“a relaxing top notch hotel,excellent food and great service,highly reccommended!!..”

Mount Errigal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
coalisland
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This is a very classy hotel, relaxing and the perfect place for a getaway break.The food was great, i highly recommend the bar food. And no better way to start the day than with a delicious breakfast with all u could eat. My partner found the health suite, swimming pool and gym very impressive. It was situated in a quiet area. It was very close to the town. Also the staff were very helpful and friendly. All in all it was a ten outa ten break. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 20 July 2010

great dinner offers from Mon till Thursday,great base for touring,lovely helpful staff and food was brilliant,staff didnt have a clue about wine though I ordered a white and they kept bringing red and then small bottles

derry
Reviewed 20 July 2010

i have stayed in many hotels with my husband and kids over the last few years and this was by far the best.the service was excellent and the staff were extremely friendly.the rooms were of good size and i found it really clean.anything that was requested of staff was done immediately and with pleasure and the facilities in the building were amazing. everything u could possible want and more is in this hotel.the only downside was that i had to come home!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tonyawebb
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
Dear Tonya

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay, we are delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Thank you very much for naming us as one of the best hotels you have stayed in, that is a great compliment and we really appreciate it. I am glad you found our service and staff to be great, they will be delighted to read your review.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon

Belfast
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed here 2 nights, 11/12th July, and the hotel was fully booked for the week, as there were requests at reception when we were checking in to move rooms. They could not be accommadated because of this. We stayed here previously in Oct 05, so there were bound to be some changes in the Hotel. We were allocated a ground floor room, facing the car park, which wasn't the most private....The room was a good size, but the 2 double beds were extremely small, and too soft and the pillows, even using 2, useless. The bathroom was very small, with signs of wear around the bath, the toliet roll holder came off the wall! I reported the lights in the room to reception on the Mon, and some were fixed when we returned to the room, but still were flickering. Prob an electrical fault. It was lovely to be woken before 8am by the children next door bouncing off the walls.....Breakfast was very good considering.....plenty to choose from and warm. But the clientele......I was constantly elbowed in the back trying to get breakfast on the Tues morning,.due to breakfast being self service, when I asked the offfending person what was she doing, she laughed and said she knew she was doing it!! Again, I can't fault the hotel and the staff, who were remarkably cheery considering the free for all going on with the screaming families....Foolishly we would never have dreamt the hotel would be so busy, it's fine for families, but certainly not for couples expecting a relaxing breakfast....I wouldn't rule out another visit, but will have to try and get when all the school are returned!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very sorry that you were not overly impressed with certain aspects of your room. The room you stayed in is the older part of the hotel and we are currently in the process of refurbishing these rooms in blocks.
I apologise that you experienced noise from adjacent bedrooms in the morning, I would also like to apologise as regards the other guest at breakfast. I am disapoointed as regards the headline of your review because you mentioned that you could not 'fault' the hotel or staff and that you would return so I assume your headline is relating to the other guest at Breakfast.

I really do hope you give us another chance in the future, we are a very large hotel with 140 bedrooms, large leisure centre comprising 22m Pool, Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, Gym & Spa, we also have 9 purpose built conference and events suite - it can get very busy at peak times which adds to the atmosphere of the hotel.

N.Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Just back from this hotel stayed 1 nite. On arrival I was impressed with reception! But unfortunarely our room was not wot I hoped 4!! Badly in need of a facelift!! Wallpaper grubby bathroom wasnt the cleaniest, and i,m not a fussy person by any means!! Table in room only fit 4 the scrap heap Furniture badly in need of a upgrade. Double beds smallest ever!! On the good points the breakfast was lovely and staff very nice!! Pool area was great and great looking gym (if ur energetic)!! I definately would go back if rooms were updated abit!!

Also will management do something about smokers standing in the entrance way!! I walked by and smelt of smoke 4 a couple of hours and theyre reception also stinks of smoke, even r taxi driver was saying other people always complain!! Im not anti smokers but surely they should not stand at the front door were people and children have 2 walk through!! Improve rooms and smoking and u<d have a great hotel

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Firstly I would like to apologise as regards your comments on the bedroom you stayed in - had you mentioned this to us during your stay we would have immediately rectified the situation. Its not often we get complaints about cleanliness in comparison to the other recent reviews on Tripadvisor.

