

During your stay, on numerous occasions we had to send night security to your room to ask you to reduce the noise levels. You disturbed more than 4 bedrooms and you can see evidence of this from other reviewers.
I feel your review is misleading, false and I hope that readers of this review appreciate that your group were quite difficult throughout your stay. We take customer service very seriously, however, on some occasions we need to be firm with guests who are disrupting the enjoyment of other guests in house.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

We got a good deal from this hotel, or so we thought. What looks like a beautiful hotel from the outside and in the lobby, the rooms were quite a different story. Very outdated and cold. Our bedroom window (on the ground floor) was broken and we may as well have slept outside as there was a function on the night we stayed. There was an exit door beside us which also proved to be a smoking area for the night and we heard more emotional drunks on phones than I've ever heard before. They may as well have been sitting beside the bed. They were that close. The pool area was quite dirty in places. Wont stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lola2010
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry you did not have a relaxing stay, however, I am quite confused by your comment on the fire exit and the location of that to your room. We do not have any bedrooms on the ground floor near an exit or with a broken window? I've also checked the dates you say you stayed and I have no record of any complaints relating to yours.
As regards our bedrooms, we are currently in the process of having our standard rooms refurbished.

It's a great pity you did not raise any concerns directly with us, we would have liked to opportunity to deal with them and ensure you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed in this hotel a couple of weeks ago on an overnight business stay. It was a horrible night and i walked in to the hotel at 6.30pm. When I asked the B&b rate I was very supprised as it was much dearer than I'm used to paying. I stay in hotels all over Ireland three nights a week every week. Even after some battering I still paid more than I gave in the last two years. As it was late and very wet I agreed to the lowest rate offered. I was then told I'd get one of their best rooms! yes the Tv was a large flat screen and the room was also large. The room was very dated and dull. I must have been over the generater as there was a dull drone the whole time i was in the room.There is nothing about this hotel that would attract me back. I can see from the few negitive reviews that the manager gets rather defensive but I'm just saying as I found it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ColinHutch

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you were dissapointed with the rate quoted, however, having looked at your profile I see that your rate was heavily reduced from our standard corporate rate, I'm surprised that you felt that was still more than you would have expected because I know that the rate you got was well below the average corporate rate in the North West of Ireland.
I'm delighted you enjoyed the facilties in our spacious executive rooms. I apologise if you were not impressed with the decor in these rooms, it's not a common complaint.

As regards management being defensive, I can assure you that is not the case. We appreciate positive and negative feedback because it is the only way in which we can improve, however, sometimes it is necessary to state the facts behind certain reviews, especially when they do not correspond.

I do hope you give us a second chance in the future, for regular corporate guests we suggest that you contact us in advance and we will happily negotiate favorable terms.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Just returned from a 3 night stay with my husband and two children. We were really pleased with our choice of hotel. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, bedroom was huge with large flat screen TV which my son loved, leisure facilities were good with family changing and nice warm kids pool etc. Meals were included in our deal, and were tasty and generous portions. Letterkenny is within walking distance but far enough out of town to not be bothered by noise or traffic. Hotel was family friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with, we are delighted you enjoyed your time and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Had a great time, great location with alot of facilites. Great value, would def stay again

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed 30 October 2011

Myself and my partner stayed here back in August, I wanted to take her away as we were due to get married but had to cancel due to financial reasons, so the day we were due to get married I took her to Donegal overnight to take her mind of it.

I found the Errigal online and as they were doing a great deal I was tempted. I read some reviews on this and then had second thoughts but I decided I'd be the judge and booked it.

Ok it's not the Ritz but what do you honestly expect from a 3 star hotel. I can't speak for the other rooms in the hotel as we were lucky enough to get an upgrade to an executive room, which was very spacious, clean and cosy, ok it was overlooking a flat roof and the side car park but the hotel is right on the outskirts of town if you want views of rolling hills etc, wrong hotel.

Outside the hotel should have been cleaned more as there was some broken glasses when we arrived that were still there later in the evening and certain aspects of the hotel need a sever updating (corridors quite dark, and the decor very dated) but still a nice place to stay.

The food isn't michelin star dining but was still very very nice and for the price excellent value, although the breakfast service needs a lot more organising, dirty tables with food on the floor and not enough staff working.

In summary, not the best 3 star hotel I've ever stayed in but far from the worst, very friendly staff, good food, clean, very reasonably priced and central to the town. Good hotel but could be excellent. I would recommend staying here but keep in mind it's 3* not 5*

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank AliRed2011
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreciated our friendly staff, good food, value for money and location to town centre.
You visited during the busiest month the hotel has ever seen, so I do apologise as regards some of the issues you raised relating to that.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.