“Mount Errigal”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Perth
“Mount Errigal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Travelling with husband and sister so shared a room.
First impression was furnishing a little shabby however rooms were clean.
Walk in shower available.
Breakfast lovely.
Staff member Denise - very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Omagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked the Mount Errigal to celebrate my best mates recent engagement. My friend, four year old daughter and myself stayed for one night with breakfast included. Initially my first opinion was the hotel would need to refurbished to bring it's interior more up to date. In saying that the hotel is clean. The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. More than helpful and very nice especially to my daughter. We had a meal in the bar which was lovely. Breakfast was average and self service. Highly recommend the kiddies pool. Overall an enjoyable stay but not luxury.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smjf84
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our experience of this hotel was wonderful as soon as we entered the building, the staff were so helpful nothing was to much trouble that set us up for our stay for a week. Everywhere was so clean, every day we saw staff cleaning in public areas and not just hovering. The bar area was clean and service was fast and extremely efficient, some times our drinks were brought to our table for us. Food was also a wonderful experience breakfast was of buffet style plus cereals and fruit of various types all fresh. But dinner at night was mind boggling plenty of choice and so tasty and there was plenty of it. Through out the week various meats were served on your plate and vegetable came in separate dishes, I only hope that I can relive the experience again SOON. The hotel was not that far from the town or cathedral perhaps 15 minutes walk but there were plenty of taxi's for the less able as it was up hill some of the way. The entertainment was good also some of which was typical Irish music loved it all.

2 Thank Colchester30E
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed with young family for 3 nights including breakfast and dinner and found Mount Errigal great value for the money.. Only thing I feel let's it down is we stayed in a family room (125) and found the decor very dated including the bathroom and mattresses uncomfortable.. In saying that with the value deal we got and the location I would stay again..

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Letitgo3
Mullingar, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The location and leisure centre is the only bonus for this hotel. I was so so disappointed with our stay. We checked in Saturday 31 May. When we arrived there was a wedding in the hotel so after working in the hospitality industry for over 11 years it would be reasonable to say that the lobby etc was busy. When booking the room I paid the extra money for an upgraded room and ensured that it was noted as a smoking room. When I got up to our room, the first thing that met me was the outdated décor and the navyblue and white bathroom suite that most Grandparents had in there houses at some stage. I was then met with a no smoking sign on the mirror. I straight away phoned reception and stated that I had booked a smoking room which she didn't seem to be aware of although stated on the reservation. The response I got was "Sorry we have only a limited number of smoking rooms available and they are all booked". My scenery consisted of the looking out at a dirty back yard whilst overlooking what can only be described as a white sheeted extended shed. We went for bar food in the bar MASSIVE MISTAKE!! All the wedding crowd had assembled in the ballroom for their dinner leaving 5 bar staff standing around behind the bar chatting although there was tables full of glasses both in the bar and out on the smoking terrace. I walked up to the bar & was met by a super unenthusiastic barman. I asked for a menu to order barfood, these were handed to us. After waiting for 15 minutes to get our order taken I went back up to the bar ordered two Diet cokes and asked could someone come down and take our order? (Bear in mind there was 5 behind the counter standing around). I was given two 150ml bottles of Diet Coke (not even the standard size) and charged €5.40 for them. Another 23 minutes passed before a girl came to take our order even though a table of four came in ten minutes after us & had their order placed before ours. The food was good. But the service was a disgrace. Over our two night stay only on one occasion did I see anything that resembled a manager and this was a curly haired woman who appeared for five minutes a breakfast time on Sunday morning, picked up a couple of trays gave us a half hearted smile and disappeared. The breakfast was even better (NOT), upon reading the information book in the bedroom I found that for Breakfast in bed there was a charge of €10 per person as " the hotel wanted us to join them for breakfast in order to appreciate the full extent of their continental breakfast etc.." Based on this I was expecting Breakfast to be amazing...(Wrong Again) As a vegetarian my breakfast on Monday morning consisted of a bowl of cereal and a glass of Apple Juice (orange juice undrinkable). I had to ask for Toast, tea and coffee for the two of us. The coffee was cold and the waiter gave us a basket with 1 slice of toast each in it. Up to 8.36 when we left the breakfast room on Monday morning not even the sign of a croissant never mind cheeses... Absolute Disgrace. The hotel is completely overstaffed with absolutely no organisation or leadership in any of there service departments. The leisure centre staff were extremely friendly, the facilities clean and the equipment state of the art. As a touring base for Nothern Ireland the location is ideal but if your looking for customer service Forget it.

Room Tip: A different Hotel- My bed sheet had what looked like purple ink stains on the bottom sheet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank nicki05
Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

we went for a break to chill out and were delighted to find out when we arrived that highland radio were putting on a big show that night we thoroughly enjoyed it. our stay was very pleasant and our evening meals were lovely sorry to say the breakfasts were not very good. the scrabbled egg was really bad. apart from that we had a very pleasant time. the room was very clean and comfortable. please let me know in future if there are country singers or bands playing i would definately go back.

CO. DOWN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband, son and I had the pleasure of staying for one night in this hotel. Check-in was fast and reception staff were courteous and very friendly. We stayed in room 350 which was spotlessly clean. It had two doubles beds with fresh white linens, tea/coffee making facilities, TV and lovely bathroom. It was very quiet at night.
We used the leisure facilities- pool , jacuzzi etc and were very pleased. Breakfast was self-service and very enjoyable.
My only complaint is that we could not stay longer.
I highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Staff will do their best to accommodate your requests. Just ask at the time of booking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family