“Lovely meal”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The Donegal MS branch organised dinner in the Mount Errigal Hotel after a day out at Ulster American Folk Park. We had a lovely meal , very good service and very pleasant staff. The Hotel was very busy with a big wedding on but we were very well catered for.

Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Mount Errigal Hotel

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Good location for those who wish to be close to the town itself. The food was lovely in this hotel although at dinner the staff left us for long periods of time especially when we were waiting to order. One of the staff in particular at dinner was very helpful and friendly (I think her name was Siobhan) The Bar is lovely and had some great live music playing. Unfortunately I did not sleep well at all as my bed was like a brick, you would really have to like a very firm mattress to get some sleep. The buffet breakfast was fantastic and I think was the best part of my stay, The food was all so tasty and there was so much choice

Room Tip: Book your dinner slot before you arrive as they were very busy when we got there
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sazoo82
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for the 2nd time on the 12th of April (first time was over Christmas so we thought the bad service was due to busy period)
First of all I got "told off" for change my dates we got this for my parents as a Xmas gift and my mother took sick so told us to go in their place. I rang to tell ask the hotel if this was ok but as a new mother that date did not suit as it felt to early to leave my little girl. I rang and explain to them and the girl Orla told me this was the last time I could change it :@ as if I was a child not only did I pay for this but we also got an other couple to join us so we were paying customers!!!

Arriving we had to wait 5mintues to be checked in as they where busy chatting.....

The room we were putting was small dark and facing the pool!
Woke up by the cleaners taken rubbish out was horrible!

Breakfast was ok nothing special DONT get the rubber eggs!
I had to ask both mornings for coffee and toast both mornings we waited more than 15mins we had our breakfast ate by the time it came!

I go to letterkenny 3/4 times a year but next time I will be back to the raddison blue or Gallaghers <<< the service in them is outstanding compared to this hotel :D

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank amandacraw
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Was in the hotel for a wedding at the weekend! Staff are friendly, rooms are spotless and beds were comfortable but the heat in the rooms were stifling. There was a thermostat but it was not adjustable and there were no visible vents!

We spoke to other guests who were at the wedding and they had the same issue!

The wedding was fantastic though!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank donegaljoe
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have to say the staff are so helpful and friendly. Room was very clean and spacious and bed so comfortable. We had a lot to choose from the buffet breakfast. Have stayed here before and would definitely recommend. Hopefully we will get to stay longer than an overnight stay next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosieSligo
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Travelling with husband and sister so shared a room.
First impression was furnishing a little shabby however rooms were clean.
Walk in shower available.
Breakfast lovely.
Staff member Denise - very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked the Mount Errigal to celebrate my best mates recent engagement. My friend, four year old daughter and myself stayed for one night with breakfast included. Initially my first opinion was the hotel would need to refurbished to bring it's interior more up to date. In saying that the hotel is clean. The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly. More than helpful and very nice especially to my daughter. We had a meal in the bar which was lovely. Breakfast was average and self service. Highly recommend the kiddies pool. Overall an enjoyable stay but not luxury.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family