We arrived down to the Mount Errigal about 1.00pm on Saturday after getting a Groupon Deal for Santa to come up to the room to visit the children. I called in and the girl at reception was so helpful and checked me in and told me that our room would be available at 1.30pm (1 hour and 30 mins prior to official check in!!) The reception staff were friendly and helpful. We had asked to stay in a quieter part of the hotel as we were there with our three children, 4, 3 and 6 months old! The room was clean, tidy and fresh, plenty of room for our travel cot etc. We were given a letter about what was going to happen and it happened like this: Santa was due to call at our room at 7.30 - 8pm, when he called to the room my daughter opened the door and my other daughter who was sitting on the bed was mesmerised. Santa knew their names, and what they wanted for Christmas. He took his time with us, we got loads of photos and my 6 month old daughter absolutely adored him!!! He told us that we would be down to his grotto soon, where there was yummy hot chocolate and massive cookies for the kids, the kids were able to write letters to santa, and santa called back in, he remembered the girls names and took time again to chat to everyone in the grotto. We had a meal in the Café Renaissance, the food was beautiful, the staff were friendly and the prices were reasonable. We didn't get to use the pool but took a quick look at the facilities, it looks clean and child friendly (with adult supervision of course!)
After much worry about not getting much sleep between the 5 of us all in the one room and the noise of other guests etc (especially as there was a wedding on that day in the hotel) we all slept the night through, obviously some other guests don't always have consideration for other guests but our corridor seemed to be full of families with young children and generally quiet.
Our stay at the Mount Errigal was wonderful, it was magical for my husband and I and of course the kids, I would highly recommend this trip, we will hopefully stay in the Mount Errigal very soon again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a great central location, within walking distance of Letterkenny Town, this luxury 3 star hotel and state-of-the-art leisure centre is close to pubs, nightlife, shopping and theatres. Free parking and Wi-Fi. The Mount Errigal Hotel has a leisure centre with a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mount Errigal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mount Errigal
- Mount Errigal Letterkenny
- Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal