“Fantastic service”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We found the level of service from start to finish the be fantastic. The reception staff, restaurant staff and management were all friendly and eager to be of assistance. We found the place to be extremely well managed and all staff seemed to work in cohesion. The room wad very spacious and clean. The food was fantastic, however we found portions to be a little too large. The facilities are top class - for a hotel, the gym facilities were excellent. Letterkenny has little to offer, however Glenveagh National Park (30 minutes away) is great. Will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I went to the Errigle as part of a hen party in June, as with many stays away, it can take just one thing to make or break the trip.

We had stayed on the Sex & The City hen party offer, and took advantage of an extra night. With the offer we were to get a 3 course dinner, cocktails and a cupcake, and something else for the bride to be (I think).

The group had arranged to go have the 3 course dinner on our first night there so in Sex & The City style we were to wear our party dresses to dinner. Dinner went well, and the cocktails (minus the cupcakes) were brought out. The waiter had about 9/10 left on his tray when he accidentally dropped them on me (boy were they cold). In order to not make the guy feel too bad, I tried making a joke of it saying I was ok, and so we sat on, while everyone else had their cocktails. When the bill came, we were sort of thinking that because of the spill (and in way of a good will gesture) that something would be taken off the bill, it wasn't (nor, may I add was a complimentary drink offered at the time). As my dress was drenched and sticky, there was no going out on the town that night, just a shower and a night in.
The next morning after breakfast, the bride mentioned to the receptionist that we hadn't received our cupcakes and about the whole drinks incident. Reception was surprised to hear what had happened, as they said the restaurant would normally say if something like that had happened. They said they would sort out our cupcakes, and do something to make up for the spill later on.

Skip to 5-ish and one of the Bridesmaids tells us to be in the lobby(or bar for a certain time, I can't remember it now) for the cupcakes. We had assumed the something else promised earlier would be there too. We waited a short while for the cupcakes, which were absolutely freezing and hard because of it, ate them or ate the parts of them we liked and headed out as we had taxis waiting. There was no sign of anything else.

We checked out the next morning, and I mentioned about the spill again, to which the receptionist told us to wait for the manager. My sister and I met the manager, and we said again what had happened and that no one had done anything, and now we were about to head off. She apologised, then offered us a meal but we said we were leaving (again), offered us a drink (we said again we were leaving), and offered to have my dress dry-cleaned which would have been alright had we not been from Belfast. We were probably putting her in a tight spot, but her apology only seemed half hearted (my opinion) she did ask what she could do, and I wasn't cheeky enough to ask for money back. It was left that she said she had my details (I wasn't really sure, but turns out she hadn't) and she would send me on a voucher, if we should ever want to come again.

A month later not a peep from them, the girl who had organised the hen do had also heard nothing, so I email them to see what's happening. I got a very fast response from someone on reception, who asked for my details which I then sent to them, another receptionist replied saying it would be passed on to the manager and she would sort something out. It is now a month since then, and I haven't received anything or heard from the manager. I'm glad I didn't leave the dress for dry-cleaning as I may never have seen it again.

I know this doesn't seem like a big thing to complain about, but I don't think I was out of line expecting them to have done something in the first place, like taking some money off our bill. The receptionist girls seemed so eager to help, but it just felt like the buck was passed and we were forgotten about. I think if they had really intended on sending a voucher out, it should have been here by now. So if you complain, you need to complain a lot, it seems, before anything is done about it. I don't believe it should be up to the customer in this case, the hotel should already have guidelines of what to do (unless the guidelines say to ignore the problem). It ruined the weekend, the only thing that made up for it was the rest of the girls there.

I probably overlooked a lot of good things at the hotel, but below are some tips points from the weekend:

In a heat wave, note there is no air conditioning, so make sure you have a good draft from the windows.

