“Time out”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Lurgan
“Time out”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I wanted to treat my partner to an over night break away from the hussle and bussle of work, so I booked us into the Radisson Blu in Letterkenny. It took a little while for our room to be prepared, so we had a couple of relaxing drinks and a little nibble while we waited,( just over half an hour). Now I must say I was a little disappointed to discover that the bed was not a doube but 2 singles pushed together, not very romantic, but they where very comfortable. The room was very spacious with coffee/ tea facilities,there was a fridge and safe, the bathroom was also spacious with little toiletries that my partner loves to see. There was a fitness suite, sauna, steamroom and a pool, we went for a little dip, very nice it was to and the towels were provided free, but 5 euro for the caps which you had to wear.We dined at the hotel, very nice and breakfast, very nice. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: If you want a double bed it may be a good idea to ask.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your recent stay at the 4* Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us along with the hotels facilities and amenities. Our always strive to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay with us and we are delighted that we delivered our promise to you both.

We very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I thought the hotel was lovely. We just stayed one night. We stayed in the business class room. The only difference in business class seemed to be that you got a dressing Gowan and slippers and better toiletries. The room was very good and clean. The only thing I was disappointed in was that the double bed was two twin beds pushed together. Very uncomfortable. The breakfast was very good. Lots of good choices of cereal, nuts, juices etc and good fresh fruit. Good hot food too. Good quality meat and my favourite item was the fresh bread.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us here at the 4* Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our super buffet breakfast is something that guests really enjoy and appreciate and we are so pleased that what you enjoyed most is our daily fresh bread.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I recently stayed in the Radison and although the staff and hotel were lovely, when I got back to Dublin the next day I found about 12 bites on my legs, which very much looked like bed bug bites and I hadn't been anywhere the day/night before where I could have gotten so many bites. I'm not one for complaining so instead of ringing I decided to send them an email. I was very nice in the email and said the hotel and staff were lovely but that I suspected that I had gotten all the bites from my stay in the hotel and to maybe let the chambermaids know so that they could clean the bed properly etc. What disappointed me most was that my email wasn't even acknowledged by the hotel. I heard nothing back not even a thanks for letting us know or apologies. I thought that was very bad form. So needless to say I won't be staying there again!

Room Tip: Beware of room 116!
Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Michelle W
ashbourne
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had our wedding here in Dec 2013 and couldn't be happier with the hotel. Letterkenny is my home town and the Radisson is not the hotel locals associate with weddings BUT that changed after they attended ours. We found Sueellen the wedding coordinator to be great from the planning right through to the day itself. She was on hand to give advice, answer questions and suggest vendors when we didn't know which company to choose. She even turned up the morning after (on her day off) to check everything was just right with our bill etc.
We had both or ceremony and reception here.
I particularly remember how at ease Eamon, the duty manager made me feel when I arrived for the ceremony and was beginning to feel nervous. Nothing was too much for the team on the day, they were attentive to any request made of them by any of our guests.

the food was delicious and we had lots of compliments by our guests on this. Many of whom know good food. I was particularly impressed with how well they catered for guests with special dietary requirements. There was one lactose intolerant guest and several veggies. The veggies were given more than one choice both of which they said we lovely. The guest who can't eat dairy was particularly blown away when she was told that the chef will make whatever she wanted. The only problem there was that she didn't know what she wanted. Haha. Also catered well for the children offering one very picky guests exactly wanted she wanted which again wasn't on the menu. All this with smiles on their faces.

We were so happy with the level of professionalism and friendless from all the staff. Our guests said they felt that the staff couldn't do enough for them throughout the weekend and we could see that too.

We considered lots of other venues for our wedding but are so happy that we choose the Radisson, Letterkenny. I think some people might be put of by the retail location of the hotel but I would advise to see past it. There isn't an area on the grounds of the hotel for photos and this is the only negative but very few people want to get photos taken at the hotel anyway. For us the town centre location was perfect for both or local and out of town guests. It was really handy for taxis home at the end of the night/morning and meant those staying at the hotel were right in the centre to go shopping for have a walk around the town the following day.

If I were doing it over again I would definitely choose the Radisson, Letterkenny. Really for me it was the professionalism of the staff which made it. Sueellen & Aoife on reception, Eamon, Ciaran, Jonathon and all the other staff who's names we didn't catch. Each one of them worked so hard to make our day flawless and we really appreciated it.

Oh and the candy table they provided was epic.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I would first like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing such an amazing review following your wedding reception in December 2013, your comments and feedback have blown us away.

We consider ourselves very lucky to have such an amazing dedicated team who truly take pride in everything that they do. Suellen, Eamon, Aoife, Ciaran, Jonathan and the rest of the team that would have worked to ensure your wedding day was magical and one to remember are overjoyed to read your comments and cannot thank you enough for your kind words. We always strive to ensure that we make planning your wedding day and smooth and seamless as possible and that all your needs are met, especially the little touches that make all of the difference, after all it is the most important day of your life and one that you and your husband will cherish forever.

We are so pleased that you chose us for your special day, we very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the very near future.

County Donegal, Ireland
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had our wedding in a small hotel in Letterkenny, but needed to organise another hotel for our extended family and friends. After negotiating a special group rate at the Radisson, most of our guest stayed for at least one night. My husband stayed there the night before the wedding and we both stayed there the day after the wedding. The service was excellent and made us all so welcome. The hotel is SPOTLESS! The rooms were beautiful. We stayed in the Suite the night after the wedding and it was such a treat!

We had breakfast our room and it was gorgeous. We had Sunday Lunch there the day after our wedding along with my family and friends and it was brilliant too. Even though I was too tired to remember my allergies when ordering, they replaced my meal without question when I remembered I couldn't eat certain things!

We enjoyed a few hours in the hotel bar with friends and family before the left on Sunday and had a bit of pub grub late in the evening. It was all very tasty and great value for money.

I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you chose the hotel to accommodation you, your husband and guests during your very special celebration and that you all enjoyed your stay with us. Your wonderful feedback has really made our day.

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your new husband every happiness for the future and we very much look forward to welcoming you both and your family back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel last week as I was attending a wedding, from first arrival to checkout everything was fantastic. The wedding was great food an service rooms nice size and a large choice of breakfast items. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely return

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted to read your excellent feedback following your recent stay with us while attending a wedding in the hotel. We always strive to ensure all of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us and we are delighted to read that on this occasion we delivered our promise.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the future.

Ireland
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived at the Radisson Blu Hotel Letterkenny on Saturday afternoon for a quick one night break away. We went to the bar on arrival and had some lunch and drinks. The food in the bar is top notch. We ordered a steak sandwich and was asked how I wanted it cooked. I answered medium expecting a very thin sliver of steak well done to land in front off me which would be the norm when ordering this dish. I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice think bit of steak cooked medium on the dish when it arrived. Very tasty! We eat again that night in the restaurant and food was good. The room was lovely and bath robes supplied for use in the room and health club. Over all we enjoyed our night in the Radisson.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank butterfly12
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted to read your comments and that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. I have also passed on your compliments to the chefs on the food received in both the bar and restaurant and your feedback has really made their day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny
Also consider these accommodations in or near Letterkenny
Clanree Hotel
Mount Errigal Hotel
#7 of 12 in Letterkenny
Mcgettigan's Hotel Letterkenny
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny? Share your experiences!