“Best Hotel in Ireland!”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This is my second time staying at the Mount Errigal Hotel and I was equally impressed! I stayed here last September and since then I tried out some other hotels in Letterkenny...not one of the other hotels are a 'patch' on this one. When I approached the desk Maeve welcomed me back..I could not believe she actually remembered me! She also used my name throughout check in and gave me discounts for bowling.
When we came back from a taking the children swimming, Maeve informed me that the hotel is about to put on a free cinema for the kids, my husband and I were delighted! We were able to relax with a glass of wine while the kids were kept busy!
The hotel's atmosphere was great, they must have been fully booked because the car park was full when we arrived but they have an additional car park over the road so it wasn't a problem.
Our Bedroom was spotless, spacious and fresh, I noticed that they got new flatscreens too which were great. We dined in the hotel restaurant the first night and again, I was very impressed, Shiloe our server was very friendly, great at her job...she also gave us little games and colouring pens to keep the kids happy. The food in this hotel is top class, compliments to the chef, the menu also has an excellent selection.
The next day we had the carvery lunch which was also fantastic and very reasonable - I can see why this hotel is always busy, top class food, service, excellent bedrooms, excellent leisure centre and all the staff really go out of their way to impress the customer.
Every time I am here, Terry McEniff who owns the hotel makes a point of speaking to us, I see that he speaks to every guests, I think this is excellent and is part of the reason this hotel is so good because the owners have an active role and they want to get to know their customers!

I have already booked for August!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Hotellover24

Reviewed 13 July 2010

we stayed for 2 nights with bed and breakfast and one evening meal .The restaurant was not busy on the Saturday night but yet the waiting staff seemed to be under a great deal of pressure. We had already eaten our starters and had to ask for the bottle of wine we ordered twice. The menu we were given had mussels as a selection for starter which they didnt have and the main course we ordered veal , which they also didnt have , despite it being 7.30 in the evening . The room 102 was on the ground floor and was fairly clean although as it was a smoking room you would assume that an ashtray would be provided ?? The bathroom was very disappointing to say the least . The shower head sprayed water out over the top of the shower screen and very little water came down from it , making it impossible to have a shower without turning the bathroom into a swimming pool ! We did point this out to reception the next morning and asked if it could be looked at whilst we were out for the day. On our return we assumed that the shower had been fixed although there had been no feedback to say whether it had been fixed or not , but soon found out that it had not been when a shower was attempted . On discussion with reception on check out they did take some money off the bill for this as compensation . The Hotel reception area , bar and restaurant are very nice areas its a shame that the room was not up to the same standard. On a plus side the food from the bistro was lovely and much better than the meal we had the previous evening in the restaurant . Breakfast was not up to the standard I would expect for such a hotel . Im afraid this would not be Hotel that I would recommend to friends and family

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2010

Dear Leah

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Firstly, I would like to apologise regarding the issues you raised, it is not often that we get such complaints (in comparison to the other recent reviews on Tripadvisor).
The weekend you stayed we were actually fully booked resulting in our restaurant being very busy from 5pm, I'm sorry that you could not get certain things on the menu that evening, the Mussels turned out to be very popular with an earlier (very large) group of diners so we ran out unfortunately. As regards the Wine, I apologise about your wait, we have since spoken to our team in the restaurant to ensure that this does not happen again.

You mentioned the Shower in your bathroom, having checked with reception it has been recorded that you only mentioned this issue on checkout, had you have mentioned it sooner we certainly would have fixed it or moved you to an alternative room.

Thank you for your positive comments on our Food, Lobby, Restaurant and Bar. You mentioned that our Reception team discounted your bill on check out without question when you mentioned the problem with the shower - I hope that would encourage you to return because this proves that had you mentioned any of the above complaints during your stay, we would have tried our best to rectify them.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and it was BRILLANT! the rooms were clean with flat screen tvs we had breakfast in the mornings and there was a big selection to choose from. My children were using the pool and said it was very good. The staff were very friendly and helpful the bar in the hotel is good. This is one of the best hotels i have stayed in and u i hope to go back again

1  Thank Brenda_Ki

Dear Brenda

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed our spacious clean bedrooms, our new 32 inch HD ready LCD Flat Screen Tv's and Sumptuous Buffet Breakfast!