Breakfast isn't bad, but there isn't much to drink
If there is a wedding on, the place will be packed
If you are walking up a corridor and the lights haven't come on, just walk up a bit further til you reach the sensor.
Sometimes the toilets smell, if you aren't going to complain just close the bathroom door, it pretty much stops the smell.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank Heath_Mcc
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in the Mount Errigal Hotel for two days to attend a family wedding. The hotel was excellent and the staff were friendly and attentive. The wedding banquet held in the hotel was also very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from a/c unit noise
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Glad we choose this part of Ireland your hotel and accommodation was first class the staff were
great and as i have a disability they made my stay easy and very enjoyable i will return

Rose C..

Room Tip: We got a room with walk in shower just ask for this when you book
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Mayo
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed in the Mount Errigal and enjoyed every moment. Our family room was clean and spacious even with an extra bed. The staff were friendly and helpful and live music in the bar at night which the children loved too. A very family orientated hotel and central to the town. We will be back again in the very near future.

• Stayed July 2014
County Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just back from a two day stay at the hotel, 2 nights B&B with one evening meal package for 2 kids , hubby and myself , as well as 2 couples (In laws) ... Some of the highs first ... We found the food really nice at the evening meal ...Some of the staff are really lovely , especially one of the receptionists (didn't catch her name) who was very helpful after our very stressful check-In ...the girls in the bar and restaurant also lovely ... Swimming pool was great and changing rooms clean and well organised , again staff there were great . Hotel itself in a great location . First night (Weds) there was entertainment , 2nd night background music in the bar . Toilets in all areas lovely and clean . The hotel itself is nice .
We booked with a 3rd party and this is were the problem started ... Although the deposit was taken and booking confirmed via email for 3 rooms (family and 2 doubles) when we arrived we were told only 2 rooms were available ... Was really stressful after a days travelling with 2 kids , and as the hotel was fully booked the 2 couples had to 'buddy up' and share 1 room ... (Both couples enjoy their privacy , so this was awkward however options were few as the town was extremely busy and other hotels also seemed full) One of the receptionists was not very helpful at check in initially , and we were told the mess was due to booking with a 3rd party company, and that even though we had printed email booking confirmation that we should have booked directly with them , not really what paying guests want to hear (we felt like scolded children to be honest ) ...so maybe book direct with the hotel if you're thinking of booking ... In fairness another more senior and helpful receptionist tried her best to find a solution and was really embarrassed about the situation , and next day offered a room which became available. She was great ...hotel is lucky to have her !! We also received complimentary dinner on the first evening for everyone in our group because of the hiccup which was a decent gesture from the hotel.
Our family room was clean but very dark as it was located under an arch which seemed to be the walkway for the leisure centre ...we weren't in the room much so it didn't really bother us ...but avoid room 123 if you want a nice view or bright room . Big room though and beds are comfy .
Breakfast was a bit crazy to be honest ... Not very organised and lots of empty uncleared tables ..both mornings we had to ask for tables to be cleared for us ...wouldn't blame the girls , I just think they're not getting direction ...maybe the chap walking around asking if everything's ok could give the girls a bit of a hand , or a little guidance ... Might help ? Although the food lovely and again the girls were nice and friendly ...
I would probably return to the hotel though if I'm in Letterkenny again ... But next time I would book directly with the hotel , and ask for a brighter room . Thanks to the receptionist who went out of her way to make up for the checkin nightmare ...appreciate it .

Room Tip: Room 123 is a big family room but very dark with no view .... Maybe ask for a 2nd floor room to the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rois22
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here recently for one night, sat. The staff where very accommodating and friendly. Food was fantastic with great variety on offer. We enjoyed the look and feel of this hotel especially, very comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Breakfast was also fantastic with a variety of healthy options as well as a tasty fry! rooms basic but comfortable and clean. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi where built in to price of our room. Great for relaxing the mind n body. Cant fault this hotel at all. definitely be back.

Room Tip: We choose the lovers date night which included fresh strawberries n chocolate in our room. Dinner (4...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple