Hillcrest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Letterkenny
See available hotels
Arnolds Hotel(Dunfanaghy)
Beach Hotel(Downings)
The Carrigart(Carrigart)
Hotel Loch Altan(Gortahork)
Tory Ostan Thoraig(Letterkenny)
Frewin House(Ramelton)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2008

My family and I stayed at the Hillcrest House in Letterkenny for 4 nights from 27th July - 31st July. My family have been to Letterkenny a few times and it was my task to find us somewhere to stay so I used Trip Advisor and found this fantastic B & B!
We arrived and were welcomed by Martin Anderson, the host.
We were shown to our rooms which were very clean and comfortable with en-suite bathroom and t.v.
As we had been travelling for most of the day he invited us downstairs to the 'guest room' when we were settled. He made us tea and even gave myself and my sister a nice glass of wine, nice after a long day travelling!
The breakfasts made by Martin were fantastic, he had a great selection you will not go hungry!! Try the jam it's homemade, I loved it so much Martin even made me a jar of it to take home with me!
Martin also cooks dinner for you if you give him some notice. We had dinner twice in the B & B and they were without doubt the best meals we had!!
My dad wanted to try Sea Bass which was not on the menu but Martin just said 'leave it with me', 'not a problem', that night he cooked us a lovely meal including my dad's Sea Bass!
He also cooked a Thai Curry for us another night which was delicious.
Overall we had a great time in Letterkenny, Hillcrest House was the best part of our trip due to Martin's hospitality, funny stories and cooking!
I would reccomend this place to anyone and when we return to Letterkenny this is the only place we will stay...

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 June 2008

Our stay at the Hill Crest House was awesome! Martin, the owner, met us at the door, offered to help with the luggage for five people, asked if we were hungry, then invited us to come to the "family room" for a drink and some good chat time. We were exhausted at the time, but he was so entertaining and friendly that we could not pass up the opportunity. Boy, are we glad we did! We met one of the neatest people of our whole 11 day vacation. We had three twenty-something young adults with us and they had a blast visiting with Martin. We stayed up way too late talking, listening, and laughing.
Oh yeah, talk about a good cook. Martin took our breakfast orders that night and we awoke to some of the best cooking in all of Ireland.
We highly recommend Hill Crest House. The rooms were fine and clean and the hospitality was great!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2008

Martin's hospitality was so amazing and we enjoyed our visit so much that (after a few of his irish coffees) we tried to write a song entitled 'leave me in letterkenny!' If it ever gets finished it'll be a major hit.

The food is fantastic and the craic, as they would say in northern ireland, was ninety.

We'd definitely recommend this B&B to couples and families - its easy to find,affordable and it would be hard not to feel instantly at home. Go raibh mile maith agat, Martin!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 April 2008

We decided that as we were on a late flight and had a long drive ahead that we would break up the journey and stay over in Letterkenny. I looked up accomodation and chose the Hillcrest House as it had been so highly recommended.

All the reviews were right, it really was a great place to stay! Martin was hospitable and nothing was too much for him. With a young 3 year old travelling with us, we were all made to feel very welcome. The food was tremendous, tasty and lots of it. The room was ideal for a family of three, warm, clean and cosy. Parking was excellent. My 3 year old daughter gave Martin an impromptu hug and chatted away to him. An indication to me that he must be a very nice man as she is rather fussy about who she speaks to!

We would definately stay there again and recommend it to anyone. It has changed my perception of B&B's forever - no more hotels for us!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2008

We stayed at Hillcrest for the first time this Season and really liked the changes that Martin had made at the B&B since we last stayed with him. There is a new Natural Stone fireplace in the guests' Lounge, it's so cosy looking and the log fire was just the thing for the cold weekend we had. The Bathroom & shower in our room had been re-tiled and Martin has added a few personal touches to the bedroom. Honestly, we felt like we were staying in a Hotel! Our Breakfast was HUGE, as usual. Next time we go I'll remember to take my camera.. Kangootripper.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends