My husband and I enjoyed a long Easter weekend in Mount Errigal. We got an excellent B&B rate from Expedia and upgraded to a superior room once we arrived having noted other trip advisor reviews regarding this.
For our extra 15 euros a night we got a cooler fridge ( perfect for our snacks and prosecco & champagne!) a king size bed and large room.
The hotel was fairly quiet on Good Friday but appeared to be at full capacity the rest of the weekend. Breakfast has a reasonable choice- nothing overly fancy but a variety of cereals and the usual Irish fry with fried eggs or scrambled egg option. It was sufficient but by the 3rd day a bit more variety would have been nice. That said, we got good value for money.
We had brought our gym gear and swimming costumes. The pool was very busy with families so we decided not to bother on this occasion. As we walked alot over the course of the weekend we didn't bother going to the gym.
The hotel is well situated. Very easily accessed on arriving into Letterkenny. Free parking. Within 2 mins by car or 10 minute walk is Arena 7 which has bowling, laserquest, pools tables, arcade games and karting. My husband and I walked up after breakfast on Saturday morning and had a game of pool and bowls when it had just opened and was quiet. I suspect later that day it would have been extremely busy.
We also walked into the town centre and shopping centre. The main street has a limited number of shops but the shopping centre seemed very popular and was very busy.
On Sunday we drove to Glenveagh national park which is 20-30 mins drive away and well worth a visit.
We also went to Century cinema during our visit- 3 mins away by car.
All in all we had an enjoyable weekend and would definitely consider going back.
The only minor issue was having to ring reception on 2 occasions to remind them to replenish our cooler fridge but once telephoned this was arranged very quickly. Staff were at all times very courteous and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a great central location, within walking distance of Letterkenny Town, this luxury 3 star hotel and state-of-the-art leisure centre is close to pubs, nightlife, shopping and theatres. Free parking and Wi-Fi. The Mount Errigal Hotel has a leisure centre with a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Mount Errigal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mount Errigal
- Mount Errigal Letterkenny
- Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal