“Xmas present from my daughter”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I have just spent a lovely weekend at the Mount Errigal Hotel. The reception staff where extremely pleasant and helpful, the best we have come across in a long while. The swimming pool,jacuzzi and steam room where just what we wanted after 2 hrs in the car. Bar staff and waiting staff where all lovely. Food was grand, we ate both nights in the cafe renaissance. Unfortunately weather was dreadful but what can you expect in Donegal! Would reccommend this hotel as it was great value for money.

Room Tip: We stayed in 353, which didn't have a view except of heating installation, but it was so quiet w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olliejj07
There are newer reviews for Mount Errigal Hotel

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just arrived back from a very pleasant stay at this hotel which my daughters had booked for my birthday.The staff were extremley friendly and helpful, the room large and comfortable, the pool and Jacuzzi area relaxing.We ate in the restaurant on the Friday night and the food was delicious with a lovely surprise for dessert wishing me a Happy Birthday which I thought was a lovely personal touch.Saturday night we ate in the bar and again we couldn't fault the service or the food,what impressed me was the fact that there were no hen or stag parties which meant we had two peaceful and restful nights sleep.Overall my experience was a great chilled out weekend with friends which we needed and thanks to this hotel we got what we had hoped for.I had read previous reviews and some I found off putting but having stayed here I believe they were picky and wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Mount Errigal Hotel for a wonderful getaway from it all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly reception staff and luckily enough our room was ready even though we arrived early. The staff in the hotel were really friendly and the room was spotlessly clean, bar a few spots in the bathroom which could of been cleaned slightly better. The food in the hotel was beautiful, on the Saturday night we had the 4 course meal and the portion sizes were huge. One bad point about the restaurant on the Saturday night one of the waitresses was too busy rushing about and when taking our order just assumed we were finished ordering when we hadn't but the rest of the staff were very helpful. The leisure suite was great although the jacuzzi kept switching off and you had to get up and wave at the censor every five minutes but other than that was very relaxing. We had a great break and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking time out to review your recent stay, we are thrilled that you were impressed and we appreciate your constructive criticism in other areas, please be assured that we have taken them on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Myself, my partner and baby called in here after a long drive for a coffee. First off there was an unacceptable amount of dirt on the highchairs that I couldn't put my son near it, and this wasn't just the remains of someone who had just been, that would be understandable, this was ground in. Looked like it hand't been cleaned for weeks. My partner went to the bar and ordered us 2 coffees and scones, the barman said "it could be a while" we thought ok 5-10 minutes thats fine, 20minutes later we were still waiting. The barman was fiddling about on the till so we assumed he had passed our order onto kitchen staff or something. Then a female member of staff came and began clearing the table beside us where a couple having drinks had just left, she actually shouted across the bar at us "are you ok?" instead of coming over and asking. We said we were waiting 20minutes for a cup of coffee and she said "ok thats alright" and walked off, she didn't even acknowledge that we were waiting that long or try to be in any way helpful to us. We sat on for about another 5 or 10 minutes and after that we got up and left. I don't think it takes half an hour to make 2 cups of coffee. You can go into any petrol station in the country and have it within seconds. It wasn't to say the bar was overly busy either, there were 3 gentlemen sitting at the bar having a drink as was the couple next to us. It was nothing more than ill manners and laziness on part of the staff.
Serious customer service training needed and the hygiene standards were well below average.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. I am profusely sorry for the issues you encountered in our bar and I totally agree that the staff members involved did not provide the typical high standards of service we expect in the Mount Errigal Hotel.

I can assure you that we have dealt with the issues raised. I'm confident that on your next visit, you will be impressed with the improvements we have made.

I hope you can accept my apology on this occasion.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

we went for relaxing weekend before christmas staff in reception bar restaurant and through out hotel were so welcomingrecommend this hotel to all food fab leisure facilties so clean our room was spotless and cleanednext morn bar is so cosy and bar staff friendlyreceptionmade us so welcome we have stayed at hotel before and will definately be back

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time out to review your recent stay with us, it means the world to us to hear such positive feedback, our team will be delighted by your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here over New Year and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The staff were very attentive, food delicious and overall package excellent. The meal at the Gala Dinner was exceptional. the service very good with the large numbers involved.. We hope to be back next year.

Room Tip: We were in a room with 2 double beds, the decor was perfectly adequate, very clean and cmfortable be...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I'm delighted to hear you really enjoyed New Year's eve with us. I was one of the hosts on the night, and it was my pleasure to look after your group.

We hope to see you again next year

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Stayed at Mt Errigle again recently and found it to be much improved. I think that when booking you must check that you are booked in to the newer part of the hotel as the older part is a bit 'tired' looking. Their pool and facilities are good and the check-in staff efficient and welcoming. But the star of the show is their new Jospur barbeque grill! If you have never tasted food cooked on one of these (and there are only two in all of Ireland) then I advise you to get over there fast. Steaks, chicken, burgers - all are amazingly succulent and flavourful. It has to be tried to be believed. Try it - you are in for a treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 'new' extension.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thecraicis90

Thank you so much for your positive review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay even more this time!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest Regards