Wow, what a delight! I can't believe I'm the first person on tripadvisor to have stayed here. Y'all are missing out on one of Ireland's best kept secrets.
Castle Grove is an old mansion converted into a small country house run by Mrs. Sweeney, who lives in the house next to the bridal suite. It's located about 40 mins from Derry with a view of Lough Swilly and a sheep farm; watch very carefully for the signs to get there.
The house has all the charm of its 1695 construction. Rooms are filled with period antiques and well-decorated with elegant furniture and, in our room, a giant four-poster canopy bed. The bathrooms actually have conditioner, which is such a rare find in Europe!
Staff are friendly almost to the point of fault; if you walk in and they ask if you have a reservation, make it clear that you have a *hotel* reservation, else they will sit you in the drawing room and give you a dinner menu while not mentioning that they couldn't find your "reservation" for dinner.
Prices are not listed online, but this is probably the best value hotel I've ever visited over the course of several trips to Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castle Grove House is a 4 star hotel (Georgian house) and award winning restaurant which overlooks Lough Swilly and welcomes you into a relaxed atmosphere of comfort and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Castle Grove Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Grove Country Hotel
- Castle Grove Country House Hotel Letterkenny, County Donegal