We chose this hotel from a choice of 2 in the Newmarket brochure for the Giants Causeway holiday. The holiday was excellent overall.
The Radisson was clean and modern and the reception staff very efficient when we arrived at 8.45pm the one thing we did feel was that the lighting in both reception and the rooms could have been better.
We ate in the Oak bar the first night which was good but a little expensive although similar in price to some of the other restaurants we saw in the area. We're more used to Toby carvery or sizzling pub prices.
On Monday afternoon when we arrived back from our trip the maid was about to do our room but agreed to come back in an hour when we'd gone out again.
Breakfasts were very good and the service excellent. On our last morning we had a very early start and a continental breakfast arranged for 5.45am. The young waiter who was setting up breakfast was very helpful bringing me Earl Grey tea and making my toast. It was nice to see a jar of cookies as a change from bread.
We didn't try the pool or gym as our excursions were all day. Don't worry about being close to the retail park you don't notice it from inside hotel. Dunnes was a nice shop with fashion and groceries. We even found a pair of shoes to fit my husband which is no easy task. M&S only sold ladies fashion and food. Hotel room 110 was very quiet and very little noise from outside.
Overall it was a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny is designed in a contemporary Irish style, with the comfort of both business and leisure guests in mind. The superior 4-star hotel features 114 modern, bright bedrooms, a restaurant, bar, grill, leisure centre, ample parking and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Letterkenny town, within walking distance of shopping areas, cinema, theatre, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, LateRooms, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny Hotel Letterkenny
- Radisson Hotel Letterkenny
- Radisson Letterkenny
- Radisson Sas Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny County Donegal