This was our second time to stay in Castlegrove and it honestly felt like we were returning home. Once you open the front door it feels like you are entering a home and not a hotel. Staff are all very friendly, attentive yet discreat and they are all locals which makes all the difference.
Our dining experience was excellent. You are invited to relax in the drawing room by the fire to look through the menu and enjoy a drink before you are brought to your table. It's a rare find but these simple touches add to the whole experience.
Our meal lived up to the "michelin recommend" standard. We had Hake and Fillet steak and they were both cooked to perfection.
Our room was superb and we felt like lord and lady for the night.
We highly recommend Castlegrove if you want peace, relaxation and extremely high standards all round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Grove House is a 4 star hotel (Georgian house) and award winning restaurant which overlooks Lough Swilly and welcomes you into a relaxed atmosphere of comfort and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castle Grove Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Grove Country Hotel
- Castle Grove Country House Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal