“very good hotel”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Letterkenny
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay here very much dont know how some have gave it any less than five stars rooms spotless only neagative points are the boy racers outside, hotel pool has no jacussi, and the breakfast pure orange tasted watered down . will defintley be back staff great book with confidence

Room Tip: ask away from above pool area noisy blowers but thats being fussy
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the 4* Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you most sincerely for saying that we deserve nothing less than five stars, words like that truly make our day.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my elderly parents whom stayed at the Radisson Blu last week (10th & 11th August). The family wanted to treat our parents to a little break at the Radisson Blu and were able to obtain a deal from Groupon. We missed out on the two night stay and so paid for two 1 night stay (this included bottle of wine and 10 euros towards dinner).

On arrival my Dad went to use the lavatory, only to find it with blood on the seat and toilet bowl and so contacted a maid in the corridor who said she would clean it. My Dad then went to use the toilet again, only to find that the toilet was not cleaned. My Mum then approached reception to ascertain why this had not been cleaned and was informed that the hotel was too busy, that it wouldn't be cleaned until later!!!!

The remote control and toilet fan were also broken so they had to go to reception again for a working TV remote.

As stated, we had booked our parents on two separate deals, they were to receive a bottle of wine on both evenings with 10 euros towards dinner. My Mum approached the reception to inform them that the bottle was not received at the room where she was informed that she wouldn't be getting it, nor would she be getting the 10 euros towards dinner as she was on the two night deal, upon which my Mum informed the receptionist that this was not the case, that 2 separate deals were purchased but that the nights were booked together. The receptionist basically informed her that she was wrong, inferring that she was lying. My elderly mother was embarrassed that she felt she had to argue with the receptionist in order to receive what was paid for, and even on showing the two separate vouchers, they were still not going to fulfil the obligation of the deal.

Eventually, due to my Mum's perserverance, they received what they were entitled to but didn't receive one apology, not one!! Despite saying they thought the hotel was nice, the abysmal service they received ruined their entire experience and they would NEVER return to this hotel again!!!! Having booked this hotel as a treat for them, we are severely disappointed and annoyed at the treatment they received.

Unfortunately, my husband has booked and paid for us to stay at the hotel in the next coming weeks, so you can imagine my trepidation and reluctance!! If it wasn't already paid, we most definitely would not be staying!!!

1  Thank LD_Derry
Helena O, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your parents recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

I would first like to take this opportunity to apologise that the toilet in the room was not cleaned on arrival, I have addressed this with the Housekeeping Manager.

I am aware of your parents booking as I was on duty on the day and I recall my colleague from reception coming to the office to enquire about the booking. Immediately she was informed that your parents should have received 2 bottles of house wine and 2 €10 food vouchers on arrival as that was included on the deal and we would organise for the wine and voucher that they had not received to be delivered to the room. My colleague was not rude to your mum, however if your mum would like to discuss this further with me I would be happy to receive a call from her. At no time would a member of the hotel team tell a customer that we are too busy to deal with any issue one may have, if we are busy we would simply explain that someone will be up to a room in X minutes time as they are currently dealing with other customers.

As you will see from other reviews the hotels team is what makes this hotel stand out from all of the others and this is why so many of our guests return time and time again.

We hope you will see during your stay why this hotel is so popular with visitors to the North West and that your mum and dad will reconsider their decision and return to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed for our anniversary on the 14-15th of August 2014

I visit letterkenny three times a year normally staying at Gallaghers hotel and a few times at mount errigal hotel!
But no more my stay will always be at the Radisson blu!

Checked in by a lovely lady told us what bars to go to ect ever time we passed her we had a chat she made the stay worth while!
We checked in at 3:30 our room was spotless large and had every thing from a tooth brush to razors! Great coffee machine as well :) oh and a really good bottle of white wine ;)

We got a meal in the restaurant on the first night, it was beautiful. I got duck it was Cooked to perfection, my hubby got the steak, he couldn't fault it.

The staff where great all friendly!
Breakfast was good eggs could of done with a bit of improvement... But selection was great.

Second night we had a friend arrived down his room was great as well he couldn't fault it.

For dinner the second night we got foot in the bar it also was great!

The hotel is just a walk away from the nightlife and In front of the shopping centre!

Over all I loved my stay and will be back again soon so many thanks for a great weekend away Amanda and David :))

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Amanda and David,

Thank you both for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are thrilled with your comments, they have really made our day. We are delighted you dined in both the AA Rosette TriBeCa Restaurant and Port Bar & Grill, the restaurant is renowned for delicious cuisine especially Duck and Steak.

