“Interesting”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Monaghan
“Interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

My husband and myself stayed in the Radisson Blu Letterkenny last night on our 36th Wedding Anniversary. I booked on line in the beginning of the week and was asked if I wanted 2 single beds or 1 double. Of course I opted for the latter. When we got to the room, to my horror there was the 2 single beds pushed together and a single duvet on each. What could I say. I said nothing except on departure, when I was informed that most rooms were like this . There were no extra bed clothes but seemingly we could have got more by contacting reception. There was no tv remote in the room either but one was delivered within 5 mins of contacting reception. The room was excellently clean.
We had lunch in the bar which was very tasty and reasonably priced. The buffet breakfast was excellent. Overall an interesting experience but don't think we'll be returning to 2 single beds.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank corrigan7
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

I would like to first take this opportunity to congratulate you on your 36th Wedding Anniversary, we are delighted that you chose to celebrate the occasion here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny. In relation to the accommodation provided, most of the hotels accommodation offers the option of a double/twin room, this can consist of two zip and link beds which is also the case in many hotels in Ireland to cater for the wider audience. A double duvet would have been provided for you if requested, as we are always happy to do this. I would encourage you to always delivery feedback during your stay in any hotel not just on departure as when you are leaving it is too late to rectify any experience one has had.

We are delighted that you found the food in the hotel to be excellent and I have delivered this feedback to the hotels catering team, which is greatly appreciated.

We do hope you will return to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future to experience why so many of our guests return time and time again.

Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had booked the Mount Errigal but on arrival found hotel to be unacceptable and so left. This hotel came to the rescue and saved our trip.......

Helpful efficient reception staff.
Good modern, clean hotel with decent décor throughout.
Friendly staff throughout.
Business class room was large, modern and well equipped - had a fridge, trouser press, iron, coffee making machine, modern TV to name a few.
Hotel located straight across from the retail park..
Decent leisure facilities - pool, sauna, steam room and gym all of good standard.
Good hotel bar which showed live football (weekend stay) and served food.
Hotel located a 10-15 min walk from entertaining town centre - this would be most suitable for guests who wanted to return to peace from the inner town experience at weekends, or wanted to avoid altogether; thankfully there were no apparent "party animals" returning at silly hours!!
Very good standard of breakfasts and evening meal experienced in the modern restaurant, served by capable and friendly staff.

On a slight negative, I found the wi-fi internet had poor signal strength in much of the hotel. As I brought a laptop however, I was able to avail of the wire connection which was supplied to the room.

All in all, a very good hotel which I would recommend to others. I hope to return in the near future

Room Tip: The business class rooms have upgraded facilities - see if you can get one for similar cost to stand...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GK1979
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that your enjoyed your stay with us, especially finding the staff friendly throughout your time here. We are so pleased that we helped you have an enjoyable stay during your time in Letterkenny.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We called into the Radisson after our other accommodation plans fell through. Without a booking we were worried we would not get a room. The friendly gentleman at the front reception offered to match our room rate when heard about our previous hotel booking for that night. He then upgraded our room free of charge. When we arrived in the room, we found the entire room had been cleaned but they had forgotten to take the trash out - leaving empty wine bottles and glasses and used mugs. Easy mistake. When we phoned reception to tell them, they same gentleman from the front desk came up to our room and took us down the hall to another room. The room we received appeared to be one of the best rooms they had. 4 poster bed, lounge/sitting area, 2 televisions, robes and slippers and more. We were more than impressed for such a simple mistake. We will definately stay here should we head back to Letterkenny. Overall the hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The buffet breakfast is great and check out of 12pm is very convenient as well.

1 Thank Natasha C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are over the moon that we made your experience of your time in Letterkenny an enjoyable one and found the staff to be friendly and the hotel clean.

Tisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We booked in the Radisson in Letterkenny on our experiences of the Radisson at Dublin airport, a decision we lived to regret.
We unfortunately stayed in the Radisson in Letterkenny on a weekend when there were two weddings taking and therefore two wedding party's taking place.
Check in/check out was very efficient.
The restaurant was very limited with their menu, however it was competitively priced, however, it took what seemed forever to get served initially and the waitress seemed as though she didn't really want to be there working, everything seemed to much for her.
During the night the children from the wedding party/party's just went absolutely wild, slamming doors, running up and down the corridors shouting and screaming, this went on until well after 1am, one of the other guests, an Italian, just packed up and left the hotel as he had spoken to the reception on several occasions with out any resolution.
I personally would not return to this hotel I did not feel as though I had received value for money at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We pride ourselves on ensuring that our guests enjoy their stay from the moment they arrive to when they depart and are very disappointed to learn that we did not achieve this. The Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny was busy with weddings over the festive season as are most hotels in Ireland due to it being a prime time of year for people to get married. Unfortunately, it is not possible to control everyone in the hotel who are ‘absolutely wild, slamming doors, running up and down the corridors shouting and screaming’. When complaints are made we do of course do our very best to bring a situation under control.

We are pleased that you feel you received value for money and do hope that you will reconsider and return for another stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the future to experience why so many guests return time and time again to us.

Wishing you and yours a happy and prosperous 2014 from all of the team at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

Co dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Booked four rooms in total for valentines weekend as I'm attending a christening there on the sat the 15th of February , I booked on line and received my confirmation as you do . I was really worried about one thing , my father is not really able for the stairs , my mother and a good neighbour who will be joining us is a little claustrophobic , so couldn't have them going up two three four floors in a lift or stairs for my father , I emailed the reservations manager and explained everything , ms Clare harkin , she was brilliant myself rambling on about this and that ,I work in the hospitality myself , hotel in Dublin , I know what customers are like , I must say Clare was great , dealing with what I wanted , you wouldn't get it any where else in all the hotels I stayed in I'm really looking forward to stay here for the two nights with the boyfriend , and sharing those days with family members , , , I read some reviews here good and bad but hey if the staff members are all as nice and helpful as Clare harkin well I'm truly looking forward to my stay , this lady is a credit to the hotel , I'm really looking forward to staying here , and meeting the staff , , , , . Thanks Clare for your help I'm so grateful , looking forward to meeting you , kindest regards Nessa

Stayed January 2014
Dear Nessa,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny on Trip Advisor, it is greatly appreciated.

Not only have you made our day with such wonderful comments and feedback, you have made Clare Harkin’s year! All of the team at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny strive to ensure that all of our guests have a wonderful experience with us and we are delighted to read that from the moment you made your first enquiry you have experienced just that.

Clare and all of the team at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny very much look forward to welcoming you, your family and friends in February.

Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel between xmas and new year. Great location and easy parking. Our first room had a broken window which let in a draught of cold air. Contacted reception and was moved within 10 mins to another room. The staff were friendly and helpful although the bar was left vacant and I had to wait to get a drink! Breakfast had a very good selection and we had dinner which was very good with excellent service.

I tried the pool which was good but no Jacuzzi!

Overall we have no problem recommending this hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your break with us over the festive season and found the staff to be friendly and helpful as we always strive to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for having to wait for a drink in the bar, I have passed your feedback on this matter to the hotels Operations Manager to ensure that this will not happen again going forward. We are truly delighted that you would have no problem in recommending the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Galway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for a family wedding on New Year's Eve. From start to finish our stay here was exceptional. The facilities are excellent, rooms well equiped and spotless and the food was lovely. The staff are a credit to this hotel, nothing was ever too much trouble, service was prompt and always with a smile. They really make your stay special. Would definitely recommend a stay here, we will certainly be back.

Dear Guest,

Your feedback has really made our day, especially stating ‘from start to finish our stay here was exceptional’, we cannot thank you enough for positing such an amazing review.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the future.