“One night stay....”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I had only booked this hotel the day before we went for a one night stay, check-in was quick and easy, hotel room nice and large, we had a king size bed which was really comfy but didn't like the single duvets. Staff friendly, breakfast adequate, shops just across the road, which was handy for me. I've read here that they are going to make the bedrooms nicer and I think they definitely need it, but overall we had a nice time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tillytara
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to right such a lovely review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your over all stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on the hotels accommodation and breakfast offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed on 14th April for three nights. The hotel is ideally situated for access to the retail shopping areas and for road access. Our room was comfortable and reasonably well equipped. We used the Port bar on two nights and found the food and service good and reasonably price. The buffet breakfast was very good with lots of choice. Overall it was a reasonably pleasant stay but nothing that was outstanding. It is not somewhere that I would have at the top of my list to rush back to, however I would certainly recommend this hotel for a short stay.The hotel would probably suit the business traveller rather than couples or families. It does lack any real atmosphere or sense of luxury.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend the hotel and our location to those looking for a short stay in Letterkenny town. We are also pleased to read that you enjoyed the food on both nights in our newly refurbished Port Bar & Grill along with our Super Buffet Breakfast offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu on a recent business trip to Letterkenny. The rooms were well maintained and the size was very good. Bed was comfy and very good breakfast menu. Staff were helpful and courteous. Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the menu.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you chose the hotel for your recent business trip and enjoyed the hotels amenities and food that your experienced during your stay. We are also delighted that you found the staff to be helpful and courteous.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Came here for a 2 night short break and unfortunately I have to say it is very average for a 4 star hotel. Room was OK, very clean but a little 'dated' and just plain bland. WiFi was excellent and this is something Radisson deliver well throughout their chain. We ate in the Port Bar on one evening and while the prices were fair, they seemed to struggle to cook my wife's burger the whole way through and then try to explain it that because the burger was so thick it was hard to cook!? Strange coming from a professional kitchen, at least they replaced it with a different main course and didn't charge for it. On the other hand breakfast was excellent with a large choice to suit everyone. Access to Leisure centre was very strange via rear stairs, but well equipped. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout and I think this would be fine for a business stay, less so for leisure.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on Trip Advisor.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. We would like to take the opportunity to apologise for any short comings in service standards that you received while dining in the bar however we appreciate your understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Our visit was a one night stop whilst attending a local function. On arrival, first impressions of the room were that it had a musty smell and looked a bit tatty. The strangest thing was the bedclothes. The room had a king size bed but yet there were single quilts on the bed - rather odd we thought until it dawned on us that the king size bed was actually two single beds pushed together.

On the redeeming side, the beds were comfortable and the room was quiet. We got a pretty nice breakfast. Everything was fresh and well-presented.

The hotel could do with a bit of revamp. Single quilts should only be in single or twin rooms. A bit more attention to detail would be good. The staff in reception could be a bit more engaging with their guest.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your feedback. The smell that you experienced concerns us as none of our rooms are musty and have a need to be, if you could take the time to contact me directly with your room number so we can investigate the matter further we would appreciate it helena.obrien@radissonblu.com We are delighted to inform you that the hotel over the past two years has been going through a refurbishment, we started with the Carnegie Suite in 2012, in 2013 we refurbished the Health Club, in 2014 to date we have refurbished and rebranded our bar which is now known as the Port Bar & Grill. Before the end of 2014 we will be carrying out a soft refurbishment of the hotels bedrooms and have taken on board our guests feedback in relation to the bedroom standards. Our guests feedback is extremely important to us as it is the only way we can improve.

We are delighted to read that you found the beds comfortable and enjoyed the hotels super buffet breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went for mothers day lunch in the restaurant expecting it to be special but it was far from it.
I had my two year old daughter with me but as it was a mothers day lunch I didn't think it would be a problem. We were shown to our table and after that we hardly saw a member of staff again . I noticed other tables being served before us and being checked once they got their meals. I felt that the food was just plonked on table and there was no check to see if we had everything. We ordered dessert with tea and the tea never appeared.
Just a very poor effort I feel on the part of the staff. I definitely wouldn't be going back for lunch there.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank carode78

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent Mother’s Day lunch at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the experience within the hotel and sincerely apologise for any shortcomings in service that you received as we can assure you that we always strive to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us.

I would very much appreciate it if you would take the time to contact me directly to discuss your experience further, if you could kindly forward your contact details to me helena.obrien@radissonblu.com I can telephone you directly if that is more convenient for you.

Our customers feedback is so important to us and I greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss things further with you.

We do hope that you will reconsider and return to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had a late lunch with a friend in the port bar, 2 burgers, garlic potatoes & 3 soft drinks just over €35.00. 2 burgers were lovely, we'll cooked, fresh bap & plenty of filling, instead of getting garlic potatoes chips arrived, informed the girl that took the order that I had ordered garlic potatoes to which she responded did you we only started doing them today I'll get them for you now, about 5 minutes after finishing our burgers wedges arrived with the smallest drizzle of garlic butter, the server left that quick that I couldn't say anything so we didn't even bother eating the wedges. Approx 15 minutes later she came to clear the table & asked if everything was ok explained it was not I ordered garlic potatoes not chips & not wedges, I got the weakest apology ever and she said would speak to her manager, her manager agreed that garlic potatoes should be baby potatoes cooked in garlic butter & took 25% of my bill as per the Radisson blu policy. I took about another 10 - 15 mins to actually pay the bill as the girl never came back to the table. I asked them to put the discount back onto my bill as I was not complaining to get something for free, the barman that took payment was genuinely apologetic which did make the situation a little better. This should have been a straightforward enjoyable meal but because the order was wrong twice and the girls lack of concern and her uninterested attitude I will be avoiding the Radisson blu in future

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jojo544

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience at the Port Bar & Grill at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise most sincerely for any shortcomings in service that you received recently in the bar. I agree that you should have received what you ordered and not had to wait for any part of the meal along with 10-15 minutes for the bill. We greatly appreciate all of our customers feedback and this is why we have a 100% guest satisfaction policy.

We do hope you will reconsider and return to the Port Bar & Grill at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny and experience why we have so many regular customers dining with us on a daily basis.