Upon arrival we had to make our way through a large group of smokers at the front door (there was a function on that evening). In fairness, I think they were receiving mixed messages from the hotel as right below the 'No Smoking' sign the hotel had thoughtfully provided a large standing ashbin! The lobby therefore stank of smoke and gave a very bad first impression. We has specifically booked a non-smoking room, but were sent up to a spacious but slightly dingy room which stank of stale smoke. Edel at reception could not have been more helpful and sent us off further down the corridor to a sweeter smelling room. However, as this was above the function room which was going to be used for a wedding the next night we were told it would probably get very noisy. They duly moved us to another room (our 3rd and final one) the next morning, and what a difference!! I would strongly recommend that you do not stay in the 'older' part of the hotel - make sure you are in the newer wing as there is a world of a difference. We had dinner in the bar that night and the food was excellent. Likewise, breakfast was great with attentive service and plenty on offer. Our waitress Fiona was a real gem. We enjoyed the pool and our overall stay, but they really need to sort out the problem with stale rooms and second-hand smoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a great central location, within walking distance of Letterkenny Town, this luxury 3 star hotel and state-of-the-art leisure centre is close to pubs, nightlife, shopping and theatres. Free parking and Wi-Fi. The Mount Errigal Hotel has a leisure centre with a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mount Errigal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mount Errigal
- Mount Errigal Letterkenny
- Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal