“Just had dinner, wont be back”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We live in the town & have always enjoyed the food in the mount errigal but after yesterday we wont be back. We complained to the manager/supervisor and to the waiter about one of the dinners & we still had to pay for it. That is very bad customer service. We did not say everything was okay, we told 2 members of staff that we were not happy so we should not had to pay for it. We had the chicken curry which is obviously made with some cheap plain bland curry powder. We also had fish & chips, the fish was frozen, not battered fresh, I work with food I know the difference, and my 10 year old had a burger & says the ones in the chipper were nicer. My 5 year old had sausages, potatoes & gravy which she really enjoyed so it wasn't all bad. I think the prices being charged are a bit much for what was served to us yesterday. €14.00 for curry made with curry powder sauce & €13.50 for frozen fish. We did only complain about the chicken curry so fair enough we had to pay for the rest but we shouldnt had to pay for the chicken curry, we wont be back. Disgraceful customer service to pay for something after complaining. We wont be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank verona78
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for submitting a review of your recent experience in Dexter's Bar, I'm sorry to hear that you were not impressed on this occasion.
Following my conversation with the Manager who dealt with your complaint, I suppose it's best if we explain the reasons why you were charged for the meal in question.
When your server checked the table, you did indicate that you were not happy with your Curry dish, at this point, a Manager was alerted. The Manager came to your table, apologised and immediately offered to replace your dish for something else at which point, you refused & continued to consume your meal. When questioned about what the problem was with the dish, you could not clarify any particular issue. The manager apologised & left your table after confirming that everything else was ok. Suspicious as to what the problem might be with the dish, especially since we had served several of the same dish all evening, the manager tasted the Curry and could not pin point any issues.
Whilst clearing your table, it should be noted that it appeared that all dishes were fully enjoyed.
We understand that Curry can be a matter of taste & how hot or mild you like it, which is why we have no issue replacing dishes if a guest simply does not like the taste of a particular dish, without reason or issues relating to the dish, however, on this occasion, you refused our efforts to replace your meal with something more to your taste and you continued to eat the Curry.
As regards your comment about our Fish, I can assure you that we buy all our Fish locally and it is certainly not frozen. Our prices reflect the standard of fresh produce that we offer and our dedication to excellent service.
I hope you can accept my apology on this occasion.

Carolynne

Write a ReviewReviews (2,330)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed here to c Santa it was really good very relaxed food beautiful and very reasonable hotel lobby very very nice staff excellent.. Kids really enjoyed it seeing Santa and the swimming pool was extra bonus for them.. Overall we were extremely pleased with the whole thing. Definitely stay here again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank perisha

Thanks a million for your positive feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel in feb last great food' the steak 10oz was cooked a1 it had a great flavour the beds were very comfy. the whole family used the pool temp just right and the hot tub. the manager terry I think couldn't do enough. we will be back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed in hotel 3-5 march with hubby, groupon deal. When we arrived we were offered an upgrade and as it was my birthday we decided why not. Room 333 was fantastic, beautiful views and food was excellent. We went shopping on Tuesday (my birthday) and when we returned to the room later that evening the staff and management had left a card and chocolate strawberries for me. I thought that a lovely gesture, well done Mount Errigal will def visit again. Ps think you should be 4*. Thanks Tim & Andra

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andra A

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last weekend in suite 306 wasnt told there was an irish dancing competition on when arrived couldnt get parked my wife is visual emperred so couldnt get parked on a disabled parking spot took us about 30mins to get parked the room we booked was lovely went down to the bar that night and was very rowdy next morning we were waken with children running up and down the corridor this was at 6 30 am complained to the reception next morning same thing had to phone down and complain when we checked out all we got was sorry this was not good enough very disappointed in are stay at this hotel have to give it a poor rating

• Stayed: March 2014
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I'm really sorry to read that everything got off to a very bad start with the parking spaces, I can totally understand your frustration. I'm delighted to hear you were happy with your room.
We did have an Irish Dancing Feis the weekend you stayed, however, in previous years it was not particularly busy, however, this year, the attendance numbers seemed to be much higher than we anticipated. It is not acceptable that you were woken so early by children attending the feis and I apologise for that. With these events, we do pre warn the organisers that participants must consider the other guests in the hotel and be respectful, I'm sorry that on this occasion, this was not adhered to fully.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future, I can assure you that your next stay will be enjoyable.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Spent a weekend with 7 friends in this hotel. The hotel was very busy as there was a feis taking place. Despite this the staff were very efficient, friendly and could not do enough to help you. The hotel itself is lovely, warm atmosphere, very clean, beautiful rooms with very comfortable beds. The food in the bar and restaurant was excellent and good value for money. We couldn't complain about anything. Will definitely return and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I'm delighted by your comments as will our entire team be.

Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Had a fabulous weekend once again at the Mount Errigal , this is the secong time myself and my husband have stayed here! Complimentary upgeade as return customers very much appreciated! Rooms luxurious and spotless clean, cant be faulted! This stay we ate in the hotel bar, the food was wonderful and very reasonable! We will definately return, it is now our go to hotel!

Room Tip: Executive room was fantastic