We very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the near future and thank you once again for such wonderful feedback.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

A regular stop now when in Letterkenny. Rooms are clean and very comfortable and ideal for a business stop over. Restaurant and pub food is good with friendly staff that are helpful. The business class rooms are worth the bit extra - endorse so machines ate a nice touch

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continuing support of the hotel as a regular customer, it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the hotels standards, services, amenities and above all our friendly team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed in Letterkenny visiting donegal - a half way point. Comfortable and well appointed rooms. Ate dinner in the restaurant. Well written menu that was very well presented and executed in the way it was served. Beignet of crab was beautifully presented flavoursome and fresh tasting. The main courses hake and fish pie really well executed and for me the fish pie with a bisque style sauce was perfect not heavy. A great side dish of greens. We declined a sweet course. I agree that we often make too much of wine service but for a second time in a radisson the wine was presented open....... I am really not sure that this is the way to go?! That said it did not take from the dinner. Good breakfast buffet. Very good value stay.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback on our food is wonderful, it could have been wrote by a food writer, thank you most sincerely.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed here the other week for two nights with family and friends. We booked four rooms in total.

On arrival we were met with a rather stony faced lady who told us that two of the rooms were not ready yet, this was at 3:20pm, check in was 2:00pm. She didn't apologise and looked as if she wanted to be anywhere else but at work. That was a great start to our stay...

Eventually we got into our rooms which were near sub zero due to the Air conditioning being set to a bizarrely low temp on a cool day. My particular room was fine and clean except for some hairs in the bottom of the bath. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. There were plenty of toiletries and refreshments available also. I can safely say my room was fine and I was happy with it. The rest of the hotel was the problem.

We then went to the bar. As we stood at the bar at least two employees looked at us and walked back into the kitchen quarters. We were eventually served two pints of over priced beer, all the drinks are overpriced, 4 Euros+ for a red bull!. We frequented the bar a few times and it was always pretty soulless with no entertainment provided except for plodding MOR rock being played at a barely audible level. The food in the bar is just average and not at all worth the price.

As we returned to our rooms that night we found out that only one of our key cards worked, this was the same for all the rooms. When we brought this up with reception they assured us they had fixed the issue. When we returned to our rooms we found out that the problem still remained, the card that worked before now no longer worked and the card that didn't work now did. At this stage we just wanted to sleep and felt in no way that anyone was competent enough in the hotel to fix the issue.

At breakfast we were met with yet more cold disinterested employees who showed us to a table. The food was again very average. Rubbery low grade sausages and undercooked eggs just topped off a very disappointing stay at a hotel that can be so much better with a bit of work.

So instead of the marketing person commenting on this with excuses and spin, can you please just let the managers know that your surly staff, sub par food and technical glitches need to be rectified before this hotel can be considered fit for it's four stars.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank N.IrelandSanchez

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

Firstly, I would like to add that at no point do I as the Director of Sales & Marketing compile ‘excuses and spin’, you will see that we always value all feedback from customers and simply offer explanations where possible to guests along with apologies when needed as we always strive as a team to exceed a customers’ expectations and you will see from other reviews that guests very much enjoy their time here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

I can only apologise to you that you were not greeted by my colleague with a smile, as you did not ask to speak with a manager during your stay I do not know who you are referring to, this would allow management to deliver training to any team member that you felt was lacking in customer service.

Overall I would like to apologise for any short comings in service and standard that you received during your stay. This is very rare to see and your will see from other reviews that our team is what makes this hotel stand out from all others. The hotels food especially breakfast continues to receive wonderful reviews due to the high quality standard and the very large choice we have to offer, something for everyone.

I have already distributed your feedback to all managers in the hotel so they are aware and can deliver training to staff where required, from a management point of view can I ask when you are staying in a hotel please deliver your feedback on check-out, this allows a manager to ask you questions to ensure that improvements are made where needed. We are always striving to be the best and our customers and their feedback is what we value most.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights recently with my fiancé. The hotel was fantastic, staff were very friendly and food gorgeous - could not fault it. The Hotel is located just across the road from a large shopping area - a girls dream.

Room Tip: Business travel rooms - a must

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny.

We are delighted that you and your finance found the hotel to be fantastic, our team very friendly along with the hotels food offerings to be gorgeous, your feedback has truly made our day, thank you.

We very much look forward to welcoming you both back to the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny in the near future.