“Brilliant hotel, don’t believe the crazy reviewers!”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel, don’t believe the crazy reviewers!”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the 6th April with my family on the All in family deal for the 4th time. I must say it was excellent value, and great to see a hotel offering brilliant rates and not bogging their arm in at all.
I cannot believe the views of some people on this site, especially the review about the pool being cold!!!!!
We travel all around Ireland and England and I must say, this is the warmest pool I have ever been in! What kind of mother would want children to go in a sauna, steam room or Jacuzzi!?!?!? I honestly could not believe the craziness of that woman who checked out because the manager would not allow kids in Jacuzzi… I think they were doing her a favour! This must have been her first time using a hotel pool because I have never seen any hotel that allows children into the Jacuzzi etc! Does she not understand that minors do not have enough body mass index to regulate their body heat in a Jacuzzi which can result in them overheating and possibly passing out or something more serious?
Honestly, if you are looking for a great value hotel in good location with fantastic leisure facilities, this is the spot.
It shocks me that some people also complain about the value of the all in family meal, this is the best possible deal in all of Ireland for families. Yes – it is a carvery each night, but that suited me much better with impatient kids! Who in the right mind expects a candlelit, 5 course gourmet meal for around €100 a night B&B and dinner for a family of 4, get a grip! Lol
This hotel has excellent staff and the managers are always around to converse and check all is ok. The hotel is always jam packed with customers, so I think that speaks for itself. I am on their email list so I get first shout for all the great deals. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the food is great and they have just done up the leisure centre.
Can’t wait until our return in July!

Room Tip: Always ask the staff as they will do their best to accommodate your request....
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for your very positive & supportive review. I am delighted you enjoyed your 4th stay with us. It is not often we get a negative review, however, it is frustrating when we get negative reviews about something that we no control over and something that is in the best interests of our guests health & saftey.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Carolynne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Strabane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay over easter with my hubby and 3 kids. When I seen the deal for 3 nights dinner bed & breakfast and I weary because it was only €329, I think I asked about 3 times is that per person and the girl said no, it’s the total all in!

When we arrived, I was impressed straight away, for that bargain I was thinking the place would be bargain bucket standard but it wasn’t! Big roaring fire in the front hall and bar, the place was packed but there was plenty of space – this place is huge but they can fill it!

Each night dinner had a great choice, I wasn’t expecting this quality on these rates if I’m honest so I was pleasantly surprised. The Chef is not shy either with the portions, I felt so guilty with the amount of waste every night on our table! After dinner music was on in the bar and we got chatting to several other families, all were impressed with the deal and the offering – so I honestly don’t know what the reviewer on this site was on when she complained that it was like school dinner, it certainly wasn’t it was top class.

The rooms were huge, two massive double beds and a single bed with loads of room for our stuff. I am a puke when it comes to cleanliness so before we dropped our bags I checked for anything to worry about and I must say it was spotless!

My tip is ask for an executive room, even if you do have to pay the €15 upgrade it is worth it for the space when you have kids.

If you are looking for good accommodation, great facilities and the best ever value, book in here it’s a great place for families.

Room Tip: pay a little extra for an upgrade if like us you have the family with you...it's worth it!! :)
1 Thank elenam498
Thanks a Million for your glowing review, it makes our efforts very worthwhile! I'm happy you appreciated the value of our family package, we try our best to offer families the best possible rates without compromising on quality, allowing even those families on tight budgets the opportunity to make some great family holiday memories. It's dis-heartening when some guests are not impressed with this package, however, disappointed guests are extremely unusual.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the Summer!

Warmest Regards
Ballyronan, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the mount errigal! My wee boy enjoyed the swimming facilities within the premises. The restaurant is divine and very reasonably priced.

I would recommand this hotel to any of my friends and family!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Judging by how impressed you were, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My hubby & I stayed for 3 nights Bed & Breakfast just after Easter. Breakfast was hot & tasty with plenty to choose from, hot & cold, and unlimited tea & coffee & toast.
We had the Steak & Chicken meal in the Lounge Bar one evening & I cannot fault it. We sent compliments to the Chef & that doesn't happen very often. The soup & sandwiches were great too. The waiting staff really impressed us with their service, good manners & customer care. We enjoyed the entertainment provided on the 3 evenings as it suited our age group (45-55) and taste in music (Country & Folk). The Hotel could do with a bit of freshening up in decor but we really didn't mind the old-fashioned feel to it. One of the things we loved was the jacuzzi which was warm and spotlessly clean as were the bedrooms and the Hotel in general. We are really looking forward to staying here again. Janice & Stewart

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay & we look forward to welcoming you back again!

Regards
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

A large group of us are just back from a 2 night stay here. The hotel was reasonably priced and well located close to the town centre. The spa area was pretty good and generally couldn't fault the hotel. Very accommodating for the large group and able to assist with providing a room for hen party games. Would definitely recommend it for other groups.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank tbirdtammy
Thank you for your positive feedback on your recent hen party stay. We welcome hen parties and are delighted to offer unique, interesting and reasonably priced packages.

We look forward to your return

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding at the hotel on 23rd march 2013. The 2 night stay was part of a special offer and we were well impressed. The food was lovely, the room was clean and cosy. Orla and the staff were all polite and very helpful. The only downside was that the whole downstairs lobby, bar area and restaurant was very cold even though there was open gas fires on, however the weather was very wintry that weekend and any heat would have probably escaped through the automatic doors.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay with us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'd like to apologise about the weather during your stay, whatever direction the wind was blowing, it seemed to be blowing right through the hotel as soon as the automatic doors opened, even with the heat on full and all fires going, we struggled during that cold spell to maintain the heat.
Orla will be delighted to get a mention in your review, we are very lucky to have her on board!

We look forward to your return.

Dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed in the hotel for an overnight stay (Saturday night). The hotel doesnt look that appealing from the roadside however you are pleasantly surprised on entering the lobby which is a large space with a very inviting sitting area, nice furniture and open fire. From the lobby there is access to the bar area and restaurant, these are large rooms and again nicely decoarated so it is a shame that they are closed off from reception, in my view this should be a large open space. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, in the bar the staff were very friendly also and even switched on a specific channel that I had requested on one of the large plasma screens in the bar. Even thought the hotel was quite busy the staff seemed very attentive and professional throughout. The leisure club is excellent and very well equipped, pool, sauna, steam room, kids pool, excercise room, etc. all great. So why not 4 or 5 stars? Simple answer the rooms are awful! We were given a room on the 3rd floor quite close to the stairwell. The rooms are small and on the night we were there extremely hot...even though the radiator in the room was off we could not open the window to let any air in and there was no other thermostat control/aircon. To make in even more difficult to sleep there was a staff room (I think it may have been a housekeeping office) which was occupied by a couple of members of staff late into the night chatting and laughing. Also the fire doors were constantly banging shut. The rooms themselves deperately need updating. Need for flatscreen TVs as the one we had took up most of the room! Bathroom was small but OK, and at least there was tea & coffee facilities. The overall decor is tired and the soundproofing is terrible. the hotel has bags of potential but first step is to update the bedrooms. Would recommend for an overnight stay, business conference or wedding.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the stairwells as possible,
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry you were not impressed with your room. You stayed in our standard rooms, the option to upgrade to an executive would have been available. Our standard bedrooms have been recently refurbished and the decor in these rooms is intentionally traditional, I'm sorry if it was not to your taste. Our Executive rooms are more spacious and more modern as regards decor. All our rooms have flat screen TV's.
I'm delighted by your comments on our staff, ambience & facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.