Thank you very much for your comments regarding us being one of the best hotel's you have stayed in, our managers & staff will be delighted by your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed in the Mount Errigal for 3 nights and it was a brilliant experience, It was clean and well presented. The beds where comfortable and seemed new, The food was excellent and the staff where very friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel to a friend and will no doubt be back again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank belfast535
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2010

Thank you for your glowing review following your recent stay, we are delighted that we made your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Having never been at the Mount Errigal before, i thought i would try the hotel out after being recommended by a friend. First impressions on booking in with a few friends were great. Hotel staff, i felt were friendly and extremely helpful. Any enquiries and they were only too happy to help. The hotel was beautifully furnished and i was particularly struck by the reception area which was huge in size and furnished grandly. The hotel rooms were lovely and we took advantage of the hotels facilities. The leisure centre was impressive and the beauty and spa facility only made our stay moreso enjoyable. The hotels location was perfect, within walking distant of the town centre were we could take advantage of the nightlife and shopping! As for meals, we ate all of our meals in the hotel as we all felt the high standard and quality of the food would be hard to beat elsewhere. The hotel, i feel would appeal to people of all ages and to people with different interests as the atmosphere can be both lively and entertaining and quiet and relaxing in different areas of the hotel. Beacuse of this i would definately recommend the hotel to others. The atmosphere was amazing and inclusive, the staff were sociable and friendly and my time at the hotel was spent well. Myself as well as my friends have truly enjoyed their stay and we will definately be returning.

Chloe

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Analyser_11

Hi Chloe

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with us. I had great pleasure in showing this to our excellent team of staff, who really appreciate feedback and who always endeavour to create an enjoyable experience for all our guests, our motto at the Mount Errigal Hotel is 'We are Ladies & Gentlemen serving Ladies & Gentlemen', this exemplifies the anticipatory service our staff provide.
You mentioned lobby area, this is a delightful space where guests can relax, read a book or have a coffee without feeling overlooked, the space, as you say is very large yet very 'cosy' - in the Winter we light our large open fire which is loved by many of our regular guests. I am also very happy with regards to your positive comments about the standard of our food - Food is a great passion of ours and we often get great reviews on it.

I look forward to welcoming you again

Reviewed 27 June 2010

My Partner and I needed a break away, I heard good reviews about the Mount Errigal Hotel so we decided to spend the wknd there. was not disappointed.Thought the prices were reasonable. The room was huge and very clean. Food was good even managed to go for a swim which was v.relaxing. Partner thought the bar was great! We both really enjoyed are stay - will be recommending to family and friends X

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweetTears

Hi Sweet Tears

Thank you for your recent Review of the Mount Errigal Hotel. I am delighted that you and your partner had an enjoyable, relaxing stay with us. Thank you for your comments on our spacious, impeccably clean bedrooms. The Bar is a great asset in our Hotel with its Ceiling to Ground Windows and in the Winter we light our Large Open Fire!

We look forward to welcoming you both again soon

Kind Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Staying at the Mount Errigal Hotel was a very pleasurable experience, the service i received from the moment we checked in until we left was superb. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and tidy and well mantained, this was evident throughout the hotel. The food served in both the bistro and the restruant was top notch and it did not matter what time of day it was either.
This hotel was centrally located to the town center, shopping and nightlife was easily accessible from this location, which was fantastic for the purposes of our trip. Also the leisure facilities available were great after a hard night on the town, we could relax in the pool and jacuzzi the next day.

We would recomend the hotel to anyone looking for a nice break in Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephengolly

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am happy that you experienced the excellent service provided by our fantastic team of staff, we are very lucky to have such a dedicated team! From your review I assume you sampled our famous Carvery Lunch, it is very popular and we often get great reviews on it. I'm also glad that you found our location perfect for exploring all that Letterkenny & Donegal has to offer in Pubs, Clubs, Shopping and Natural Beauty.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon