“Excellent Hotel. Couldnt Fault it!”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Derry, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel. Couldnt Fault it!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Have stayed in this hotel on occasions and have always thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My recent visit was no different. Staff are always very pleasant and nothing is too much to ask. Rooms are always immaculate and comfortable. Food is first class and I recommend trying something from their Josper Grill!!! The Mount Errigal is a very family orientated hotel and my son always has a ball when we stay. Definately worth visting!!

2 Thank Cathryn B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
newry
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just had a lovely weekend here. Check in was fast and very friendly. Family room was spacious had two double beds and was clean and fresh. Breakfast was good, but staff were slow to clear away bowls and plates from tables. We had a family meal which was really good. Could find nothing to complain about at all! Would stay again!

Room Tip: Request a room at back of hotel away from the road.
3 Thank NewryFefe
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have to stay in Hotels quite a lot due to my Job and have stayed in many 4* and even 5* Hotels so I was not expecting much here but I have to say I was really impressed considering the price of our stay! The room was very clean, much cleaner than some of my 5* experiences! The Staff were brilliant with us and the food was superb! They done my steak to perfection just the way I asked and im very fussy when it comes to my steak. They were very happy to recommend local bars after asking me a few quick questions on the type of entertainment I prefer. The manager Carolynne was brilliant with us and even asked us personally If we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything she could do for us. I will be going back to The Mount Errigal for sure and I will also be recommending this excellent Hotel to my family and friends!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank murso3683
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I recently went to letterkenny having come up to wonderful donegal with my family. From the moment we got into the hotel we were made to feel at home with the most pleasant staff I've ever come across in a hotel - all the more suprising since the reception staff were busy dealing with a coach party of elderly people that had just arrived. My son loved the big open fire in the reception and was given a colouring set while I checked in (a nice wee touch). The room was spacious and very clean and with a tv that had perfect reception (nothing worse than having a tv with poor reception when you're trying to entertain kids at night). We went to the bar for dinner and the food was lovely and once again the kids soup and mash came out first without even asking - once again another small thing but something most parents would agree make a big difference. After dinner we went to the pool which although small was perfect for the kids. The hotel was close to the town and petfect for a wee stroll around the nearby shops. Overall an excellent experience from an offer we booked online - would definitely recommend and look forward to coming back to letterkenny soon!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank johnnyboy1955
belfast
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I recently stayed In the Mount Errigle and I have to say that my experience was so positive that I am obliged to write this review, From the minute I walked in the door I was taken back by how friendly each and every staff member was, Nothing I requested was any trouble for them, Which is what really makes a hotel experience, Reading other reviews, I am wondering if the people that wrote them are delousinal or just have a vendetta against this hotel or it's staff members for an unknown reason, as there is no way the staff could have treated me so differently to others, The staff are just naturally helpful and pleasant. The food, rooms, bar and general service are more than up to scratch from all aspects. I will certainly be staying in the mount Errigle again as the experience I had was nothing but 5 stars from start to Finnish.

Room Tip: 324 to 349 are the best rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank belfast535
Dumbarton, Scotland
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Mount Errigal for 3 nights as part of a coach trip with my family. Check in fast and room spacious and clean. Food was great especially the breakfast which is a buffet style. Ordered food from the bar which was delicious. The staff are extremely friendly and I need to highlight one in particular, Keith who served our food in the bar on Sunday night. He took the time to speak to us and made a fuss over our little girl. He clearly enjoys his job and it shows. The leisure centre is good with inflatable time which my little girl loved. Will definately return in the future.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Pauline K
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just back from a long weekend break with my hubby and two daughters. Booked the special family 3nights DB&B and we were not disappointed! Staff at reception gave us a very warm welcome (especially Orla & Roberta). We upgraded to an executive family room which was on the 6th floor. Very comfortable and selflessly clean. Was at the back of the hotel which was nice and quiet although a nicer view would have been good! Food was fantastic and great value for money. Girls especially enjoyed the swimming pool in particular the fun hour in the morning! They also enjoyed the entertainment by Benny, Mount Errigal`s Cheeky Monkey!! The restaurant staff were very helpful and pleasant. Couldn't say a bad word about anything! Can't understand anyone posting negative comments! We had a very enjoyable stay and look forward to visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back on the 6th floor.(602) Not particularly good view but was nice and quiet.
3 Thank jen62014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Clanree Hotel
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Mulroy Woods Hotel
Mulroy Woods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milford

Been to Mount Errigal Hotel? Share your experiences!