We stayed at the Mount Errigal Hotel last Saturday night, we arrived early so thought that we would need to leave our bags behind reception however our room was ready. The lady on reception was very friendly and when asked gave us the directions into the town centre, it's a good 10 - 15 minutes’ walk away which is not a problem.
Our room was very nice, we were lucky enough to stay in the suite which was spacious and very comfortable. A great feature of the room was the Jacuzzi / steam bath/sauna in the bathroom. The way I would describe it is as a mini tardis from Doctor Who! The only downfall with this was there was no instructions on how to use it but I must admit it was fun pressing all the different buttons and seeing what happened next!
Before dinner we had drinks in the bar, staff were friendly and it was easy to get a seat. There were plenty of people in the bar too which gave the place a good atmosphere.
We ate dinner in the restaurant which I must say was the best thing about the hotel, we got a table next to the open fire which had a great ambience. The food itself was excellent, service very attentive and friendly. I would imagine it would be the sort of place that would also attract a lot of locals as well as residents.
After dinner we went back into the bar for a few more drinks, the atmosphere was good, plenty of locals and residents alike. There was a live singer playing and the whole place had a real good feel to it. It's good to see a place busy and full of life in today’s climate, some hotel bars can be very empty and boring.
Breakfast was again in the restaurant, the food was good however the time we came down was extremely busy, obviously everyone had decided to eat breakfast at the same time! The staff handled it very well though, they remained friendly to every guest and were always around to top you up with tea/coffee and bring you toast if required.
Overall we had a great stay at the Mount Errigal Hotel, we would definitely return if in the same area again.
Thank you to all of the staff who made our stay very pleasurable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a great central location, within walking distance of Letterkenny Town, this luxury 3 star hotel and state-of-the-art leisure centre is close to pubs, nightlife, shopping and theatres. Free parking and Wi-Fi. The Mount Errigal Hotel has a leisure centre with a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mount Errigal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mount Errigal
- Mount Errigal Letterkenny
- Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal