The location and leisure centre is the only bonus for this hotel. I was so so disappointed with our stay. We checked in Saturday 31 May. When we arrived there was a wedding in the hotel so after working in the hospitality industry for over 11 years it would be reasonable to say that the lobby etc was busy. When booking the room I paid the extra money for an upgraded room and ensured that it was noted as a smoking room. When I got up to our room, the first thing that met me was the outdated décor and the navyblue and white bathroom suite that most Grandparents had in there houses at some stage. I was then met with a no smoking sign on the mirror. I straight away phoned reception and stated that I had booked a smoking room which she didn't seem to be aware of although stated on the reservation. The response I got was "Sorry we have only a limited number of smoking rooms available and they are all booked". My scenery consisted of the looking out at a dirty back yard whilst overlooking what can only be described as a white sheeted extended shed. We went for bar food in the bar MASSIVE MISTAKE!! All the wedding crowd had assembled in the ballroom for their dinner leaving 5 bar staff standing around behind the bar chatting although there was tables full of glasses both in the bar and out on the smoking terrace. I walked up to the bar & was met by a super unenthusiastic barman. I asked for a menu to order barfood, these were handed to us. After waiting for 15 minutes to get our order taken I went back up to the bar ordered two Diet cokes and asked could someone come down and take our order? (Bear in mind there was 5 behind the counter standing around). I was given two 150ml bottles of Diet Coke (not even the standard size) and charged €5.40 for them. Another 23 minutes passed before a girl came to take our order even though a table of four came in ten minutes after us & had their order placed before ours. The food was good. But the service was a disgrace. Over our two night stay only on one occasion did I see anything that resembled a manager and this was a curly haired woman who appeared for five minutes a breakfast time on Sunday morning, picked up a couple of trays gave us a half hearted smile and disappeared. The breakfast was even better (NOT), upon reading the information book in the bedroom I found that for Breakfast in bed there was a charge of €10 per person as " the hotel wanted us to join them for breakfast in order to appreciate the full extent of their continental breakfast etc.." Based on this I was expecting Breakfast to be amazing...(Wrong Again) As a vegetarian my breakfast on Monday morning consisted of a bowl of cereal and a glass of Apple Juice (orange juice undrinkable). I had to ask for Toast, tea and coffee for the two of us. The coffee was cold and the waiter gave us a basket with 1 slice of toast each in it. Up to 8.36 when we left the breakfast room on Monday morning not even the sign of a croissant never mind cheeses... Absolute Disgrace. The hotel is completely overstaffed with absolutely no organisation or leadership in any of there service departments. The leisure centre staff were extremely friendly, the facilities clean and the equipment state of the art. As a touring base for Nothern Ireland the location is ideal but if your looking for customer service Forget it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a great central location, within walking distance of Letterkenny Town, this luxury 3 star hotel and state-of-the-art leisure centre is close to pubs, nightlife, shopping and theatres. Free parking and Wi-Fi. The Mount Errigal Hotel has a leisure centre with a 20-metre swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mount Errigal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mount Errigal
- Mount Errigal Letterkenny
- Mount Errigal Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal