Stayed here towards the end of August for 5 days. On arrival we were checked in efficiently, but on entering the room realised there was no air-conditioning, the bathroom extractor fan didnt work, so we asked to be moved and were, though we were informed that in standard rooms, there is no air-conditioning in the room. I know it is Ireland but a 4 star hotel without air-conditioning as standard - is pretty basic nowadays to have it. However, the extractor fan in the bathroom again didn't work and there was what seemed to be a strong stench of urine. Again I trundled down to reception and Niall apologised and upgraded us to a business class room. Eureka - bathroom extractor fan that worked! And to boot there was air-conditioning.
We both had a good night sleep, though her indoors, the following morning was like a 'drunk' trying to get out of bed. She looked under the mattress and low and behold her part of the bed was broke! So the hotel quickly sorted this little issue.
Part of the hotel deal included meals on two evenings. On both nights the meals were of a decent standard. Breakfast while self-service, with the exception of coffee and toast being brought to the table, is pretty good. The staff in the restaurant both in the evening and at breakfast were pleasant and helpful. Staff in the hotel in general are very courteous, up for a bit of craic and conversation and are a credit to the hotel.
Outside of the few mishaps at the beginning the rooms are spotless and kept immaculate. A bonus for me was to find out they have modernised some of the gym equipment, which was great, as her indoors could go to the shopping mall across the road, while I tried to lose different sort of pounds.
All in all a very pleasant say and it is my better 'alf's fave hotel in all of the island of Ireland. And to be fair it is all down to the staff. My concern is that the small mishaps we encountered at the start need looked into and that the hotel updates constantly and doesn't run down - that would be a shame.
Will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny is designed in a contemporary Irish style, with the comfort of both business and leisure guests in mind. The superior 4-star hotel features 114 modern, bright bedrooms, a restaurant, bar, grill, leisure centre, ample parking and complimentary high speed internet access. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Letterkenny town, within walking distance of shopping areas, cinema, theatre, bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Rezidor, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny Hotel Letterkenny
- Radisson Hotel Letterkenny
- Radisson Letterkenny
- Radisson Sas Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny County Donegal