2,445 results
All reviews santa experience leisure centre swimming pool family room bit dated two double beds family break enjoyable stay first class bar food bar staff staff were very friendly lovely hotel self service food was lovely groupon deal evening meal
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Our rooms were spacious clean and comfortable, staff were friendly, polite helpful esp Keith. the only disappointment was the Larger and the Guinness was poor. Our overall stay was brilliant but we dined in the yellow pepper restaurant in Letterkenny which was excellent. Well worth a visit

Room Tip: Standard rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
ErrigalSales, Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thanks a million for your positive feedback. I apologise about the Guinness, I will certainly speak to our bar manager to ensure the quality is consistent in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Warmest Regards

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I have just returned from a 4 day trip with McGinley travel to Donegal ,our hotel was the Mount Errigal in Letterkenny.My room was great, good size and spotlessly clean. From the time we arrived the friendliness of the hotel staff and their attention to guests was full of Irish warmth and hospitality .The food was plentiful and good quality however if you are looking for foreign cuisine this is not available ,it was good Irish food and plenty of it .
The hotel was quiet and peaceful at night and easy to get a good sleep.
My only minor complaint would be the poor lighting for reading in bed .Perhaps its a symptom of the kindle era ,but some of us oldies still read books !!!! It would be nice to have a reading lamp.
This hotel is great value for money and a great base for touring Donegal and Derry.
Imelda Browne

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm delighted to hear that you were very happy with most aspects of your stay.
I'm sorry to hear that reading was difficult with the lighting provided.. you have a valid point as regards the 'kindle era' because we very rarely get complaints about the lighting, however, I will certainly look into this and make improvements where possible.

Thanks again so much for your very encouraging review, it makes all our hard work & best efforts worthwhile.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel just to have a relaxing weekend and had a lovely time. Large room spotlessly clean. Staff very helpful. Took advantage of the swimming pool and jacuzzi,again very helpful fellow there. Also great value.Would certainly recommend and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor nice and quiet - twin room had two double beds - brilliant.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It makes all our hard work very worthwhile when we get a review like yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The Mount Errigal hotel surpassed my expectations. Firstly the reception staff were very polite and very welcoming a great start, our bedroom was great plenty of room two double beds iron ironing board tea/coffee making facilities and spotless clean and spacious. Food in the hotel restaurant and in Dexters was excellent, the staff throughout the hotel were friendly polie well dressed and made you feel very welcome as if you were an old friend even the owner Terry Mc Eniff was about making sure your stay was all it was meant to be. We had a great weekend here it is easy to get to a brilliant location for visiting Donegal a very relaxing stay and I would highly recommend this hotel in my opinion it is more 4 star than 3 star thankyou to management and staff for a great weekend.

Room Tip: we were in room 209 just beside reception
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your glowing review, it really made our day! Customer service & the personal touch is very important to us, as you witnessed, it comes from the top down.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Recently stayed here on a Groupon deal which was great value for money. The hotel facilities are very good, nice swimming pool, sauna etc. We ate in the bar both nights as it is a bit of a hike into town. The bar menu is very good, as is the choice for breakfast. Rooms are a great size. Only issue was that we were given a smoking room without being asked and it really smelled despite leaving window open. However, we were allowed to book in early so we didn't complain, and if we had I think they would have done their best to move us. Would recommend as a good value for money hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for smoking or non-smoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks a million for taking time to review your stay with us. I'm delighted you were very impressed with most aspects of your stay.
I'd like to apologise as regards your allocation of a smoking room. You are correct for assuming that because you came earlier than the usual check in time, that this was the reason, however, it is no excuse and I apologise - it should not have happened.

We hope you will join us again soon, our best deals are always available direct on our own website or by calling us, repeat guests are entitled to free upgrades, subject to availability.