You will be delighted to know that we are currently in the process of updating some of our bedrooms, we recently compeleted refurbishment on a number of bedrooms, suites and public areas such as Bar, Restaurant and Lobby.
Thank you for your kind comments as regards our sumptuousBuffet Breakfast, Excellent Leisure facilities comprising 22m Pool, Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi & Gymnasium. I'm also delighted that you said you would certainly return in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2010

This is my second time staying at the Mount Errigal Hotel and I was equally impressed! I stayed here last September and since then I tried out some other hotels in Letterkenny...not one of the other hotels are a 'patch' on this one. When I approached the desk Maeve welcomed me back..I could not believe she actually remembered me! She also used my name throughout check in and gave me discounts for bowling.
When we came back from a taking the children swimming, Maeve informed me that the hotel is about to put on a free cinema for the kids, my husband and I were delighted! We were able to relax with a glass of wine while the kids were kept busy!
The hotel's atmosphere was great, they must have been fully booked because the car park was full when we arrived but they have an additional car park over the road so it wasn't a problem.
Our Bedroom was spotless, spacious and fresh, I noticed that they got new flatscreens too which were great. We dined in the hotel restaurant the first night and again, I was very impressed, Shiloe our server was very friendly, great at her job...she also gave us little games and colouring pens to keep the kids happy. The food in this hotel is top class, compliments to the chef, the menu also has an excellent selection.
The next day we had the carvery lunch which was also fantastic and very reasonable - I can see why this hotel is always busy, top class food, service, excellent bedrooms, excellent leisure centre and all the staff really go out of their way to impress the customer.
Every time I am here, Terry McEniff who owns the hotel makes a point of speaking to us, I see that he speaks to every guests, I think this is excellent and is part of the reason this hotel is so good because the owners have an active role and they want to get to know their customers!

I have already booked for August!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Hotellover24
londonderry
Reviewed 13 July 2010

we stayed for 2 nights with bed and breakfast and one evening meal .The restaurant was not busy on the Saturday night but yet the waiting staff seemed to be under a great deal of pressure. We had already eaten our starters and had to ask for the bottle of wine we ordered twice. The menu we were given had mussels as a selection for starter which they didnt have and the main course we ordered veal , which they also didnt have , despite it being 7.30 in the evening . The room 102 was on the ground floor and was fairly clean although as it was a smoking room you would assume that an ashtray would be provided ?? The bathroom was very disappointing to say the least . The shower head sprayed water out over the top of the shower screen and very little water came down from it , making it impossible to have a shower without turning the bathroom into a swimming pool ! We did point this out to reception the next morning and asked if it could be looked at whilst we were out for the day. On our return we assumed that the shower had been fixed although there had been no feedback to say whether it had been fixed or not , but soon found out that it had not been when a shower was attempted . On discussion with reception on check out they did take some money off the bill for this as compensation . The Hotel reception area , bar and restaurant are very nice areas its a shame that the room was not up to the same standard. On a plus side the food from the bistro was lovely and much better than the meal we had the previous evening in the restaurant . Breakfast was not up to the standard I would expect for such a hotel . Im afraid this would not be Hotel that I would recommend to friends and family

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
ErrigalSales, Sales & Marketing Manager at Mount Errigal Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2010
Dear Leah

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Firstly, I would like to apologise regarding the issues you raised, it is not often that we get such complaints (in comparison to the other recent reviews on Tripadvisor).
The weekend you stayed we were actually fully booked resulting in our restaurant being very busy from 5pm, I'm sorry that you could not get certain things on the menu that evening, the Mussels turned out to be very popular with an earlier (very large) group of diners so we ran out unfortunately. As regards the Wine, I apologise about your wait, we have since spoken to our team in the restaurant to ensure that this does not happen again.

You mentioned the Shower in your bathroom, having checked with reception it has been recorded that you only mentioned this issue on checkout, had you have mentioned it sooner we certainly would have fixed it or moved you to an alternative room.

Thank you for your positive comments on our Food, Lobby, Restaurant and Bar. You mentioned that our Reception team discounted your bill on check out without question when you mentioned the problem with the shower - I hope that would encourage you to return because this proves that had you mentioned any of the above complaints during your stay, we would have tried our best to rectify them.

Warmest Regards